“Good times”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Irish, Scottish, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Description: Not only does the Knotted Thistle offer a uniquely Celtic atmosphere, we also proudly serve a variety of local and imported beer, wine and scotch along with some traditional Celtic dishes.Whether it’s a Scotch egg, Irish Nachos, or our very own Thistlehead Ale -we have something to tempt every palette. So feast yer eyes upon one of our menus and see what mouth-watering surprises await you.
Meadow Lake, Canada
“Good times”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The beer was very good and cold service was great. A nice relaxing environment with a touch Scotland

Visited May 2014
Ryan_Urzada, General Manager at Knotted Thistle Pub, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the drinks, service and atmosphere of the pub Lousie. Hope you’ll stop in again soon!

Ryan Urzada

Regina, Canada
“We had the worst server I have EVER had.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

So on Friday, May 2nd some friends suggested we go for drinks to the Knotted Thistle. I had never been there but had heard from multiple people that food and yards of beer were great!

Myself and three others showed up at about 7pm and the place was packed so we waited around for a table. Once we got a table our server, a girl with short hair named Krista, came by brought us menus and took our drink order. Right from the beginning Krista's attitude towards us was anything but friendly.

When we went to order our food, 2 of my friends said they would order a little later, she then took my order, and totally ignored my third friend and walked away. When he called her back over and politely told her that he would like to order food as well she rolled her eyes and him and said in a very harsh tone, "What do you want?".

I ordered a Pubhouse wrap and substituted sweet potato fries and when I got my food she had got me a Clubhouse sandwhich. I never mentioned the screw up to her because, well, I was hungry and it looked good (tasted good too). The sweet potato fries that I had paid more for were cold.

THEN, when the table beside us left we pulled it up against our table because we had a couple more friends who were on there way to join us. As soon as Krista saw us do this she came over and quite rudely asked us if we could put it back because there were people waiting for a table. Other than her incredible rude tone of voice we had no problem giving the table up to people who were waiting, except the table sat unattended for 30 mins and was only occupied five minutes before our friends arrived.

By the end of the night (we had been there from 7pm-12am), we had about a table of ten and people had been switching seats all night so when Krista brought the bills there were a couple of mistakes None of us thought it was a big deal, accidents happen, so after we showed her the mistake she took the bills looked and them, rolled her eyes and said right in front of our entire table, "ughh F*#$"! TALK ABOUT UNPROFESSIONAL!

When she came back to the table one of our friends had ordered a Tripple and she had billed him for a double and a single (which is way more expensive than a tripple should be). When he asked she just said, "Thats the way we do things here".

When she got to the last person at our table to take payment, (he had only been there for one hour and she never came back to refill his drink) he didn't leave her a tip. She looked at the bill and said, "Wow, Really?" rolled her eyes, crumpled the receipt and walked away.

We understand that servers rely on tips, but in order to receive a tip you have to be at least half decently friendly.

Finally, as we were leaving i looked over at Krista and she was pointing at us and talking about us to another patron she was serving.

I was absolutely DISGUSTED by the service we received that night. I have never in my life received such poor service.

I will say, that I will most likely be back due to the good food and drinks but if I ever have this girl as a server again I will walk out. An entire restaurant can not be held accountable for one employees actions, however, If you employ people who treats customers this way most people would not come back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jessica R
TravelodgeRegina, General Manager at Knotted Thistle Pub, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Jessica, we could not agree with you more. Krista was a very new hire and is no longer with us.
The night you were with us was one of her first - and I believe last with us. I am very sorry that you were exposed to this kind of terrible attitude.

Thank you for your kind words and keeping an open mind about our pub despite the bad experience. We look forward to having you visit us again soon. If you like, please give me a call 306-584-6310 so I can ensure your next time with us will be much better.

Ryan Urzada
Lloydminster, Canada
“Lots of fun!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The pub has lots of different drinks you can order, fun servers and a great environment! Easily accessible via hotel.

Visited April 2014
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
“Good Pub Food”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Located on Albert St. just outside of downtown Regina, is The Knotted Thistle, an Irish pub and restaurant. Mid afternoon, the restaurant was relatively empty, tables filled mostly with hotel occupants and retirees.

For lunch, we ordered the fish and chips and the Guinness Burger.

For the fish and chips, the fish was cooked well, however, the chips were a little tough for my taste. However, the fish was moist and flaky and the crust was crispy and didn't pull away from the fish.

The burger was all right; burgers are difficult and can be hit or miss at restaurants.

• Visited September 2013
TravelodgeRegina, Manager at Knotted Thistle Pub, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review your lunch experience. We’re glad you were able to have a good meal and were pleased by the fish. We hope to see you back to enjoy the Celtic atmosphere and try out some of the other menu items!
Houston, Texas
“Great Pub. Good fish & chips. Limited but interesting menu.”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Really nice Pub. Friendly atmosphere, Good ambience and attractive setting. Highly recommended for a pint. Bar staff was nice. However they don't know have a clue how to draw a proper pint of Guinness.

• Visited October 2013
TravelodgeRegina, Manager at Knotted Thistle Pub, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thanks for the feedback! We’re glad you like the pub, and we’ll be sure to look into what happened with the Guinness. Our servers go through an extensive training process which includes pouring a proper pint of Guinness.