“Location good for travelling”

Sandman Hotel & Suites Regina
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times in the last 6 months and it's location is good if you're on the road across the country. It's on the trans-canada at the ring road around Regina and is hooked to a Denny's and Moxie's. The hotel it'self is decent enough and the staff are friendly. The rooms could use an update. I found the pillows and bed way too "gushie"(if that's a word for soft) and the rooms were cramped. If they get rid of the old style box TV it might make more room. The hotel has a pool and jaccuzzi which I liked. There's a small workout room as well. I'm on the fence as to whether I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric M

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We planned a week long road trip across western Canada and stayed in two Sandman Hotels throughout the trip. The one in Calgary was awesome! We got a great deal and were upgraded to a suite for no charge! .....However sadly our stay in Regina's Sandman was quite opposite. We checked in and had to change rooms since the first room we were given had a very dirty bathtub & rug. The sheets and blankets on the beds were pilling & pretty worn out. Once we moved into another room, we had the same issues with uncleanliness and poor bedding. By this time it was late evening and we were tired so we stayed, slept and left first thing in the morning. We would not recommend this hotel AT all. Ironically this was also the highest rate we were charged throughout our whole trip for hotels with no extras included, Our trip included GREAT hotel stays throughout Banff, Jasper, Calgary & Manitoba.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kelali44
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two nights, our check in went smoothly and the staff were very friendly. When we went in our room, we found the carpet had not been vacuumed, (at least not very wee) the drink glasses were dirty, and there was some food items from the previous occupants left in the desk drawer. The bathroom could use a bit of paint on the baseboards and trim. Other than this we enjoyed our stay as we weren't in the room much. I would stay here again if I had too, but I think I would check around if I could as I think you could find better accommodations for the price charged at this location. We did not try the restaurants at the hotel or the bar so we cannot comment on them. Just a bit of elbow grease and a bit more care in cleaning the room would make a lot of difference. We stayed at the hotel on Sept 16/17 2011.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank JimDebH
gmregina, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations during you recent stay.
Your comments are important to us. Standards in consistency especially in room cleanliness and maintenance are vital and this certainly was not exhibited during your visit. Your concerns have been addressed. It is my wish you will afford The Sandman Hotel, Regina the opportunity to host your future accommodation needs.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed one night, arrived in evening, made reservation week in advance and upon arrival room was exactly as booked. Spacious with separate bedroom, small fridge, microwave and seating area. Furniture and TV were dated in style, could use some upgrades. No flat screen. Bathroom is small, but functional. Towels were poorer quality, linen on beds was poorer quality too, no comforter, just a blanket between two sheets, seemed to cheapen feel of stay. Elevators were slow and had no air circulation, which was uncomfortable on this day as it was 29 C. Room was clean along with lobby and hallways, but found hallways a bit dark with low lighting. Denny's is attached to hotel which is accessible from inside hotel and Moxie's is located outside in front of hotel. Parking is poor due to these restaurants using same lot, so getting a close stall to hotel is not usually available. Lots of shopping options across the street with a good size mall and few box stores. Gas stations plenty also.

Room Tip: Take advantage of their frequent stay program and earn free stay
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 2Travelersweare

Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments are important to us and it ensures our guest experience is one of feeling valued and enjoyed. This certainly was not exhibited during your visit. Standards in consistency are vital and your concerns have been addressed. My apologies again, and it is my wish you will afford The Sandman Hotel, Regina the opportunity to host your future accommodation needs.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed 11 August 2011

Staff were fantastic, clean rooms, moxies was great. Will stay again!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We reserved a one bedroom suite. What we received was a regular room with a sliding door between the smallest bedroom and living area I have ever seen in a hotel. The rattling sliding door to the bedroom area was very difficult to shut. There was a lock on it but there was nothing to lock onto. The door to the hallway squeaked so loud you would think you were in a haunted mansion. This hotel is definitely a lot of ware. I would never stay there again!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chachi001
gmregina, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Sandman Hotel, Regina for your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems encountered. We take pride in ensuring our guest's experience is one of satisfaction and feeling valued, this certainly was not exhibited to you during your stay. I have addressed the issues with the guestroom condition to our Maintenance Department. We do have various room types in our hotel and had I been made aware of the situation with your guestroom at your the time of your stay, I could have addressed it immediately.

My apologies again, and it is our wish you will afford The Sandman Hotel, Regina the opportunity to host you future hotel accommodation needs.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

Stayed with the Bantam Lacrosse team for provincials. Rooms are small, I found the beds small(double) and a bit hard. Room was warm and had to leave the air conditioner on full blast to sleep which is a bit loud, Denny's next door was horrible but the stay overall was good. Never got a chance to use the spa but it looked really nice. Kids used the pool and it was okay for them. Hotel is very clean and is nice looking which is the most important part.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family