“Typical”

Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Kitchener, Canada
“Typical”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is my first negative review on TripAdvisor. I was originally booked to stay for 7 nights but after dealing with reception a couple of times decided that they didn't deserve my business and moved elsewhere after three nights. The Supervisor was training new front desk staff and appeared to be a confusing authoritarian and had no sense of customer relations in dealing with me. I would rather have dealt with the trainees who were pleasant and had not yet succumbed to the Holiday Inn customer service mannerisms. Check-in was a very negative experience. When on the second day a package was delivered for me there was no message left for my room and when I went looking for it there was a prolonged delay while they searched the backroom and finally the excuse for the delay was "Oh sorry... it was hidden under my boss's purse". The package was about 2'x2'x2', must have been a huge purse.
The room was clean so at least housekeeping seems to be well run. This hotel is over-priced especially since breakfast is not included. There is a Perkins attached to the hotel which is average quality with higher prices just like the Holiday Inn. Finally, I had settled the account when checking out but when my office received the statement they had decided to debit my credit card for an additional $11.32 for who knows what. Possibly customer relations?
I go to Regina a number of times a year and will not stay here again but would recommend the HomeSuites by d3h nearby.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
HIHS_Management, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I'm very sorry to read about your frustrating experience with our staff. Most of our staff are on training and the management will definitely talk to our training supervisor about this issue. If you have any questions about anything on your receipt, please feel free to call us at 306-789-3883 to discuss it.

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Flin Flon, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

You want to see a setup that doesn't give a hoot about the customer. I phoned ahead well in advance about getting a late checkout the next day. I was assured this would not be a problem. My wife and I arrived off a flight at about 3 am. I am told no problem you can have a late checkout but you have to come down the next morning before 11 to book it. I would think management would be able to figure out this sort of defeats the purpose of the late checkout, as I wanted to sleep in. So than I get up next morning to go book my late checkout only to find out only way to get late checkout is to join some gold points club. Why would one want to join in a club that insists you get up the next day to book a opportunity to sleep in after a late flight, I am still trying to figure t this one out. Would not book here again if free.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
HIHS_Management, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear coppertc,

Thank you for leaving a feedback about our hotel. I do apologize for the confusion regarding our late checkout policy. It is true that the late checkout is a benefit available only to our IHG Rewards club members, and is based upon availability. This membership is free and you earn points every time you stay at any brand hotel under the IHG, like the Intercontinental, Holiday Inns, Candlewood suites, etc. You don't have to come to the front desk to request a late check out. During check-in or in your room, you may give the front desk a call and request for this to be arranged. I'm very sorry for the less than stellar experience that you had, and I hope you give us another chance to give you a better service in the future.

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I called to book rooms for the company I work for. The lady I spoke didn't sound very competent when I got off the phone I had the feeling she didn't book my reservation properly. Sure enough my when my co workers when to check in they didn't have a room. The Lady had booked them Tuesday instead of Wednesday night. Also she didn't send me a credit card authorization form (which caused me more inconvenience) even though I asked for one several times.I also said that it was for a business yet she booked it under a personal name which made it so I was unable to change the reservation (my co workers wanted to change hotels due to rudeness). I called to complain and lady said she would look into it but never got back to me. I called the following day to see what the status of my complain was and to talk to the manager. The manager said that she had talked briefly to the employee that had taken the reservation and she was looking into it and would get back to me. She never did. When I called again to cancel the reservation the guy I talked to said I couldn't do this as it wasn't under a company name (even though it was suppose to be). The reason I was canceling the reservation it the front desk was being rude to my co-workers. My company deals with asphalt were a bit dirty but that is no excuse for rudeness. I was made to feel like I was a lair and that my business didn't matter. I will NEVER book rooms here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JJJJD
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear JJJJD,

Thank you for your review about your stay. It is truly unfortunate to hear the poor experience you had with our hotel staff. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The hotel is located further away from "downtown" Regina, but everything in Regina is approx a 15-20 min drive from each other. The rooms were large and very clean. The front desk reception service was excellent. They provided free wifi internet which was great. Overall a decent stay with no surprises. Would consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HIHS_Management, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear gunz_arya,

Good day! Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn & Suites Regina. We're glad to know that you had a good stay at our property and we hope to see you next time you're in town.

Regards,

Saskatchewan
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed again over the xmas holidays and got the family suite. If you have a family here is no better suite/ price in SK than this hotel. Check in was smooth and friendly. I'm apart of the IHG Club so we go bottles of water, snacks upon check in. Also got a voucher for free kids meals at Perkins. Suite was clean and well cared for. The kids loved the pool and waterslide. Had a late check out so that made the next day less rushed. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
HIHS_Management, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear wns141,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites Regina. We're very glad you enjoyed your stay during the holidays. Indeed, our family suite is a favorite among our guests who are traveling with their families. Thank you for being a loyal member of the IHG Rewards club and we hope to see you next time.

Cold Lake, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Amazing front desk reception. Fully explained all hotel options and hours for the pool and the free children breakfast. Room was in good condition and very clean. They had plug in parking and plenty of it. The pool was nice the waterslide is crazy fast my son loved it. However the life guard had no control of the teenagers in the pool since she was probably younger then them and intimidated, However the pool was awesome and Perkins the restaurant attached had an amazing breakfast with actually great service. I will continue to keep using this hotel on my trips through regina. The only downfall is that the beds are not that comfortable they are clean but just cheap and hard.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Fabio P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay at our hotel. We're glad you and your family enjoyed your holidays here. We will do our best to get our pool attendants trained well so that our guests would be able to have a comfortable time at our pool area. I'm sorry to hear about the bed, and we'll definitely consider your comments and forward them to the owners. We hope to see you next time.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel while enroute back from an emergency trip to my parents house. The hotel was easily accessible from the highway. Check-in was quick and efficient. My room was very spaceous and comfortable. Parking and wireless internet was free. The internet strength was okay, but there were some periods when it cut out. The thermostat in the room was a bit difficult to work - I think that the thermostat piece didn't work as it continued to blow hot air until I finally turned the whole unit off. Room service was good - with reasonably priced items and good portion sizes. The pool and hot tub was a nice way to relax after a day of travelling. It was a bit pricey at $162/night, but it was still worth the cost. Overall, my stay was great. I would recommend this hotel for both business travelers and families.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
HIHS_Management, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Regina, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear PsychRN12 ,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. We're glad to read about your positive comments. Please be assured that your issues regarding the thermostat have been relayed to our Maintenance team and we'll do our best to resolve this as soon as possible. Hope to see you again soon!