“Extremely Disappointing From The Moment of Check In!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Regina
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Regina
GreenLeadersGold level
Newcastle, Canada
“Extremely Disappointing From The Moment of Check In!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

As a long time Hilton Hhonors members we booked two nights at this property throught their front desk and when I asked if there was complimentary parking the individual responded yes. Two months later as we were checking in the young lady at the desk announced that there would be a $12 charge per day for parking. When I told her that we had been advised that it was included when we made the reservation with their front desk, she offered her apologies and when I was persistent she said she would talk to her manager who interestingly enough was not available at 4ish in the afternoon. To their credit they did not charge us for parking.

However we purchased some perishable food items for the next day and stuck them in the bar fridge overnight only to discover the fridge wasn't on, That and having listen to repairs being attempted on an out of service elevator until almost 11:00 pm, our room being very close to the elevator.

As another guest and I both leaving were attempting to go through the revolving door which had been out of service most of the previous day, it did not respond and it was he who commented to me, "nothing much works here".

I learned from our Doubletree experience in downtown Regina, that the hotel, it's dining room and the surrounding restaurants are largely overrated and over priced catering to those on a corporate/business account and that was hammered home only too clearly after we had stayed at another Hilton property, Homewood Suites by Hilton Winnipeg Airport-Polo Park, MB in Winnipeg for the previous two nights for a quarter of the cost!

I informed the desk as we left that the fridge wasn't working and some food had spoiled and all she did was offer her apology.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Are J
Mike W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Regina, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Are J, thanks for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at the Doubletree Regina! My apologies that we missed out on Creating a rewarding Experience for you on this stay and truly hope you will reach out on your next visit to Regina so we may show you we at Doubletree CARE! I apologize for parking rate issues, we do have rates that include parking but most after renovation do not include this as it is now a third party lease lot through Impark. Our rates are competitive with all 4 downtown hotels at present. I apologize the fridge in your room was not plugged in, and will bring this to the attention of my Housekeeping staff. Our revolving door at the front was probably not the right choice for Regina weather and we are looking to possibly change this design altogether before this coming winter. I am sorry that you think our pricing in the restaurant and surrounding area is too high, I believe Wild Sage to have very varied menu with regard to pricing (Monday and Tuesday we have $10 pizza night and includes a pint of locally brewed beer).
Again, thanks for your valued input and we will continue to use comments like yours to improve. I do hope if your travels bring you back to Regina you will allow us the opportunity to WOW you.

Be Well

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I love staying at this hotel. It's right in the heart of downtown Regina, and is a beautiful property. The amenities are great, the rooms are spectacular and the staff is always friendly and helpful. I highly recommend a stay at this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Mike W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Regina, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Justinhi! Thanks so much for your kind comments on Tripadvosor! I am sure we will be seeing you many times into the future! Have a great week!

Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel looks as though it is brand new, and has absolutely no resemblance to the old one. The rooms are beautiful and spacious, and the in room dining I had was very good. The lobby area was very inviting with a beautiful space to sit and relax. The meeting room we had was very comfortable, and the luncheon we received was nicely displayed and very tasty. The only drawback for me was no in room movies, but far from the end of the world!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Roni Sue C! Thanks for your kind commnets on the Newly Renovated DoubleTree by Hilton Regina! I am so excited to hear that the renovations have met with your approvall. My apologies for that we no longer carry pay per view movies, they have went away with increased bandwidth in hotels, most guests use their devices to stream movies now.

Hope to see you many times in the future

Melfort, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel as a treat while on a trip thinking it would be a wonderful place to stay. I was mistaken. Although it is a beautiful looking hotel and the rooms are nice, we had too many issues to enjoy our time there. Our room was clean, the bathroom on the other hand wasn't. Dirt on the floor and boogers all over the inside of the shower curtain. It was disgusting. We paid $15 a night for parking and still got a parking ticket in the morning in their lot which was all blocked off because of construction. Underground parking is a joke if you are not driving a tiny low car. The parking outside the building was also right beside a main bus route, there are people and drunks wandering around the cars and one was relieving himself on a hotel guests car! The second night there were two or three rooms on our floor partying. LOUD! Slamming doors, running down the halls, drunk on the balconies screaming at the top of their lungs, grown men I might add .. From 11pm until 4 am...not cool Doubletree. This issue lasted all night and wasn't resolved. I'm very disappointed I was excited when I booked here because it had good reviews and was very nice looking, but I will never be back or recommend it to anyone. Which is sad because I really liked the cookie at check in. :-(

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Acidfly
Mike W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Regina, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Acidfly, thanks for posting your comments on Tripadvosor, my sincere apologies we did not live up to the Doubletree promise of Creating A Rewarding Experience. If you have a moment please do reach out to me directly at the Hotel as I did value your input. I will reach out to my Housekeeping staff as bathroom cleanliness is imperative and my associates in this department take a lot of pride in being one of the top scoring teams within Doubletree in this area. Parking is run by a third party vendor Impark and is $12 a night, if you entered your license plate at front desk at arrival you should not get a ticket, please call me if this ticket is still outstanding and I will gladly have it reversed. I do realize our Parkade is very low (it was built in a time that few guests drove trucks!), we do have above ground parking in frotn of the Hotel with 70 spots for larger vehicles. The construction you noted is actually on Broad and Victoria related to SaskEnergy not the Hotel and access to parking is avialble on 12th and also on Broad streets. We are aware that we are a downtown Hotel and with that in mind we do have overnight security to curtail any bad behaviour. Although they can't be everywhere at once, generally one call to the Front Desk by a guest and we will have the situation under control.
Again, my apologies for the issues you endured during your recent stay. I do hope that you will reach out to me directly and i can provide assurances this is not the level of service we provide at the DoubleTree.
Saskatoon
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We are very impressed with the newly renovated hotel! We booked a king suite to accommodate us and our teenage son. The suite was really nice, spacious and while pricey, was a fairly good value for downtown Regina. I do think that the extra charge for parking is excessive and that perhaps that should be included, at least for Hilton Honors members? This is my new favorite hotel in Regina. We won't be staying in the tiny rooms at the Delta again!

Room Tip: King suite for a family is awesome, pullout couch was relatively comfortable, two bathrooms was an b...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TamSaskatoon, thanks so much for your great comments on Tripadvisor. We are looking forward to hosting you many times in the near future! I do apologize that parking is extra (Impark is our third party for the Parkade) but I believe our rates are competitive with other downtown full service Hotels.

Have a great summer and if I can be of any service please email me directly

Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Overall this is great value however be prepared for parking your car in the covered parking area where trucks fit only on the first level . Staff was very friendly, room was new and clean although the bathroom was small.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Mike W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Regina, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dennis G A thanks so much for your comments on Tripadvisor. I do apologize that the Parkade is too low for larger vehicles, we do have about 70 additional spaces in front of the Hotel but when they build the Parkade in the 70's most people drove cars! Thanks for the friendly staff comment and hope to see you back at the Hilton in the near future.

Be well
Grenfell, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Newly renovated thus high quality of furnishings and bedding. Spacious lobby and restaurant. Warm cookie when checking in and guest of the day gift certificate. Staff professional and welcoming. Excellent location in downtown Regina.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Joanne s! Thanks so much for your kind words on Tripadvisor! I am glad you like our Guest of the Day program,,..that was all the idea of my Front Office Team! Please stop by for a cookie anytime the craving hits even if you are not staying overnight...I know how addictive they can be.

Be Well and see you soon