DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Regina
GreenLeadersGold level
Canada
“Meh”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Booked through hotels.com. When we got there we were told they couldn't find our reservation. When we gave them the confirmation number, we were told that it was the wrong one. Apparently hotels.com sends one and the you are supposed to get a Doubletree confirmation. How we were supposed to know that, I have no idea. Told us that we had to phone hotels.com because they were booked solid. Told them it wasn't my problem. Our confirmation email said our room was guaranteed. Waited for over an hour. Another employee asked me if I had the right hotel. Very condescending. Eventually they found a room for us. Very frustrating!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Janet0818
Mike W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Regina, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Janet 0818, I am so sorry for the confusion on arrival to our Hotel this past week! We should have taken this into our own hands and placed you in your room and then called the thrid party without you having to prove you had a valid reservation. Thanks for the information and I will insure my associates manage this better in the future. Please contact me directly if your travels bring you back to Regina and i will insure your room and reservation are ready on arrival!

Be well and have a great summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed with a 5 month old baby for five days in mid-July. I found the staff cheerful, welcoming and helpful. Our room on the third floor was generally clean and a good size. The one problem was the air unit above my bed, which was visibly covered in dust. The bathroom was small, but very clean. The hot water comes out VERY, VERY hot - use caution with children. We had an enjoyable dinner with a friend at The Wild Sage restaurant downstairs. Our server, Adam actually sent my steak back himself because it was clearly overdone. His colleague Erin was working in another section, but was kind enough to come over and entertain the baby several times, allowing me to actually eat my entire meal. The service of these two individuals was particularly appreciated. I ordered room service for breakfast twice. I had to be patched through the front desk as my phone was not connecting to the kitchen. But once connected, room service was pleasant and reasonably prompt. Unfortunately one morning my oatmeal was very runny and somewhat scant - but at least relatively hot. The second morning I had an overflowing bowl of thicker oatmeal - but it was a little cold! All in all a good stay. Very nice people, a few glitches to iron out. I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I asked for a quieter room since I had the baby. They put me in a room facing Victoria Street where...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
LG thanks for all your input on your recent stay here at the Doubletree! I will certainly pass your comments on to Erin and Adam as well as the kitchen on the Oatmeal consistency! I am glad your stay was a good one. Will also mention to my Associates at Front office to be aware of construction and noise..I am glad that project is done!

Hope to see you soon and Be Well
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Excellent hotel staff, service, amenities and location! I received a warm, friendly greeting at check-in, and their staff helped out with several last-minute requests and questions that I had. They offer lots on parking underground as well. I would highly recommend this hotel and will likely be back.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dave h, thanks for your kind words on Tripadvosor and we look forward to accomodating you agian in the near future!!

Be Well!
Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I can not say enough about this hotel, all the staff are above par and are ready to help you in any situation. The rooms are away clean and fresh every night upon my return from work. I always make a point to have breakfast in morning, the buffet is a great start to my day and the staff very friendly, and efficient. There is not a pool in the facility, but their workout area is above par and always clean. The hotel is right down town and close to pubs and restaurants. The bar and lounge at the Double tree is a great place to relax as well, again great staff and the food is above average. The only criticism I have is the parking is not included in the rate. I will stay here again and being a Hilton member it is were to stay in Regina.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
ken j! Thanks for all the nice comments about your stay here in Regina, I spent the last 15 years at Hiltons in Florida so I am very happy to hear your Northern venture was so comfortable! I will take your comment about adding Parking to the rate in mind....make sense especially if your on a business trip!

Be well
Port Alberni, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I were looking for a hotel in Regina that would be close to all amenties and comfortable. The Double tree exceeded our expecations with late night dining, a comfortable clean quiet room and very welcoming staff. We really felt at home and didn't want to leave at the end of the week. Such a great stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Shannon C thanks for your kind comments on Tripadvosor and hope to see you back here real soon for another weekend escape!
Be Well
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My Mom and I stayed one night at this hotel. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is very nice, however it's not for the handicapped. I got a handicapped room but the shower was not handicapped. No handle to get in and out of the shower. So my mother was not able to take a shower because the tub came up too high for her to lift her leg without being able to hold on to the bar. When we checked out I asked if we were in fact in a handicapped room she stated yes. I explained what the issue was so she could tell management. However she didn't seem to care what I had to say. Didn't write it down. All she said was thanks for the feedback. If you are going to have a handicapped room at least make sure the shower is actually for a handicapped person.

1 Thank Goobs4UNC
Goobs4UNC, thanks for taking the time to write your comments on your recent stay here at the Doubletree in Regina. My apologies that the room you received was not the most convenient for your Mothers needs. I will certainly re-train my Associates to match the proper handicap room with the need of the guest. My father was in a wheelchair for over 30 years and growing up travelling on vacation we were very aware of his needs...eg Pedestal bottom beds will not work! Our Hotel does have two roll in showers versus the grab bar tubs and i believe that would have served your needs better. Please reach out directly to me if your future travels bring you to Regina again and i would be very happy to insure the room is perfect for you and your Mother

Best regards and Be Well
Mike
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

It was nice to stay in a downtown hotel which had ample parking available. The restaurant had excellent service and a comprehensive menu. Comfortable room, great new beds, excellent business facilities. Who could refuse the warm cookie upon arrival. I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Danny G, thanks so much for your kind comments and see you back here soon!

Be well