Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Regina East Gate
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This brand-new hotel has a lot of wow factor. Beautifully appointed rooms, well-equipped workout facilities and a fantastic breakfast. The location is perfect for folks driving through town as it is just off of the number one highway. Well done, all around!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 August 2014

The entrance and eating area is bright and nicely decorated with lots of windows. The carpets in the rooms have a decent underlay, so are pretty soft to walk on, which is a change from most hotels.
The bed was comfortable, but it would have been nice to have a fridge in the room. We had to put our food on a bed of ice in the sink.
The staff was very nice, and the manager was in the lobby to greet guests in the morning, which was unusual but a nice touch.
The breakfast was nice, with both hot and cold items, but it would have been nice to have a protein other than eggs, which I am allergic to. The woman staffing the breakfast area was very friendly and helpful and it was nice to have 24-hour coffee and tea available in the lobby area.
The pool was a little too small to do effective laps, but once the other guests left, we swam diagonals, which helped some. The pool was a nice, comfortable temperature.

1  Thank T N
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I just read the most current review of this hotel, and we had the same experience...no refrigerator. The hotel website stated that rooms had fridges, as did the confirmation we received when we made our reservation. We checked in, unpacked and then realized there was no fridge. I called down and the desk clerk said yes, not all rooms have fridges. As we were exhausted after a long day of driving and had already unpacked and were settled, we did not request another room. We have always had a refrigerator when staying at Hampton's in the past. However I assure you we will think twice about staying at a Hampton Inn again due to this inaccuracy and will definitely confirm the room amenities when checking into any hotel. Lesson learned!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CruisinCherie
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Finally a hotel with a beatiful handicapped room, It had 2 queen beds (huge spacious room to move a wheelchair around) and the biggest cleanest bathroom ever! There is a wheel in shower with fold down bench and hand held sprayer plus more grab bars than a handicapped person has a right too. I just loved the room but not as much as my mother (in a wheelchair) who for the last week of our travel to banff couldn't even get a bad wheel chair accessible room. We were beginning to think these rooms didn't exist in western Canada. God bless the Hilton hotel chain for remembering those less fortunate. Lastly, the price for this hotel was a steal considering the fantastic free breakfast. Will go out of our way to stay here again.

Room Tip: Best handicapp rooms on the planet
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Like other reviewers I was very happy with this hotel. I stayed here because I recently spent a week in Winnipeg at The Hampton Inn there and was very impressed. The pool and hot tub in the Winnipeg location are both of the salt-water variety, the location in Regina does not advertise this so I assumed, correctly that they are not. The chorine level in the Regina hot tub was pretty obnoxious, it wouldn't be suitable for people with any type of respiratory problems, unfortunately. It was very warm, which I appreciated. The chlorine level in the pool was fairly low, as was the temperature, which I appreciated but some may not.
All of the staff were first rate. They were all very friendly and approachable. The breakfast was for the most part excellent, the fresh cut fruit salad was a highlight. The room was extremely clean and relatively quiet. I was there last weekend when the hotel was full and I was not disturbed once during the night. My room was large, well appointed and comfortable. The bathroom was way above average, very chic feeling. Very good shower head, very nice free toiletries, very thick towels. The highlight of the room has got to be the bed, which was unbelievably comfortable. Fairly firm but with a very thick pillow-top. I slept like a log! The duvet cover, pillow cases and sheets are all washed before the next guest arrives, which is a rare and very much appreciated touch. I for one sleep better when I know the bedding is all nice and clean.
One thing that is keeping this review from being excellent/5 stars was the lack of the advertised fridge and microwave in my room. When I complained to the manager about this he said that the Hampton Inn website for the Regina location was being changed to delete this amenity, which was prominently advertised under the "Rooms and Suites" section. I just checked the website and the King Room is still being advertised to have a fridge and microwave. If this amenity is important to you I advise you to call and request a room with a fridge and microwave, as it is not a standard feature of this location.
Also, the air conditioning unit in my room was quite noisy. As it was cool outside I just turned it off.
Overall I am very happy with this hotel. The price, free breakfast and the bed were the highlights.
Lack of advertised fridge and microwave and the noisy a/c unit were the only lowlights.

Room Tip: I was on the top (4th) floor, quite far from the elevators. My room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel is new so it was nice and clean everywhere. Breakfast is adequate but some of the bread items were very stale (biscuits); boiled eggs seem to be taken out of the freezer so they are too cold to eat. The hotel is located near to shopping centre, box stores and restaurants. Ask for a room facing front. We overlooked a back lane with farm equipment and the heating/cooling unit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
General Manager... L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Regina East Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It is encouraging to hear you had good overall experience. Your comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are appreciated as they foster change for the better. We look forward having you back so we can better show you our improved Hospitality and breakfast quality.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel just this past weekend. We booked online and found that easy and simple.

When we arrived at the hotel, the staff member at the front desk did not greet us with a "Hello" or "Good Evening" but instead with a "Did you need something?" We said we were there to check in so she asked for our name and ID, she quietly typed for a few minutes, scanned our room keys, explained how to access WiFi and told us our room number. She then looked beyond us, and asked if she could help the next person in line. She did not explain to us where the elevators were, what time check out was, she did not run through our room costs or confirm what room we had reserved or at what price, and did not tell us to enjoy our stay. A little confused we picked up our luggage and found the elevators.

We stayed in the King room which was nice, loved the space and the large desk and kitchenette area. We found the room to be clean and comfortable. We decided to go down to the pool which was a very small and uninviting area, there were several kids and families there, the towel area had wet old towels laying about, and the hot tub was extremely foamy, the foam had a layer of grimy dirt on top which was very unappealing, we only stayed in the pool area for 3 minutes before becoming too irritated by the chaos and uncleanliness.

In the night we were constantly woken up by stomping feet, slamming of doors, we figured that someone was messing around in the room above us, but we were on the top floor (the 4th) so the rooms must not be very soundproofed. Around 3am the fire alarm went off for several minutes, once we dressed to evacuate the alarm shut off. In the morning there was no mention of why the fire alarm went off, and no apology for the disturbance. The front desk printed our receipt and handed it to us, they did not thank us for staying and did not ask us to come back. We won't.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steven D

Dear Steven,

We appreciate your honest feedback about the series of service missteps you encountered and sincerely apologize for any discomfort you had. It's always our goal to ensure guest rooms, public areas, recreational facilities and Customer Service meet our highest standards. We are working with our team to address this and your other concerns. We truly hope we'll have another opportunity to serve you in the future.