“GREAT, but...”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Riversdale
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

I love this place! A hidden little gem in Saskatoon, but you have to know what you're getting into. It's not fine dining at all but rather an 'old school' little cafe with super neat decor and simple but delicious food. They have breakfast food, burgers, fish n chips, sandwiches and such. I have tried a few dishes but all in all my absolute favorite was the halibut fish n chips special they had! If they have it it's a must have! YUM!

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We are becoming regulars everytime we visit Saskatoon. Great all day breakfast, my spouse's fave is the pan fried pickerel, I'm a sucker for the cold smoked salmon benny. They smoke all their own meats, and even make their own ice cream!! Prices are well worth it!! Plus it looks like an old diner, so cute!

1  Thank Jlh666
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Don't come here looking for health food. This is a delicious greasy burger and fries place.
They have beef bacon, which is unique in saskatoon and awesome.
I love the fries and cheese lovers HAVE to try the deep fried grill cheese.
Not a fan of the area but I go there for the staff and food :)

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Went here based on the reviews for breakfast. Ordered eggs benny and bacon and eggs with a side of sausage. The service was terrific but the food was cold and for $35 we really should have gotten a lot more food on our plates. When I go to a restaurant I want to leave feeling full and even having some left on my plate, here everything was gone including the orange wedge. If you are looking for a big meal for breakfast, this is not the place to go. Love the interior though, 50's style. Too bad because I thought that this would have been a gem for us to go to all the time.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This place is run by people who care about the quality of the ingredients and the preparation.
Everything is prepped in house. Cod Loin Burger is a hit. Burgers are old school and well done. Eggs Benedict is a house specialty with lots of variations. Service is good but it's consistently busy. Daily specials and soups are homemade and invariably tasty.