“I can't pronounce "dolmates"”

Mano's Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Mano's Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 671 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Greek, Steakhouse, Canadian, Bar
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: You really can have it all-a classy restaurant with a young, hip, urban vibe that says, "Wow!" And still remains comfortable for loyal clientele- and Manos Restaurant's renovation has proven it, earning Stantec Architecture & Interior Design the Design Council of Saskatchewan's 2009 Premier's Design Award of Excellence (Interior Design Category). Manos Restaurant has come a long way from the "pizza and other things" restaurant started on a shoestring almost 30 years ago, in September 1981, by Greek immigrants. Through keen observation, a willingness to change, meet and exceed demand and a lot of drive, the Barlas brothers-Manolis, Louis and Bill- have made Manos a popular Saskatoon dining destination.
Rossland, Canada
“I can't pronounce "dolmates"”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I can't pronounce "dolmates", but I certainly have no problem eating them. This combined with a ceasar salad, was my lunch at Mano's. I can't complain about the service or the food. The only glitch was a mix up with the dessert, but the waitress did everything right in attempting to fix the problem. The price was more than I expected for a lunch for 4 (with tip it was around $100) but other than that, nice place.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Flowerpower4

Saskatoon, Canada
“Poor quality”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Food at Manos used to be fantastic. It seems they have chosen to skimp on value and instead of fresh entries are serving frozen/microwaved. One of our friends ordered a rib dish and it looked and tasted like a premade, sauce saturated, vacu-pac serving. I ordered a salmon salad and I am sure that the fish was tilapia. They used to make a wonderful greek salad but now it predominately red and green peppers and onions. Will not eat here again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jojoie J
Lloydminster, Canada
“Best Restaurant in Saskatoon!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

My friend and I went to Manos on recommendation from a peer. We went on a saturday evening and did not have reservations and were told it was a 20 min wait, which only ended up being 10min. The service from the beginning was excellent, our drink orders were taken right away, and our waitress was very attentive. We ended up ordering the chicken lemon rice soup and a couple appetizers to share. Highly recommended the soup!! The appetizers were just as good. Not one bad comment about this restaurant, I will definitely go there again next time im in the city!

Visited March 2014
Saskatoon, Canada
“Used to be the go to place. Not so much after the renos.”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My wife and I used to go to Mano's any time we had a chance and some extra money. Back before they did renovations it was quite nice and very affordable. We started to notice that every time we went we were getting the same waitress. That should be a good thing because we thought that maybe she would get to know us a little and be pleasant when seeing someone that she's used to. The complete opposite happened. She was quite rude to us every time we went. We asked to be seated in different areas of the restaurant each time and to our surprise, she was always assigned to the areas we were seated in. After the renovations they did that waitress was either gone or we started to go there on her days off because we didn't see her again which suited us just fine. The problem then became that the prices had gone through the roof and the food stayed the same. In some cases the food was worse. There was also the smell of paint in the restaurant for a long time after the renos which made us stop going for a while. The next time we went, everything was sub par considering the prices they're asking people to pay and we haven't been back since. That was April 2012.

My title says it all. Used to be great. Not so much anymore.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jason A
Edmonton, Canada
“Very good place to eat. Best lemon rice soup in town.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Love eating here when in Saskatoon. The soup is so good but have always been happy with meals and service.

• Visited October 2013