Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon
US$135
US$130
US$100
US$96
Motel 6 Saskatoon(Saskatoon)(Great Value!)
US$77
Travelocity
US$90
US$88
US$116
Travelocity
US$104
US$100
All reviewsin house restaurantcircle driveroom was largehot tubfront desk staff were friendlyrooms were very cleanlight sleepercoffee makernice poolbed was comfortablebusiness tripeasy accessfridge and microwaveair conditionerfree breakfastdowntownwalmart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I'm still staying here but feel compelled to write a quick review. The location of this hotel is too far away from any businesses of consequence in Saskatoon. Taxis routinely take over 30 minutes to arrive here. Housekeeping is good but the entire hotel smells like some kind of petroleum biproduct which is quite gross. The hotel seems generally understaffed. I had to call down to the front desk twice to have room service trays removed from outside my room that had remained there for over 30 hours. The hotel has only basic cable available on tv and no pay-per-view capabilities. The worst part is that it sells itself as a business hotel but both the wireless internet and the wired connections are comparable to dial-up speeds in the 90s. Completely unusable which forced me to use my cellular internet stick for 5 days and incur roaming charges. Totally not impressed!!

Room service is a complete joke. It's like the people running the kitchen and room service have never even ordered room service in a hotel before and don't really know what it involved. The food quality is horrible, ridiculously overpriced (4-star prices) and what makes this worse is that the only restaurants that aren't a 15 minute taxi ride away from the the hotel are Dairy Queen and Tony Roma's. Not good if you here for longer than a day. The only redeeming factor is Nicole the server in the restaurant who tries her best and is very nice to deal with and not bad to look at either.

There's nothing around the hotel either so you're stuck in your room for your entire stay unless, again, you want to take 15 minute taxis costing $20-25 each way to an area that actually has something interesting to do. The only redeeming factor is the off-sales beer/wine store off of the "lounge". The lounge sucks but at least you can buy cheap booze from the off-sales and entertain yourself by drinking heavily.

Save yourself the aggrevation and stay at the Best Western or one of the hotels downtown like the Parktown (which is really that much better) but at least you can go outside the hotel and find food alternatives and some entertainment options which you can't do here.

Until the area surrounding the hotel (it's a couple of box store strip malls without the entertainment options that normally go with them) builds up a bit more, there's no reason to stay at the hotel and $130/night room rate would be better spent staying close to the city centre or another more established area.

The Four Point Sheraton Saskatoon is an all-around disappointment that isn't worth the money which is too bad because I'm normally impressed with the value the Four Point family provides.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
8  Thank Milrock
4points_clydeboucher, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2011

Dear Milrock:

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guest. I was dissappointed to see the various concerns you had with respect to your experience at our new hotel. I am pleased to say that as a new property that we have and are ironing out any deficiencies attendant to our newness, and will most certainly grow from the concerns and comments of experience travellers like yourself.

Reviewed 28 March 2011

Nice, new hotel, very clean, good sized rooms, comfortable beds, staff was friendly. Check-in and out was very quick and easy. On the negative side, quite a big hotel for only 2 elevators, took a long time even though it is only 4 floors high. Restaurant is adaquete at best and way overpriced. Not a lot of of food options within walking distance unless you want Fast Food. Tim Hortons across the street though for a better, cheaper breakfast.

Despite the two negatives, I would stay there again-no question. I'd probably want a car though.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank alhan10
4points_clydeboucher, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2011

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. Saskatoon is a vibrant and growing city and expansion will always be a part of its growth. Our location in the new suburb of Stonebridge in the Southeast corner of the city means that we are nearer to facilities that are some distance from the downtown area. Many of our guests stay with us for that very reason. As a new property, we will continue to strive to better our in-hotel service, and therefore strengthen our relationship with travellers like yourself.

Reviewed 29 January 2011

I travel 50 nights a year on business and pleasure. My stay here was great. Was -30C and they had lots of plug-in stalls, free internet, room was huge, new, clean. Service great. A nice addition to the city of Saskatoon!

Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank FamilyTravellers2008

Your kind words were welcomed. Our staff will be pleased to learn of your experience with us. We will continue to be vigilent.

Reviewed 2 January 2011

We went with another couple for 2 nights and when they checked in an hour before us, they were told there was a kids hockey team on the second floor so they moved them to the fourth. Unfortunately we were stuck on the 2nd floor and got very little sleep. We did phone the front desk but they really didn't care. The bed was great, nice fluffy duvet and pillows. The bathroom was great. When they say free bottled water, there is 1 bottle per day left in the room. Went down for breakfast the first morning and never again. The prices are crazy and the food isn't great. For just eggs and toast with a meat it was over $30. for the 2 of us.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rodally
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Have not been to Saskatoon in a few years for business actually and knew that a new Four Points opened up. I used to always stay at the Sheraton downtown and the price points in Stoon have increased dramatically over the last couple of years.

So thought I would try this place out. Checked their website then called the hotel directly and actually recieved a much better rate. The hotel is new so everything is clean and in tidy condition. Upon arrival I was not greeted with any type of recognition as an SPG Gold - I was not asked about an upgrade or anything. That is my first test and they failed completely. The room was very roomy with a flat screen on the wall.......bathroom was very bright with a nice walk in shower ( no bathtub ) - I did like it. Something about the bathroom where it would echo very loud in there..........not sure why but just a hollow feeling in there :)

As for the closet as one other reviewer mentioned about the hangers clanging etc., I sure had to laugh as that was the first thing I noticed. It's set up [---] Backwards and truly makes a racket when trying to receive some clothes.......poor guy that has to dig for his shirts and stuff at 05:00 a.m...

I was hoping to truly move my business to this location as I will be travelling to Stoon now once again. I just did not feel like a loyalty customer to the SPG brand. They should really look at that in regards to customer service as I'm sure they can take some customers away from the downtown Sheraton especially at the price point and company policies tightening up on travel expenses.

A pub is opening up at the end of the hotel where they sell offsale.........I sure hope it does not turn into a young kid hangout and start having shaky clientale ?? I did check out the restaurant and had a small bite to eat with a few drinks. The two waitresses were friendly but definately were not high end servers if it came to any type of nicer facility. They were not bad at all but just hard to explain.

All in all a nice new place with spacious rooms that are clean. They just need to make sure that they understand customer service and their loyalty program. If they get that in gear they will do very well - if they don't the hotel will go down hill in a hurry.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business