“Consistently good”

Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Lloydminster
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have stayed here on business ever since it opened as our board has an account. Rooms are nicely appointed and the amenities are of a good quality. the saff is very freindly although English skills at the reception are sometimes minimal. Very good service at the restaurant and the complimentary appetizers are very good. The small bar is a nice place to spend a bit of time. As i am in town fairly often, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Hi pa_uthe, thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you have enjoyed multiple stays with us and found the rooms nicely appointed and the complimentary appetizers tasty. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Saskatoon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Shower: mildew and algae and tiles abut to fall out at bottom of stall, & wouldn't turn off (constant steady stream). Repaired quickly and then...no hot water. Had to change rooms. At midnight hotel staff tries to enter room and announces 'our system says the room is empty'. Light Bulbs burned out (both rooms we had) ; no night table on outside of queen beds, only 1 table between the two, so one of you has to be prepared to put your glasses and wallet on the floor if you're a couple. No bathrobes, you have to have a suite for those we were told, so be prepared to got to the pool in your clothing; CFL bulbs are all daylight white, a bit glaring and certainly not the norm. When asked for a discount for all our troubles, we were told "there's nothing we can do".

The A/C heat is noisy, but so are many hotels. Road noise is pronounced and bothersome. A/C wall controls are lit with brighter LEDs, and are positioned to shine into your face in bed allowing sleep only on one side if these kinds of things bother you.

The only bright note? Staff was courteous and helpful, including the restaurant. Management needs a quick course in how to run a hotel successfully.

Room Tip: Stay here ONLY as a very last resort.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Hi jcam111, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the room change and the staff entering your new room by mistake. Your feedback is important to us and has been shared with our team. If you would like to discuss in more detail, please contact our general manager Shaun Ng at ccshng@gmail.com.

Travellers are raving about these Saskatoon hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Cannot really say anything bad about this hotel. Only stayed one night but would stay again for sure. Very clean hotel, rooms are spacious and great customer service. I did not check out the amenities, next time. One suggestion, get a 4th floor room, you can hear people walking on the ceiling due to the laminate floors in the entrance part of the room. I asked to change rooms, moved me no problem to the top floor.

• Stayed August 2013
Hi Polytech, thank you for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms comfortable and our staff was able to make you feel at home. We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Points next time you are in Saskatoon!
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I'm often in Saskatoon for business and stay at a variety of hotels. The Four Points by Sheraton is definitely my favourite and my preferred choice whenever possible.

The service is always great - check in and check out is very speedy and staff are friendly.

Rooms are spacious, quiet, and clean with modern decor. Free Wifi is available in rooms.

Little touches like free coffee and tea in the lobby and free water bottles in the rooms help to make for a great experience.

The only downside to the hotel is the location - I often have meetings on the other end of the city so it would be more convenient to stay somewhere in closer proximity to the north end. However, there are lots of businesses and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Canadian Rockies, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed here for a night as we were traveling through Saskatoon. The hotel looks new, it's modern, the furnishings are nice. It's clean, and centrally located. I think now that all of that is in place, the management needs to place some additional focus on customer service.

I am allergic to feathers so I called down to ask what the pillows were made of, the front desk agent couldn't hear me - she told me to call back. The portable phones are poor quality, so it was hard to communicate. We were finally told each bed would have 2 feather & 2 synthetic. We had to pull each pillow out of two covers to find out what it was made of, and we had 6 feather and two synthetic. When I called down for more pillows, no one showed up. Later one when we requested again someone did come and after discovering feather blankets as well, the alternatives provided were like sandpaper ( ok, this sounds whiny, but not a word of an exaggeration, they were horrid). It seems minor, but when feathers make you really sick, it's not. There should be some proper blankets on hand for those with allergies.

RIght before I went to bed I went to drink the complimentary bottle of water - except it had been opened already ( yikes).

When we checked in I requested that our credit card not be charged ( we want to pay debit), I got a receipt this morning indicating a charge. I asked for it to be reversed, but was told I would have to wait for a manager.

Finally, there is 'free' Internet, but it is SO slow, I'm unable to get the work done that I need to do. Of course, I can upgrade to high speed for a fee.

So all in all lots of little customer service mistakes mean that I won't likely stay again. When i pay $145 a night for a room I'm not expecting luxury, but I do expect good customer service.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize that we were not able to provide you with more comfortable feather alternatives for your allergies. Your feedback is important to us and has been shared with our team. We do hope you consider staying with us again, we will do everything possible to meet you needs.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Spent 3 nights at this Hotel to attend a Wedding close by. The Hotel is located just off Circle Drive making it easy to access the city in any direction. The Hotel is located next to a shopping area with lots of quick food and restaurant options. This came in very handy! There is also a golf course close by but I'm not sure if it's a Members Only Club or Pubic Course.
This looked like a new property with lots of development taking place around it. The hotel is only 4 stories tall with Preferred (Gold and Platinum) Guests on the 4th floor. To our surprise - there was a fridge and microwave along with the coffee station in our room - great addition Starwood!! The decor is clean and contemporary. There is a pool and workout centre but we did not access either during our stay. There is also a restaurant in the lobby but the decor there was lacking making us walk right by, never eat a meal there during our stay.
Would stay at this Hotel again but the Sheraton Cavalier downtown by the river is still my preferred location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Thank you for staying with Four Points Saskatoon! Our team is happy to hear that you were able to enjoy many of the amenities that our hotel offers. The nearby golf course is called The Willows Golf & Country Club and is open to the public. If your travels bring you to Saskatoon in the future, we would love to have you back again. Take care!