“Decent Starwood property”

Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Edmonton, Canada
“Decent Starwood property”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Four Points is lower end than either Westin or Sheraton so my expeditions were adjusted accordingly. The location was perfect for me, but possibly out of the way for others being in the new southern area of Stonebridge on the south side of the Yellowhead. It is pretty typical of other a Four Points I've stayed with. The beds are no a Heavenly Beds of the other chain family members...not nearly as nice. The bathroom is basic with large common use pots of soap, shampoo etc which I really dislike. No tub in my room and the overall bathroom, while clean, seemed to be deteriorating quickly for such a new place (4 years I'm told).

Staff was good.

Resto is very average despite the breathless none sense on the menu....implying top chefs working with the best ingredients...blah blah and more blah. It's a greasy spoon but the food was, with that measure, decent for breakfast. I would never order any other meal there.

The price is ridiculous though...$200 a night for this room is too much. I'm not sure if this equates to other properties in the city...stayed a few times at the sister property in the downtown, Sheraton Cavalier, and I recall similar prices. Given the location and level of the hotel I think it is overcharging. Saskatoon, in my experience, really has no really nice hotels. No Westins, for example. The Bessborough suffers from the problem of having been designed 100 years ago and will only appeal to a limited crowd.

Despite the price, I think this is good accommodation if the location suits you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We value the opinions of all of our guests and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast during your stay. We hope you choose to stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Saskatoon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here for the second time. Good value and rate. Worked well for us for a one night stay. Room is spacious and well designed with closets and spaces to keep things tidy. Modern bathroom with tile/glass shower. Room was much cleaner than our last stay. Great, serviceable, hotel. Not luxury, but worked well for our family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you very much for your time in leaving a review. We love to hear from our guests and are happy to know that you enjoyed your recent stay. We hope to welcome you and your family back again in the near future!
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel was all-around comfortable. The room was pleasant, the staff were friendly and accommodating (especially of odd-hours housekeeping requests), and the location was perfect for business at Prarieland Park. In fact, it was almost forgettably comfortable. It's easy to go looking for reasons to avoid returning to a hotel, but I couldn't find any, and that's a very good thing.

I was there during some scheduled upgrading of the wireless internet, which made things dodgy for a bit, but once they were done it was fast and smooth again.

One odd hiccup of architecture meant that, though we were on the top floor, we could easily hear general splashing and hollering from the pool 4 floors beneath us. Not a problem if you are keeping conventional hours, but somewhat hard to sleep through the morning excitement of swimming and splashing children when business is keeping you up until 3am. Next time I'll ask for a room at the other end of the property.

A nice touch is the complimentary bottles of water every day; they are a refreshing change from the passive aggressive "we'll leave it in the room, but hit you with a fat charge if you use it" approach of lesser establishments. I'm in a hotel room to relax, not to worry about what's safe to touch :).

As an aside, I have favourable memories of the Ramada Hotel & Gold Dome up on Idylwyld, but the Four Points has better parking (it's level - not to be neglected in a prairie winter) and location for my needs.

Room Tip: Avoid being over the pool if you're keeping irregular hours.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FelixFKC
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Saskatoon!
North Battleford, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is a nice new hotel, and nothing really wrong with it, if it was priced like a nice Super 8. This hotel is insanely over priced though, it costs more than the Holiday Inn Saskatoon but is not as nice. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable but the rooms are minimalist. Everything in the room has the look of higher end stuff, but it's all superficial. The shower floor creaks and you can feel it flex when you step on it, and I'm a fairly skinny guy. The walls don't keep out much sound and the tvs are small. The people in the room kept me awake because of how poor the sound proofing is. This is a hotel that charges luxury prices but gives you economy in return. This is a nice hotel, just not that nice that they can justify the insane prices.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the top floor and away from elevator, you can hear people walking around the room above...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SpicyDill
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Looking for a quiet night so picked edge of town not downtown. cookie cutter bland . Wooden floor in lobby soaked . Thin walls. Can hear ice landing in buckets 3 doors away .On third floor but cars started and left to run parked under windows are actually making the wall vibrate . Poor construction $166 night overpriced not Sheraton quality

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Horsesgalore
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Saskatoon, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconveniences during your stay. We understand a good night sleep is very important when you are on the road, and if you choose to stay with us again we will ensure every effort is made to place you in a low traffic, quite section of the hotel.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I received this hotel from a Priceline express deal at 112$ per night, plus taxes. The hotel is what you would expect clean and in a suburban location. I would have given them a four star review, but for two things: Firstly, I was placed into a dirty room. Secondly, during my final dinner at the hotel I didn't appreciate the total lack of respect from my waitress. Her customer service skill had taken the evening off.

Hypothetically speaking: If a customer requested that their salad be served onion free, why would you bring steamed vegetables with giant slivers of onions out with the customer's dinner. Furthermore, if the vegetables are served this way why wouldn't you advise the customer to choose a different side with their entree?

With that said, when the customer asks if there is anything else that can take the place of the onion infested side dish, why do you feel that it's okay to be rude and start a stare down?

I would stay at this location again, but I wouldn't eat in the restaurant.

P.s

Dear Restaurant,
Why is it such a hardship to order club soda with a lemon?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Brandy M
We regret to hear of your experience, and can assure you that your feedback has been shared with our team to ensure these issues are addressed immediately. This is certainly not the standard of service we aim to provide to our guests. We appreciate your business and hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. If you would like to discuss further, please contact our General Manager Shaun Ng at ccshng@gmail.com or our Food and Beverage Director Karen Bahnman at fourpointsdining@gmail.com.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We have stayed in the Four Points Sheraton a few times over the past two years, and have been totally satisfied with each stay.

The rooms are fully updated and modern, exceptionally clean and bright. The beds are clean and soft. Everything is very new and very trendy.

The only complaint I had on our last visit is that breakfast had been promised as complimentary over the phone, and it wasn't honoured on-site. This was the only problem that we encountered.

Overall, very pleased with this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family