“GOOD OVERALL TRAVELER'S HOTEL”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Edmonton, Canada
“GOOD OVERALL TRAVELER'S HOTEL”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the way back from a convention. It is clean, comfortable, the staff are very friendly and it is well located if you are traveling on the Yellowhead Highway. The breakfast was good and the food selection was reasonable. It is right next to a rail crossing, but I do not think it is used often as we had zero noise issues. It is not in the best area of Saskatoon, but I noticed security patrolling the parking lot and hotel at night, so security does not appear to be an issue. The biggest problem was parking, which is very close to full. This hotel continues to be my first choice in Saskatoon for business travel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We booked this hotel for a wedding in Saskatoon we arrived Friday August 2 and checked out Sunday August 4. Right from the start we knew things weren't going to go well. When we arrived we handed the lady at the front desk our printed out confirmation even with that in hand it took her 30 minutes to locate our reservation. Then on Saturday after going out for a quick bite to eat we returned to our room to get ready for the wedding-thinking we could take our time and not have to rush WRONG.... We had no choice to rush and get ready and then pack up our stuff - why because our room was infested with ants. They were crawling up the bathroom walls and in the living area.. So after all was said and done we go check out. We decided to pay by interact rather than leave it on the credit card they had on file. Today we check our on line banking to see that there is a charge on our card from this hotel. I call the bank they confirm that yes there is a charge there from the holiday inn they confirm the amount (which was more then our room charge). So I call the hotel and get some customer service person that had no clue what he was doing so he takes my phone number and calls me back 2 hours later and advises me that he did me a favour and released/reversed the charges. YES A Favour! He refunded money that his hotel had no right too.. His attitude get worse when I questioned what the charge was and how they came up with that amount. When I caught him in a lie he reminded me that he did me a favour I advised him that he did no such thing that this charge should never have been applied and all he was doing was refunding me money his hotel never had a right too. Needless to say we will not be staying at this hotel or any holiday inn again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rose S
Ryan P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Hello Rose S
I again apologise for the troubles that you had during your stay. As per our phone conversation I hope that I was able to alleviate the issues, and I hope that we will see you again soon. I wish you a great time on your upcoming holidays!
Kind Regards
saskatoon
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have booked travelers into this Hotel and it has many admirers.
Hotel is well run and always full which says plenty

Good location and always seems to be full.which is a statement in itself
Saskatoon has 3 new hotels being built hopefully the prices will become affordable.
Norm Wallace

Room Tip: I never heard a negative comment on this facility
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear normanwallace,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that our accommodations and amenities were to your liking and contributed to making your stay that much more comfortable. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Puerto Morelos, Mexico
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We just returned from a short visit to Saskatoon. We really enjoyed our stay even though there was road construction right in front which made it hard to get to and from the hotel. The staff was friendly, the king suite was very comfortable, the breakfast was good, and the location was close to downtown. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Ryan P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Hello Live4Mexico I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I also appreciate your patience in regards to the construction, seems summer in Saskatoon is always full of road repairs!
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2013

It would be nice to say this place was a good choice but I can't, I paid for my family to come out for my wedding and decided to put my uncle and aunt up here for 3 nights. I didn't mind that it was very expensive, what I do mind is the fact that my aunt and uncle wanted to spend one night at my grandmothers house and wanted to put their daughter in their hotel room for the last night so we wouldn't waste money. We were denied this because the room wasn't in their daughters name, even though she has ID and was there at the time of check in. So no thanks for Holiday Inn Express, they made finding room for my family very hard at the time of my wedding. Poor service and costly right to the end.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cale E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Cale E,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We apologize for letting you down on some aspects of your stay .We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving our hotel.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I had a very good experience at the Holiday Inn Express in Saskatoon.
The location is just adjacent to the main downtown core. Easy access, good parking.
It was a short walk to downtown, and a easy walk to the river park system.
I was there on Canada Day, and enjoyed the walk through downtown to the River park to catch the end of the Jazz festival and the fireworks. It was about a 20 min walk to some beautiful parts of Saskatoon.

The room was clean, quiet, with all the amenities expected. Good workstation.

I had a problem with my TV (they were transitioning to high definition programming) but when I contacted the front office, they dealt with the issue immediately and professionally. I was part of a convention in town and colleagues were in a number of rooms. I only heard positive comments about the hotel.

The breakfast that is provided is excellent. A full breakfast is provided with all sorts of options and a very spacious dining area. Next door is a pretty good restaurant in a unique rail-station setting.

The only thing I found missing was a cash machine. Nearest one is in the restaurant down the street and its not available 24hrs.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Wingham, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Friendly service from a young lady wearing a trainee badge. She helped solve a problem with my priority card and then gave me a pack of candy for my trouble. Room was fine though I could smell stale smoke odour. Mattress was good but the box spring jiggled so that every time my wife moved,I was shaken awake. Good location, our room was opposite side to train tracks so never heard a sound.

• Stayed July 2013