“Great hotel in Saskatoon”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Calgary, Canada
“Great hotel in Saskatoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

The staff were very friendly, the breakfasts were great - well stocked and replenished often. There were lots of families with kids excited to use the pool faclities. The hotel was in a central location, and we were able to easily walk downtown to the Saskatoon Farmer's Market (also great) and the Saskatoon Station Restaurant.

Great time!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Ryan P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you very much for the positive feedback. I am always happy to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. We take great pride in our facilities, and will continue to keep them in top shape for guests who are excited to use them.
It’s wonderful you were able to take advantage of some of the local attractions – we love them too.
Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Swift Current, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have to say that this hotel experience was one of the worst I have ever had, and it was due to one employee that threatened to kick my wife and three kids out for getting in the bathtub at 8:30 at night. Tash, from the front desk, called our room 3 times between 7:30pm and 8:30pm to complain about the noise from our kids. I have three young children who were excited about the pool and were getting ready for bed. Quiet time is 10pm, not 8:30. She threatened to kick my wife and children out of the hotel until I confronted her about her lack of professionalism. Tash did not even come to the floor and listen to the noise made by my children, she just phoned and was unprofessional.
I then asked her for a coffee cup full of apple juice to give to my children and she acted like she was doing me a big favor and that it was not something that they do on a regula basis. Tash really needs to learn customer service, the front desk clerk on the Saturday night was fantastic, very accomidating to families. Management should provide some one-on-one mentorship to help Tash learn how to problem solve.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear dadof3pc,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We already stayed in several Holiday Inn Express Hotels, so we did booked for this 2 Nights that Hotel in Saskatoon. Fast Check In there. The Room was in the normal Ibis Design - basic - but clean and fully sufficient for that short Trip. As usually in this Hotels, the Breakfast has also there a pretty good Standard. We also have been two times at the Breakfast and did get there a very friendly Service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Ryan P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Hello FlyMeToParis22, Thank you for the nice review, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy our breakfast!
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

We did not have any reservation but were treated really well just walking in. The front desk staff were very nice and helpful.

We got our room and were very happy with the layout and amenities.

If you need to eat dinner after checking in, walk the 2 blocks to the Saskatoon Station - just great!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you BHartMich for taking the time to leave this review! I feel very fortunate to have such a great staff, and it is nice to know that their personality’s shine through to our guests!
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the way back from a convention. It is clean, comfortable, the staff are very friendly and it is well located if you are traveling on the Yellowhead Highway. The breakfast was good and the food selection was reasonable. It is right next to a rail crossing, but I do not think it is used often as we had zero noise issues. It is not in the best area of Saskatoon, but I noticed security patrolling the parking lot and hotel at night, so security does not appear to be an issue. The biggest problem was parking, which is very close to full. This hotel continues to be my first choice in Saskatoon for business travel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

We booked this hotel for a wedding in Saskatoon we arrived Friday August 2 and checked out Sunday August 4. Right from the start we knew things weren't going to go well. When we arrived we handed the lady at the front desk our printed out confirmation even with that in hand it took her 30 minutes to locate our reservation. Then on Saturday after going out for a quick bite to eat we returned to our room to get ready for the wedding-thinking we could take our time and not have to rush WRONG.... We had no choice to rush and get ready and then pack up our stuff - why because our room was infested with ants. They were crawling up the bathroom walls and in the living area.. So after all was said and done we go check out. We decided to pay by interact rather than leave it on the credit card they had on file. Today we check our on line banking to see that there is a charge on our card from this hotel. I call the bank they confirm that yes there is a charge there from the holiday inn they confirm the amount (which was more then our room charge). So I call the hotel and get some customer service person that had no clue what he was doing so he takes my phone number and calls me back 2 hours later and advises me that he did me a favour and released/reversed the charges. YES A Favour! He refunded money that his hotel had no right too.. His attitude get worse when I questioned what the charge was and how they came up with that amount. When I caught him in a lie he reminded me that he did me a favour I advised him that he did no such thing that this charge should never have been applied and all he was doing was refunding me money his hotel never had a right too. Needless to say we will not be staying at this hotel or any holiday inn again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rose S
Ryan P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Hello Rose S
I again apologise for the troubles that you had during your stay. As per our phone conversation I hope that I was able to alleviate the issues, and I hope that we will see you again soon. I wish you a great time on your upcoming holidays!
Kind Regards
saskatoon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have booked travelers into this Hotel and it has many admirers.
Hotel is well run and always full which says plenty

Good location and always seems to be full.which is a statement in itself
Saskatoon has 3 new hotels being built hopefully the prices will become affordable.
Norm Wallace

Room Tip: I never heard a negative comment on this facility