“Unexpectedly Good”

Quality Inn & Suites Hotel
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Was in Saskatoon for business and stayed here instead of the usual hotel on 8th St. It offers motel-style rooms that you can back up to and unload gear easily into plus hotel rooms that provide additional security. Rooms were clean and had small fridges and microwaves. The restaurant was surprisingly good. The area is a little dubious -Saskatoon's 'Hood' - so don't leave any valuables in your car and I would avoid walking anywhere late at night. There isn't much to walk to anyways except two liquor stores, a McDonalds, service stations and convenience stores. But it's on Idylwyld St. and close to the airport and to Circle Drive so getting anywhere in Saskatoon from here is easy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank pocketsrogers
Yvonne D, Rooms Division Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments. It is certainly our pleasure to recieve feedback from our valued guests.
I am very pleased you found the restaurant and our location satisfactory to your needs. We look forward to your return on your next visit to our city. Thank you again for your review. Safe travels.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed here on Aug 14 - Aug 17, 2013 following a stay at a Best Western in Revelstoke, B.C. (which was fantastic) however this Best Western in Saskatoon was disappointing from the start. We chose this hotel primarily because of the good reputation of Best Westerns and the fact that they permit pets - we were travelling with a small dog. The service at the front desk was unfriendly and unconcerned about customer service. They advertise that they supply dog goodie bags but I was told that they "ran out of them quite some time ago and they haven't been restocked" (no apology on that one and no rebate offered either even though we were still charged the $15 pet fee). We were misinformed twice about a continental breakfast (when booking and when we called down to the front desk) - there is NOT one, you have to pay at Rickie's restaurant next door. We were NOT told that we had to "fill out" a room service request and hang it on our door SO I had to empty my own garbage cans. As a result our beds were never changed nor our towels. We also had to gather up our own toilette paper whenever we saw a cleaning cart in the hallways. The surrounding area is industrial and kind of dumpy. We were approached by street children asking us for money. We definately used the extra locks and chain on our doors at night. The good things were the rooms were recently updated and clean and the location was reasonably central to downtown with easy access to the circle drive freeway, free parking and good guest coin operated laundry. Disappointing overall, I wouldn't choose it again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Yvonne D, Rooms Division Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for writing a review of our property. It appears we fell below in meeting your expectations. I hope you will accept my apologies. Your feedback will certainly help us with improvements for our future guests. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and am currently in the process of a follow-up with the departments concerned. I hope to prevent similar situations as this in the future. Again my sincerest apologies. I hope you would give us a chance to redeem ourselves and provide you with a superior experience. Safe travels

Reviewed 20 July 2013

My family and I just returned from a trip through Saskatchewan and Alberta where we stayed at 6 separate Best Western hotels along the way. This one in Saskatoon was one of the nicest !!! It didn't look like much from the outside but the rooms were clean, comfortable and the staff were very helpful. We enjoyed our stay !!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Yvonne D, Rooms Division Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our property. We work hard ensuring our property and service are superior. It is our pleasure to receive feedback from our valued guests whether it be positive or negative. I will ensure our team are reminder of the outstanding job they are doing. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again on your next travels to our city. Travel safe

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have stayed here twice now, the first time I had some issues with my room, mainly the old AC wasnt working too well, then when it was it took me back to my Military days flying in the Bell Hueys, loud. Other then that rooms are ok. One thing that does surprise me is for a room that costs $400 they pre-authorize $800 on my credit card, at no other BW do they ever take that much. The area is not nice, went for a run and got harrassed for money. Im back in town in two weeks and will be staying at the other Best Western in town, see how that compares. As far as BW's go, this is not up to the standards of the BW brand.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Yvonne D, Rooms Division Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our property. It is disappointing to hear your stay with us was not satisfactory. We are always concerned when we do not meet or exceed our guests expectations. We do take all reviews positive or negative very seriously. Your feedback will certainly help us move towards making improvements and achieving our future guests expectations.
Again thank you for taking the time for your review. I hope that you give us a chance to redeem ourselves and provide you with a superior experience. Safe travels

Reviewed 14 July 2013

very good room,very good staff ,i like the hotel ,my son like the hotel very much,the building is very good ,the food is good ,the service of staff is good ,and our family want to go the hotel next time ,we hope the hotel make better ,we hope breakfast is better than now ,

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Yvonne D, Rooms Disvision Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you for for sharing your comments of your recent stay at our property. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us. We pride ourselves on providing superior customer service. We do hope to see you again on your next visit to our city. Again thank you and safe travels

Rooms Division Manager.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I tried to find a room a long-term stay in Saskatoon at the other higher-rated hotels and I didn't have any luck. I "settled" for the Best Western and was glad that I did. The place has been renovated recently and my executive suite was perfect. If features separate sleeping and living areas with a fridge, micro-wave and everything needed for a long stay. The bed and pillows are as good or better than ones I've had at 5-star hotels. The same goes for towels and bathroom amenities. The staff was friendly and helpful, but I didn't have any issues to test them. The only drawback is there isn't a pool, but the exercise facilities are fine. The location is great and central. There isn't a free breakfast. Ricky's All-Day Grill is connected and I had some great breakfasts and lunches there. I was very pleased with all aspects of my stay and would gladly stay there again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Yvonne D, Rooms Division Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our property. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing our renovations over the past years. They are always ongoing. We do work very hard to ensure our facility and service are superior and it is our pleasure to receive feedback from our valued guests.
Again thank you for taking the tine to review us and we hope to see you again on your next travels to our city. Safe travels.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

If you're looking for a deal in Saskatoon, this would probably be one of the better options, but that doesn't say a lot. The hotel is in a terrible neighbourhood, no where you would want to take a walk in. Be prepared for people asking for change outside the hotel to buy alcohol in the liquor store in the parking lot. The rooms are fairly clean but very standard. This hotel's rough past isn't so well hidden by recent renovations. Our air conditioner didn't work and the in room fridge was very noisy. The staff I dealt with were nice but unhelpful. Hotel isn't worth more than $120 at most.

Room Tip: Don't get a ground level room as random sketchy people walk by all night and bugs get in through...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Davidovich2
Yvonne D, Rooms Division Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. It is disappointing to hear your stay with us was not satisfactory. We do value your feedback and appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. I would like to apologize for not being able to exceed or be at par with your expectations. I hope you would give us a chance to redeem oursleves and provide you with a superior experience.
Again thank you.