“Basic”

Comfort Inn
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
“Basic”
Reviewed 25 April 2007

The Comfort Inn is very basic and not the greatest value for the cost. I was travelling with two teenages for a competition. One look at the two double beds, and I went off to see if we could have a cot, otherwise I would have been purchasing a sleeping bag and floor mat. We had to rearrange the furniture to accomodate the cot. The staff were friendly and helpful at all times. The breakfast was the bread and cereal type; apples/bananas and I believe I saw cold hardboiled eggs. The area was small and you took it back to the room with you. I did like the convenience of being on the ground floor with patio doors to haul the sporting equipment in and out of the room. It was fine for a couple of days; but will not be my first choice on the next visit.

• Stayed April 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
CN352Management, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2009
Thank you for your review. Since your review we had a change in Mgmt & Staff.
From: Saskatoon Comfort Inn Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
saskatchewan
Reviewed 17 December 2006

Just an overnight stay, in town to do some Christmas shopping, the place was kind of dinghy, my wife turned down the bed covers and found that the sheets were crumpled and stained. looked like unchanged from previous occupant. had to go to front desk, as phone did not work. the lady at the desk was apologetic and came to the room with clean sheets and pillow cases, apparantly, she was the only staff for the entire hotel.
Naturally we looked a little closer at the condition of the rest of the room, ( we are senior citizens and our eyesight is not what it used to be ) the carpets had not been vacuumed, there was a dried in drink spill on the night table, the bathroom sink was superficially clean, but the sunken rim around the edge of the sink was filthy, one of the wash cloths should have been disposed off. and the bottom of the shower curtain was mildewed, all in all the room was generally dirty. when we spoke to the desk lady. she said that she could not give us a refund as we had booked through Hotels.ca

• Disliked — dirty condition
  • Tips/Secrets — ask to see room first, and check for cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 22 January 2006

I was rather inpressed with my stay at the Comfort Inn, Saskatoon. When I travel I always stay in the Comfort Inn By Journey's End hotels and everyone has been the same!! They are not bad but if you can afford better stay at a better place. Also they are not good for families as they have nothing at all to do, unless you are out of the room touring then they work just fine. They were all built in the 1980's as a cheap budget option.

The rooms are always basic, clean and the beds are always comfy. The one thing is the 19' TV but really who cares, as long as you can see the show thats the main part. And another thing is the walkouts of these hotels on the main floor are very handy. You can load your car from the outside but if you want to go to the lobby you can go through other door, it works very nice!!

Overall I would give these hotels a 4-5, I will contineau to stay in these whenever I travel!!

Stayed July 2005
1 Thank TravelEast13
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 June 2005

Well I would not stay here again if I had the choice but it was ok.

There is nothing speciel about any Comfort Inn By Journey's End they are all basic and have little to no amenities. This one was the same, a basic breakfast costing $2.99, dingy everywere, nice staff, clean but old room, you know that kind of stuff. The problems with these Comfort Inns is also that they all have the smell of stale smoke.

I would only stay here again if I was passing through of touring and was not at my hotel alot. I would stay at the Super 8 if I was considering budget options, or the Days Inn which has a waterslide. If I was to stay at an expensive hotel I would choose the Travelodge or the Sharaton.

The Comfort Inn Saskatoon is also very hard to find!!

• Stayed January 2003
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 April 2005

This Hotel Is Not The Worst But I've Had Better.

The Room Was Clean But Dingy And Very Smoky. It Was A Smoking Room But The Only Reason We Were In There Was Because Of Our Pet. The Bathroom Was Nice.

I Must Say It Is Very Hard To Find Because It Is Off Of The Main Drag. Saskatoon Is A Great City But The Streets Are Curvy And Have Crapy Signs.

The Breakfast Cost $3.00 And Was Not That Great. The Breakfast Was In The Lobby So I Ate It In My Room.

The Rooms Have Walk-outs Which Lead To A Nicely Landscaped Area.

The Staff Were Very Friendly And Went The Extra Mile.

Overall The Room Was Clean But I Would Stay At The Super 8 You Get More For Your Money...

• Stayed January 2002
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 November 2004

The comfort in Saskatoon was basic but clean. The building was old and somewhat dingy [ In the hallways]. The rooms were basic and clean. The two large problem was the $2.99 breakfast and the smoking room because of our pet.

3 Thank Barkleythedog