“Nice Hotel in a great location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Town Hotel

Park Town Hotel
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Regina, Canada
“Nice Hotel in a great location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

I have stayed at the Park Town on several occasions. It's a nice hotel that has never given me any reason to look for other accommodations. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and I slept well. Not much more that I could ask for.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

Stayed here one night for business in March 2011. Needed to be by the Royal University Hospital so this was a great location as it is about a 3 minute cab ride to the front entrance.

The taxi ride to the airport cost under 20 dollars and is about a 15-20 min ride. The first impression when you walk into the lobby is quite lackluster as it simply looks like the lobby of a 3 star hotel. Check-in was smooth and staff were nice.

Booked a two queen bed room, and it was a relatively good size and very clean. Bathroom was stocked, and also clean. TV was a 42 inch flat screen which was very nice. Beds were comfortable and noise from the outside and next door/ hallways was at a minimum (although you can hear the occasional car whip by).

Internet for me was not working that night and as a business traveler, I had to dock points for this. Luckily, another internet connection which I assume was the Saskatoon wide Wi-fi service was functioning and I used that instead.

Breakfast in the morning downstairs at the restaurant was decent and relatively well priced for a hotel restaurant. Check out was smooth and no problems there.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for a short stay, but since I booked the day prior to arriving, I paid a hefty price for what was a 3 star hotel all around. For me, the value was not great.
Pros: well located, clean, functional
Cons: value

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Georgeamazing
horseheaven, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We have been having a few issues with our Internet service and hopefully we have rectified the problem, I am sorry we did not meet your needs. We have an amazing location situated along the banks of the South Saskatchewan River with lovely walking trails and of course minutes from two major hospitals and the U of S Campus. It appears you did not use our complimentary shuttle service which is available Monday to Friday 8 - 5 pm for use by our guests. Our Shuttle picks up and drops off at the airport and trips to and from all the hospitals happen regularly throughout the day. This service may also be booked for business, shopping trips or any other travel within the city limits.
We have been renovating at Park Town for a number of years and our lobby is scheduled for work later this year or early next so I hope you will see wonderful changes.
Thank you again for taking the time to critique our hotel we hope to serve you in the near future.
Judy Harwood, CHA
Prince Albert, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

I love the Parktown! I've stayed there a few times over the years, and every time has been great. It's close to downtown, overlooks the river, and is well located to access other parts of the city. I've always ended up with a riverside room, which has a nice view night and day. Service is always great, the tasty Sunday brunch is enjoyed by many Saskatonians and guests alike, and the place is impeccably clean.
And the best part is, you get all of that for a very good price!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
horseheaven, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your riverside room, with the great view. Our staff is always grateful for positive feedback and the fact you appreciated our professional service, clean property and great prices goes a long way. We hope you return soon to the Park Town Hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

My husband and I got married here. They did an amazing job setting up and making sure we were happy with everything. The Food was amazing, their personal DJ was good and the bar is very resonably priced. The rooms were large and comfortable and very well priced.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank funnygoose08
Weyburn, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

Stayed here for a couple of days for a conference for my school. Great location if you want to be in a trendy area and close to downtown. Clean neighbourhood and well lit. Check in was smooth and courtious. Staff were very busy but got everyone looked after. Very tasteful decorating and room was awesome. Room was clean and washroom was recently re-done. Pub downstairs was a pretty good place, gets kind of noisy at night. Parking was a challange. Lots of vehicles all over the place and people EVERYWHERE. This is definatly a hotel for younger people like myself, but those with families may want to try someplace a little more quite. Other than that- I would stay here again, just not have a large truck to try and manuver into the parking lot.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

I travel throughout Canada and the USA and I have to say the Park Town in Saskatoon is the best yet.
From its great front desk personal to the great rooms that over look the Saskatoon skyline to the Saskatchewan river right out your door.
The food is always great wether its sitting in their dinning room or getting room service the food is always great.
If you get a chance to stay over on the weekend their buffet of Prime Rib is to die for.
To the Parktown staff keep up the great service and I will see u soon.
You can count on it.
B Stevens
Director of Sales

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Flin Flon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

I had a family heath issue on a long weekend and called the Park Town the managed to find me a room.
When we arrived the staff was great, they got us into our room with no fuss and we were off to the hospital without any hold up.
The room was great overlooking the river, it had lots of room and was clean. The beds where very comfortable and the 42" flat screen that was wall mounted made the desk usable.
Check was just a great as check in fast and efficient. I will be making this my hotel when we go to Saskatoon. Again thanks to a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple