“Not impressed :(”
Review of Park Town Hotel

Park Town Hotel
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I will begin with the positives...the supper buffet was really good, and they had a very impressive spread. The pool and hot tub were really nice, and the poolside staff were very friendly. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. It was unfortunate that the room they promoted on their website was not the room I got. I was very disappointed, as I thought I was getting the Executive Suite. On the website, they wrote that the room would have a fireplace, two robes, and a daily paper. I got none of that. I got a lovely view of the dumpster in the back parking lot. No fireplace, no robes, no paper. When I called the front desk to inquire, the young man began arguing with me that I had not booked such a room - even when I had the confirmation printout in my hand. To their benefit, they did give me a small discount. When I went to check out, nobody asked how my stay was. I was hoping for a relaxing break, but it was not at all was I had been hoping for.

Room Tip: I recommend that you ask to see the room before you check in.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tammy O

Reviewed 2 February 2013

To start off I do have to say the room was clean and most of the staff was friendly. But then I have to say what I didn't care for. The bed was small I've never seen a queen size that small. Internet was slow, and not all of the surrounding sidewalks were shoveled, great if you only want to eat in the one restaurant with a rude waitress. I'll stay at one of the 6 hotels down the street next time.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if your planing to sleep in the same bed as your spouse.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank jamesjegen
Darryl C, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you for your feedback.
I would like to comment that the Internet has now been upgraded throughout the Park Town and is running Broadband 100 and next week we will further upgrade to the highest level available of Broadband 250. There was some minor glitches during the transition unfortunately. Sorry for the service you received in the restaurant. The restaurant manager has been advised and we also have our Irish Pub Finn's as another resource. Next month the new Lobby Lounge will be re-opened as well.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Styed here one night, the lobby was under renovations so it was not appealing, but the stay was nice even if it was -41C with the wind chill. We phoned ahead to make sure that we could get spot underground to park our vehicle. The rooms were nice, beds and pillows were comfortable. The wifi was not reliable, even though it said connected at 65.0 mb, dial up from the 90’s was faster. I would like to stay here again in the spring or summer to enjoy scenery. It was too damn cold to walk very far.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a view towards the river.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We have stayed here several times and it never loses it's appeal. We always seem to get a room with a view of the South Saskatchewan river. The rooms are well appointed and clean. The beds are comfortable. The location is hard to beat because it's right at the corner of Spadina Cresc. and College Ave.(25th Ave.) You are walking distance to downtown and/or a nice walk along the river. They also have special rates for those staying there when they have eye surgery the next day.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kempek
Reviewed 30 November 2012

This very pleasant independent hotel in downtown Saskatoon is a good choice for business meetings or personal travel. On the river. Great executive floor and the exec suite rooms are among the best I have stayed in. Little louvers in the windows to let in fresh air. Large living room and spacious bedroom. Large screen TV on both. Faux fireplace with 2 level heater in LR a nice cozy addition. Spacious desk abutting floor to ceiling windows. Nicely appointed. Keurig coffee maker. Comfy robes. SUPER comfy pillow top bed. Catering staff very accommodating for business meetings (easily got gluten free every lunchtime meal...). Very nice little intimate feeling restaurant overlooking river. Good menu. Open early till late. Very accommodating staff. Cozy little bar unfortunately dominated by solid wall of VLT's. :( Airport shuttle. What more can I say? I'd return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My elderly parents and their friends met at the Parktown restaurant several nights a month for a meal. Recently the free parking provided by the hotel has been changed to pay parking. Even in the handicapped spot my parents were required to walk an additional distance to buy a parking ticket. Sadly, the tradition of meeting friends at the Parktown has come to an end. The seniors feel that their business is not valued due to the fact they must pay money to park in a lot that has has been free for years.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Alice N
Reviewed 24 November 2012

An absolutely enjoyable hotel! The location is near downtown right on the river and walkable to major shopping venues as well as the University of Saskatchewan. Parking options are extremely affordable and a choice is given for both outside and in a parking garage. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Checkin was quick and well taken care of. The room was more than adequate with an extremely comfortable bed, great bathroom and very clean. While I was a couple of rooms away from the ice machine, I never heard it while in the room.
The meeting facilities are well staffed and the food was excellent. Both their lounge were accommodating and dining facilities the "Four Seasons" was a great breakfast choice. They even offer a shuttle to the airport!
Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: If you want a view, ask for the river side. Some suites on the top floor have vaulted ceilings.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo