“Perfect”

Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Swan Hills, Canada
“Perfect”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We had our wedding reception at the park town hotel. Everything was perfect. The staff was wonderful, the venue was reasonably priced, the food was to die for, the service was amazing, the rooms were great. Overall it was simply perfect. We would definitely do it again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiffany V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Great Location, great price, great hotel! Rooms were very clean, beds were EXtremely comfortable, and the view was very nice. We had great customer service and the hotel has lots of amenities. Pool, lounge, restaurant, pub and off sale. Will book here everytime I'm in saskatoon!

2 Thank Brettrl
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2013

One of the reasons I picked this hotel was because I was baffled by the inconsistency of the reviews, some finding a very quiet hotel, others a noisy hotel. I was there for a conference and had several colleagues staying at the Park Town. I had room 719 and was exceedingly pleased. The room is well equipped, a good coffee maker, clean, gorgeous view over the river valley and a quiet, restful room. A colleague was on the second floor overlooking fans and a parking lot. The view was horrible and the night was disturbed by noise. Message - get a room overlooking the river valley and you will be very happy.

The breakfast room was good and efficient, the options were interesting, I really enjoyed the breakfast parfait, and the view from the breakfast room was lovely. The hotel Wifi was fast and secure and free. I gave it a severe test with some large file transfers over a VPN connection, it passed with flying colours.

One oddity was discovered in my room. I had trouble finding an available power socket, with some effort I found one and then noticed... On the 7th floor the ceiling of the room is very high and vaulted and there at a height of about 4 metres was a set of 4 power sockets, very close to the ceiling fan. I will try to upload a photograph, the power points indicated by a red arrow.

Overall, I was extremely happy with my stay at this hotel, but I can easily see why others might be less content. So be careful and choose a good room.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the river valley.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank HowardFreeland
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed at the Park Town for a week in May 2013 during the Memorial Cup tournament. We were pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed our stay. The location was great - within walking distance to many places downtown and along/across the river.

We had a double queen room on the 5th floor overlooking the river, which was nice. Great view. The bed/pillows were extremely comfortable. Room was clean, spacious, bathroom was an ok size. You can hear noise from the hallway, but couldn't hear any of the traffic from outside (unless you opened the vents in your windows).

Parking seems a little pricey at $8/day. We were one of only a few cars on the 2nd floor of the garage, so there were plenty of open spots. We had Sunday Brunch in the restaurant and the buffet portion was ok, but the waffle and omelette stations were amazing and really made it worthwhile. We didn't go to the Irish pub, though others said it was reasonable. Staff was nice - the manager very accomodating.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank NormLWat
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 12 nights, first 7 nights in Queen bedroom on 4th floor with parking lot view. The room is nice and clean. But the problem is about its noise isolation and number of sockets available in the room (1 on the table, another in the washroom). I hope the windows could be open in order to get some fresh air. Then I moved to another King bedroom with a spectacular river view, the room has much more space with a comfy chair. I like this a lot with additional $20/night.

• Stayed May 2013
Darryl C, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I agree that some rooms are limited with plugs. I am currently looking at adding extra electrical and USB plugs to the working desks. I find for the extra $20, a King bed with a wonderful riverview is also well worth it!
Alberta
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Little sound proofing makes for a noisy stay whether your room faces the busy street or not. Thin walls and doors. The staff was friendly however the food was over priced for the quality. If I had the choice I would not stay there again.

2 Thank AlbertaBeenThere
Thank you Alberta for the feedback. The Park Town is a very established hotel. When it was built it was an entire concrete foundation and should be very quiet compared to some of the new builds made of wood construction. Some of the floors have light doors which are being replaced through our capital process and will match the newer more heavier doors.
Once again thank you for the feedback and look forward to seeing you again.
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My mother and I stayed at the Park Town on short notice after my dad was rushed to the university hospital in Saskatoon. After driving overnight we checked the hotel for availability at 6:30 am and unfortunately due to a conference we were not able to get a room but we reserved a room and asked to come back after 11:00am. When we returned we were allowed an early check in at noon so we could get some sleep. The room was very clean and the beds and pillows very comfortable. The restaurant was reasonably priced and the food good and hot. We were offered a discount as we had a family member in the hospital so I am not sure what the standard rate is for the room. The front desk was very accommodating with holding a room for us and when my dad was discharged earlier then expected we were able to cancel the room with very short notice and a late check out The only negative was the parking charge of $8.00 per day. The parking is not attached to the hotel and unheated so it is too bad the hotel couldn't include parking in the rates. This is one of my pet peeves at most hotels these days....seems like a nickel and dime
charge.