“Great Stay!”

Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Moosomin, Canada
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Front desk was helpful and polite. Lobby was really nicely decorated.
We were greeted in our room by a lovely plate of fruit/cheese and crackers.
and OMG!! The view!! I don't think it's possible to be happier than we were when we looked out our window!
Comfortable beds - awesome pillows. All very clean and fresh.
Very reasonable price for a downtown location.
Breakfast in the restaurant Sunday morning was wonderful - we did the buffet - tons to choose from - including an omelet and pancake/waffle cart where you can basically have the chef create a specialized order for you while you watch.
We will definately stay again!

Room Tip: make sure to ask for a view of the river - otherwise it's the parking lot!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank S D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
Lunenburg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

This Hotel is great for it's location. Make sure you have river side for view. It's Pub downstairs and a liquor store that is open late. Well centred for events, amenities, Malls, Farmer's Market, etc. The Restaurant has a great menu for more upscale dining that is convenient if you don't wan to leave the hotel. All in all, our stay for the week was great and price was same if we were to book near the airport, but better view!!

Room Tip: Book on Riverside of hotel. you would not want to look at the parking lot on the other side of hotel...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lunenburg135
Darryl C, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you for your review. Yes the riverview is amazing and worth the incremental price lift. We are very fortunate to have this location. Later this year we plan to replace the lower three floors of windows to improve the view!!!!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

As a seasoned corporate traveller , it's well known that accomodation in downtown Saskatoon can be a challenge and back in January of this year that turned out to be the case .
Due to a large convention downtown - all of the "big boys" were 100% occupied and with a little bit of
searching I came across the Parktown .
Kerry, the marketing manager , was very helpful in setting up a corporate account and took the time to give me a tour of the premises , at my time of arrival .
My room was well equipped and had a scenic view of the river .
Breakfast ,my favourite meal of the day, was served in a cool room which was bathed in light
and had very attentive staff .
I missed out on the lunch buffet due to work commitments , however it looks like very good value !
The adjacent pub 'Finns' - is a good place to for a drink especially if you , like I , bring your darts on the road .
Back in January - the entire front desk/lobbby was being refurbished - looking forward to seeing the finished product !

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank G H
Bonnyville, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

It depends where you stay in this hotel which is in a lovely location. Unfortunately our room was in the old west wing, if I knew this was the crappy part of the hotel I would have stayed elsewhere. In the bathroom the taps were no longer attached to the counter and banged back and forth, the maintenance guy came in and said he couldn't fix them as they were totally rusted out. You can also hear everyone talking, showering, etc on both sides and from the outside. Overall the room was nice enough, but is really on the low end of good hotels. I will NOT stay at this place again and would NOT recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank M F
Swan Hills, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

We had our wedding reception at the park town hotel. Everything was perfect. The staff was wonderful, the venue was reasonably priced, the food was to die for, the service was amazing, the rooms were great. Overall it was simply perfect. We would definitely do it again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiffany V
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Great Location, great price, great hotel! Rooms were very clean, beds were EXtremely comfortable, and the view was very nice. We had great customer service and the hotel has lots of amenities. Pool, lounge, restaurant, pub and off sale. Will book here everytime I'm in saskatoon!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Brettrl
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

One of the reasons I picked this hotel was because I was baffled by the inconsistency of the reviews, some finding a very quiet hotel, others a noisy hotel. I was there for a conference and had several colleagues staying at the Park Town. I had room 719 and was exceedingly pleased. The room is well equipped, a good coffee maker, clean, gorgeous view over the river valley and a quiet, restful room. A colleague was on the second floor overlooking fans and a parking lot. The view was horrible and the night was disturbed by noise. Message - get a room overlooking the river valley and you will be very happy.

The breakfast room was good and efficient, the options were interesting, I really enjoyed the breakfast parfait, and the view from the breakfast room was lovely. The hotel Wifi was fast and secure and free. I gave it a severe test with some large file transfers over a VPN connection, it passed with flying colours.

One oddity was discovered in my room. I had trouble finding an available power socket, with some effort I found one and then noticed... On the 7th floor the ceiling of the room is very high and vaulted and there at a height of about 4 metres was a set of 4 power sockets, very close to the ceiling fan. I will try to upload a photograph, the power points indicated by a red arrow.

Overall, I was extremely happy with my stay at this hotel, but I can easily see why others might be less content. So be careful and choose a good room.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the river valley.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business