“Better and BETER”

Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Edmonton, Canada
“Better and BETER”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have been here before. Years ago. When I came back, everything changed. New renovations! Beautiful rooms, and the best restaurant in Saskatoon. The chef is unbelievable. The food is off the chart and reasonably priced. There is a comedy club on the basement floor, pool, gym and everything else that makes a great hotel. Well done, Park Town!! I will be back again and again!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
Lethbridge
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was visiting colleagues at the university and they all recommended the Park Town Hotel. It is very close to the university and my room even had a view of campus across the river. Check-in was very fast and I had a spacious room with a comfortable bed and a gift wrapped dessert waiting for me on the coffee table. I did not get a chance to wander around the general area of the hotel due to -30C weather and I was busy pretty much non-stop with meetings, but I suspect there are plenty of opportunities to go walking/jogging along the river. The room was well appointed, albeit somewhat dated in appearance. My room service breakfast was good and far surpassed my expectations, which are admittedly often pessimistic when it comes to room service food options. It was a bit pricey to stay in, but if you are in town for a quick visit and need access to the university, I cannot think of a better option.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river so that at least you have a decent view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Carrot River, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2014

A very nice place to stay. nice modern rooms, really clean and best of all very friendly. We weren't there for a holiday. We only spent a few days there for medical reasons but after staying there a few days I wouldn't hesitate to stay for business or a nice vacation. they have a nice pool and exercise room. I would like to tell you about the restaurant but I didn't have the opportunity to use it. As for the rates I don't think you will find a better rate for a 3 star hotel in Saskatoon.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank terdyc
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I had the worst hotel stay of my life here. I picked this hotel because it was close to the university and had good reviews on another travel website that I booked it through. I also thought that parking was included, which is useful in a downtown hotel. NOPE! Parking costs $8 a day, and you have to walk by the disgusting smoking area to get to the hotel. Obviously they didn't consider guests when creating the smoking area and instead just catered to the bar next door.

I arrived on a Saturday afternoon after a long day of travel and just wanted to take a nap before my business dinner. The room I had was right next to the ice machine, you could hear the noisy buzz of it constantly. The door was wood, and did not block any noise from people walking by, and did not make me feel safe despite the deadbolt as there wasn't a second chain lock on the flimsy door. The room overlooked, the PARKADE! So I closed the curtains and went to turn on the light, but one of the floor lamps had a burned out lightbulb which is a big pet peeve of mine. Is it that difficult to check the lights when cleaning a room to make sure the bulbs are working? Well I guess I shouldn't be so surprised because I don't think my room was clean considering late on my second night there when I had a chance to look around the room, I discovered a piece of broken glass on the carpet by the bed! There's a picture included just in case you don't believe me.

The room was small, much smaller then expected for paying over $150 a night. The bathroom was tiny, with no shoe mitt or make up remover supplied which in generally standard in hotels these days. The back of the tv remote kept falling off and I don't even want to think about when the last time it was cleaned was.

The only good thing about the room was how fast it heats up when you turn up the thermostat.

Here was the worst part of it, my second morning there I was excited to sleep in after a week of travel. at 0630 AM I get a phonecall, I pick it up and theres no one on the line. Ten minutes later it ringed again so I grumpily answered again and this time it was the front desk telling me there was a cab for me! I told him it was the wrong room and hung up, but of coarse by now I couldn't get back to sleep. When I checked out later that morning, I complained to the front desk manager who only offered an "I'm sorry", and gave me her card while she continued to process my credit card. At the front desk they have a certificate hung certifying that it is a 3 star hotel, they must have paid off whoever gave them that rating because it is way over rated.

Needless to say, I will NEVER stay here again! They should charge half of what they currently charge.

Room Tip: Save yourself a lot of frustration and stay somewhere else! I wish I could give this hotel a negativ...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sheila P
Darryl C, General Manager at Park Town Hotel, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Very sorry about your stay! I do apologize for a smaller room that was not up to our standards. We do have an inspection process that follows the initial cleaning and we generally do a great job. Parking is posted that it is $8 a day and $10 for heated underground. This is actually quite reasonable compared to other downtown hotels at $15-$20/day. We do also offer a shuttle that could be utilized if you fly in. We are also looking at replacing some of our guestroom doors this year.Unfortunately you did not receive one of the many riverview rooms but please try us again and I will see to this. Please contact me on this if you so choose.
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Was the only option for the week we booked and it was nice to see they didn't up their price on a week that everyone was overbook. The additional charge for parking put me off concerning it was a public parkade during the day and designed off smaller vehicles and not pickup friendly. Check in was quick and friendly. She also was quick at suggesting places in the area to eat for the week. The room was very small but well equipped. Newly remodelled and very clean with cheerful staff. Hotel is a little out of the trendy area but within walking distance.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
I am glad that you enjoyed your visit with us at the Park Town. Our parking area fits trucks on the main level and also the entire Parkade tower. All spots outside are electrified. Maybe you did not know to use the tower as well as usually the main floor spots are taken at first. The Parkade tower also have an elevator for our guest's convenience. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Saskatoon.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is more than 3 stars it deserves at least 4 stars, very spacious room with jacuzzi tub big LCD TV nice bathroom, large bed very clean and modern, location is wonderful staff is fantastic, I recommend this hotel for couples and business travelers.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Sydney, Canada
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was in Saskatoon on business and spent two nights in this renovated hotel. Comfortable bed, clean room, good service. It is close to the university and the downtown: walking distance to both. The restaurant serves good food at reasonable prices: enjoyed the homestyle breakfast and the prime rib roast beef buffet Friday night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business