“Quick response to concern”
Review of Park Town Hotel

Park Town Hotel
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 22 March 2010

My husband prefers to stay at the Park Town Hotel when flying in or out of Saskatoon. He enjoys the comfort and respect that this hotel provides. Recently his Air Canada flight was delayed by many hours and I had to get a message to him in the middle of the night. Rather than wake him, I called the front desk and asked the person if it was possible to slide a note under his door. The desk person wrote out the message and said it would be delivered. Unfortunately that did not happen and my husband knew nothing of the delay until the desk clerk handed him the message AS HE WAS CHECKING OUT at 5 a.m., which was now more than 5 hours before his flight, not the expected 90 minutes. He could have stayed in bed, checked out later, and gone for a leisurely breakfast -- definitely shortening many unnecessary hours sitting at the small Saskatoon airport. I contacted the hotel about our disappointment with the service, and immediately received a concerned reply from the front office manager. The unfortunate situation is resolved. The Park Town continues to be our hotel of choice while in Saskatoon. How refreshing it is to feel welcomed and to be listened to.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank nancybteach

Reviewed 9 February 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights in January while on a business trip.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the parking was good, the room was clean and well appointed, although on the small side for the price paid.

The food was disappointing - not enough healthy options, not enough selection generally, and not memorable.

The building is older. In some areas you couldn't tell, but in some areas it was apparent.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank lone_palm
Reviewed 7 January 2010

I checked into the Parktown on January 4th and checked out on January 6th. I was there alone for business. I had a room with a single queen bed which was very comfortable. I had an approx. 40" t.v., mini fridge. Everything was great, I slept good, hot shower in the morning...I even had secure underground parking where it was +10 (and VERY cold outside).
It was easy to get to the room from the parkade.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank littleoneRegina
Reviewed 13 December 2009

Booked 3 rooms for 3 couples and were reasonably priced. Rooms were very large with new 40" LCD flat screens; high-speed wireless internet worked great. Rooms were clean and appeared to be newly renovated. In hotel restaurant was a little pricey but food was very good. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2009

I've stayed at the Parktown a few times, for both business and a friend's wedding. I like the price when I'm footing the bill, and I've enjoyed it enough to go back on the company's dime. It's in a good location, very reasonably priced and offers everything you need in a hotel. I've always had good service when I stayed there.

Saskatoon doesn't have a great variety of hotels, and until I hear different from the locals, I'll continue to stay at the Parktown. It's not spectacular or a 5 star property, but it gets the job done.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2009

We stayed here for two nights on a wedding rate of $115 per night. This hotel needs a major cleaning and reno. Rooms were shabby with broken lamp shades, holes and stains on the couch and marks on the walls and doors. Small bathroom with awful lighting and no fan was a draw back. My parents stayed in an accessible room on the top floor and it was much nicer, cleaner, more up to date and better amenities for $10 more/night.
Our room was not made up on Saturday so coffee was not replaced. When I went to the front desk to ask for coffee I was told it was a $2 charge, even though it was not replaced in our room as it should have been.
Rowdy crowd on this particular weekend, lots of weddings and a popular pub in the lobby made for a lot of drunk people. Witnessed one minor fight in the surface parking lot. Underground parkade was dark and smelled like dill pickles.
Good location for what we needed but I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank love2travel040
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Stayed here when I had a conference and brought the family with. Staff was great- but failed to mention where we could park. Once you find the underground parking, you are set. Comes in handy when the pub gets busy. Rooms, Hallways, Elevator and lobby clean, modern and generally well looked after. Rooms with the vaulted ceilings are amazing. Bathroom was clean with hot water and pressure as expected. Internet worked good and hotel was quiet at night once the pub settled down. Good value for the money. Family was happy with the monitored pool and hot tub. Security was present and outgoing. Restaurant was pretty basic, and usually busy. Housekeeping was as expected.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business