“Sorriest excuse for a hotel I've ever had the misfortune of staying in.”
Review of Park Town Hotel

Park Town Hotel
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Everyone from the front desk staff to the waitstaff were rude, inefficient and disrespectful. In particular, one bleach blond male server was rude, sarcastic and belittling to both myself and my colleagues. When he was reported to the supervisor, there was a SLIGHT improvement in his demeanor. Another female server chose to walk away as I was making a request for tea, FOR TEA!!! How difficult is that??? I was also shoved aside as the short and very wide maitre'd walked by me. A simple "excuse me", as most people possessing manners would have used, would have sufficed.
The food is abysmal, a pool of grease in the stir fry and peas and carrots in the feffucine alfredo!!! Oh yes, a colleague discovered a price tag baked into his hamburger bun.
Just a nightmarish place to hang your hat, DO NOT STAY HERE, the hotel in "The Shining" was friendlier.

1  Thank beenaroundtheworld1

Reviewed 24 March 2010

I decided to stay at this hotel since I had a conference and needed to be close to the University. I had requested a quiet room not near elevators/ice machine, and away from any rooms that have sports teams staying. Well, when I got there, they put me 2 rooms away from the ice machine/elevator. I had 5 rooms surrounding me with children who were staying for a hockey tournament. I told the front desk that I had requested a quiet room a long time ago, and she was extremely rude and said that she can move me 1 room closer to the ice machine or I can stay where I am. So basically I had to stay. Kids were screaming til 3 am (even after calling security 4 times), the pub was directly below my room and the music was booming til 2 am. I was also located right next to the street so I could hear the traffic quite loudly. After I finally slept for a few hours, I was awoken again in the morning to screaming kids. I also had ordered room service, and they brought me the wrong order, and my food had hair in it. I finally got my room changed the next day (and they upgraded me to a king size bed for free-- a 10 dollar difference... WOW! NOT!). So in retrospect, the rooms smell, are poorly insulated, the heaters don't work, the staff and service is rude (they only were able to rebate me 10 dollars for my troubles), the food service is terrible, the security is slow and non-existing, and probably the worst experience of my life. I probably would have got better sleep in my car. Stay away from this piece of crap they call a hotel!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Student3135
Reviewed 22 March 2010

My husband prefers to stay at the Park Town Hotel when flying in or out of Saskatoon. He enjoys the comfort and respect that this hotel provides. Recently his Air Canada flight was delayed by many hours and I had to get a message to him in the middle of the night. Rather than wake him, I called the front desk and asked the person if it was possible to slide a note under his door. The desk person wrote out the message and said it would be delivered. Unfortunately that did not happen and my husband knew nothing of the delay until the desk clerk handed him the message AS HE WAS CHECKING OUT at 5 a.m., which was now more than 5 hours before his flight, not the expected 90 minutes. He could have stayed in bed, checked out later, and gone for a leisurely breakfast -- definitely shortening many unnecessary hours sitting at the small Saskatoon airport. I contacted the hotel about our disappointment with the service, and immediately received a concerned reply from the front office manager. The unfortunate situation is resolved. The Park Town continues to be our hotel of choice while in Saskatoon. How refreshing it is to feel welcomed and to be listened to.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank nancybteach
Reviewed 9 February 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights in January while on a business trip.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the parking was good, the room was clean and well appointed, although on the small side for the price paid.

The food was disappointing - not enough healthy options, not enough selection generally, and not memorable.

The building is older. In some areas you couldn't tell, but in some areas it was apparent.

1  Thank lone_palm
Reviewed 7 January 2010

I checked into the Parktown on January 4th and checked out on January 6th. I was there alone for business. I had a room with a single queen bed which was very comfortable. I had an approx. 40" t.v., mini fridge. Everything was great, I slept good, hot shower in the morning...I even had secure underground parking where it was +10 (and VERY cold outside).
It was easy to get to the room from the parkade.

1  Thank littleoneRegina
Reviewed 13 December 2009

Booked 3 rooms for 3 couples and were reasonably priced. Rooms were very large with new 40" LCD flat screens; high-speed wireless internet worked great. Rooms were clean and appeared to be newly renovated. In hotel restaurant was a little pricey but food was very good. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2009

I've stayed at the Parktown a few times, for both business and a friend's wedding. I like the price when I'm footing the bill, and I've enjoyed it enough to go back on the company's dime. It's in a good location, very reasonably priced and offers everything you need in a hotel. I've always had good service when I stayed there.

Saskatoon doesn't have a great variety of hotels, and until I hear different from the locals, I'll continue to stay at the Parktown. It's not spectacular or a 5 star property, but it gets the job done.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business