“WOW.. Great Stay”
Review of Park Town Hotel

Park Town Hotel
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My wife and I along with some other couples had the opportunity to stay with the Parktown while attending a High School Reunion in Saskatoon. The hotel has a perfect location right on the river, the staff were friendly and efficient, the F&B was excellent, and above all the beds were very comfortable in a clean room.
Thanks to all the staff at the Parktown, we are definitely staying with you again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 June 2010

The service from the front desk was great - had many calls to book the rooms for our team and then I checked in multiple rooms with ease (for coaches and chaperones). When I lost my voice and had to write notes the staff were very patient! They also upgraded my room to a suite. The bed was excellent, the room was quiet, the fridge was great and it had a good shower. The extra counter outside of the bathroom helped when sharing a room with teenagers. Others had a nice view of the river - our room looked over the parking. It was very nice to walk along the riverfront. The covered parking was nice.

Their pricing was competitive - check it often because it depended on their occupancy. We never ate in the restaurant. The beer store prices were high but convenient so it was worth it. The hotel even delivered bottle openers to multiple rooms. The location was handy being downtown.

• Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank Lanu
Reviewed 18 June 2010

We attended a wedding and the bride/groom suggested 3 hotels in the downtown area. We chose this one because of the lowest price! However, we were not disappointed. The rooms have been remodelled and have new carpet, nice bedding and was very clean. The dining room staff was very good and food was great. We were very impressed for the value. Our only suggestion would be for them to upgrade their towels- too small and too thin. I like thick, luxurious ones. It's right along the river and there is a nice walkway outside your door to explore some of the scenery. A good choice for your dollar!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2010

We travelled to Saskatoon for a sports event and stayed at the Park Town for 2 nights with our kids. We had a great experience. Check-in was smooth. Front desk staff very helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. Free parking. The kids enjoyed the pool We thought the restaurant menu offered a good selection to choose from. The service was great. I would recommend the chicken quesadilla it was delicious! We would stay here again. We feel the Park Town offers good value and a great location.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Everyone from the front desk staff to the waitstaff were rude, inefficient and disrespectful. In particular, one bleach blond male server was rude, sarcastic and belittling to both myself and my colleagues. When he was reported to the supervisor, there was a SLIGHT improvement in his demeanor. Another female server chose to walk away as I was making a request for tea, FOR TEA!!! How difficult is that??? I was also shoved aside as the short and very wide maitre'd walked by me. A simple "excuse me", as most people possessing manners would have used, would have sufficed.
The food is abysmal, a pool of grease in the stir fry and peas and carrots in the feffucine alfredo!!! Oh yes, a colleague discovered a price tag baked into his hamburger bun.
Just a nightmarish place to hang your hat, DO NOT STAY HERE, the hotel in "The Shining" was friendlier.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank beenaroundtheworld1
Reviewed 24 March 2010

I decided to stay at this hotel since I had a conference and needed to be close to the University. I had requested a quiet room not near elevators/ice machine, and away from any rooms that have sports teams staying. Well, when I got there, they put me 2 rooms away from the ice machine/elevator. I had 5 rooms surrounding me with children who were staying for a hockey tournament. I told the front desk that I had requested a quiet room a long time ago, and she was extremely rude and said that she can move me 1 room closer to the ice machine or I can stay where I am. So basically I had to stay. Kids were screaming til 3 am (even after calling security 4 times), the pub was directly below my room and the music was booming til 2 am. I was also located right next to the street so I could hear the traffic quite loudly. After I finally slept for a few hours, I was awoken again in the morning to screaming kids. I also had ordered room service, and they brought me the wrong order, and my food had hair in it. I finally got my room changed the next day (and they upgraded me to a king size bed for free-- a 10 dollar difference... WOW! NOT!). So in retrospect, the rooms smell, are poorly insulated, the heaters don't work, the staff and service is rude (they only were able to rebate me 10 dollars for my troubles), the food service is terrible, the security is slow and non-existing, and probably the worst experience of my life. I probably would have got better sleep in my car. Stay away from this piece of crap they call a hotel!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Student3135
Reviewed 22 March 2010

My husband prefers to stay at the Park Town Hotel when flying in or out of Saskatoon. He enjoys the comfort and respect that this hotel provides. Recently his Air Canada flight was delayed by many hours and I had to get a message to him in the middle of the night. Rather than wake him, I called the front desk and asked the person if it was possible to slide a note under his door. The desk person wrote out the message and said it would be delivered. Unfortunately that did not happen and my husband knew nothing of the delay until the desk clerk handed him the message AS HE WAS CHECKING OUT at 5 a.m., which was now more than 5 hours before his flight, not the expected 90 minutes. He could have stayed in bed, checked out later, and gone for a leisurely breakfast -- definitely shortening many unnecessary hours sitting at the small Saskatoon airport. I contacted the hotel about our disappointment with the service, and immediately received a concerned reply from the front office manager. The unfortunate situation is resolved. The Park Town continues to be our hotel of choice while in Saskatoon. How refreshing it is to feel welcomed and to be listened to.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business