Radisson Hotel Saskatoon
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$120
US$98
US$92
Agoda.com
1,115 results
All reviewscorner roomaroma restaurantthe riverunderground parkingpool arearoom servicedowntown areanice stayhot tubchecking infront desk staffcomfortable roomsenjoyed my stayconferencebroadwayparkadelounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Radisson a few times when we go to Saskatoon for events that are down by the river (Jazz festival, Fireworks festival). It has the best view of the river for the price of the three in that area (others are Bessborough and Sheraton). There are other hotels in Saskatoon that are cheaper, but not if you want that lovely view. And the convenience of being able to walk less than 1/2 block to the river and whatever festivities are going on there is great. Some of my friends have commented that they don't like the sleep number beds. But we were quite comfortable.

One downside is that they charge an additional $12 per day for parking, so that adds to your cost. And sadly, last week when we went for the fireworks festival, they were renovating and all the rooms that would have had a view of the Broadway bridge were not available (renos on that side of the hotel on every floor). My only complaint is that the person on the phone taking my reservation should have told me, as I specifically told her that I wanted the river view to see the fireworks. We got a river view, but it was actually more of a city view with the river off in the background, and not of the bridge where the fireworks were being set off.

So, not what we were hoping for, and if I had known, I would have booked at the Bess instead. Still, even with the renos, our stay was satisfactory - the workmen were quiet and respectful, and they were using low-odor paint and kept the mess down to a minimum. Overall, I would stay here again when I want that lovely view - but I will ask about renos before I book!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner queen room with a river view
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dawn_one_north
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel, for the kind words and your on going support.

I am however so sorry that we were not able to accommodate your request for a river view and disturbed to hear that you were not informed of the renovations at the time that you booked the room, I will definitely follow up with our reservations department as we need to inform our guests of renovations.

On another note I am happy to say that we are currently working with our owners to replace the Sleep Number Beds early in 2012.

If I can assist at anytime in the future, please contact me direct at the hotel, travel safe and enjoy the upcoming fall.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Stayed here for one night with our dog...although always grateful to find a pet-friendly hotel, this one left a few areas for improvement. Upon check-out I remarked that it was unfortunate to still be combining smoking rooms with pet-friendly rooms. I was informed that the hotel has had a non-smoking policy for 2 years. Somewhat shocking, as the smell of smoke was definitely the first thing we noticed upon entering the room(despite the apparent cleanliness) and just assumed that this was what the set-up was...to add further disappointment, the window also did not open. Needless to say, neither of us slept well and awoke with headaches...

Although well-enough appointed (more towels than anywhere else I have stayed in the past 2 yrs), the room did not seem "pet-friendly"...white duvet covers, no refrigerator and access (5 floors up on the elevator) was not favourable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding the hotel. I am very sorry for the discomfort and frustration that you encountered due to the smell of smoke and I will review with my team mates our policy on how to deal with a room that has been smoked in by a previous guest before it is released to be rented to the next guest. .

I am pleased that overall you found the room cleanliness to be 5 out of 5 and that we were able to accommodate your entire family including your pet. We believe that family is family and are proud to be able to offer accommodations for our guest travelling with pets free of additional charges. Having said that as a 19th floor building we do not have rooms off the lobby for easier access to the outside so I will speak to reservations to ensure they are informing our guest when they inquire about their pets so they are able to make an informed decision as to where to stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and kind words.

Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stay at the Saskatoon Radisson for two days every summer on our drive back to Edmonton from Manitoba. For us, it's a great way to wind down from reunions and visits with family and friends.

We have found the quality and service at this property to be consistent and more than satisfactory year after year. Even during renovations in 2010, they kept inconvenience to guests as minimal as they could, apologizing at each opportunity for not being able to offer all services at the time. The staff are always pleasant and accommodating. This is a full-service hotel with a pool/jacuzzi, health centre, business centre, internet, wi-fi, in-room coffee, high-quality toiletries, and my all-time favorite feature - a magnifying mirror in the bathroom!

This property has many features in its favour. There's the location - right in the middle of downtown Saskatoon, a short walk (1.5 blocks) to Saskatoon's beautiful riverside parks where, in the summer, there is always something going on. When we were there, the Jazz Festival was in progress and the river bank throbbed with music, market stalls, and people. The walk along the river is pleasant and cool (especially on hot summer days). The hotel is also close to the downtown shopping mall; along the way to the mall, there are many shops, boutiques, restaurants and cafes where one can "contribute to the economy" by having a meal or snack or doing more shopping!

One of the hotel's big draws is its restaurant - the Aroma. We like this place so much we have almost all our meals there, especially in the evenings. The menu is creative and choices are varied, with a great selection of appetizers (some very unique) and light meals as well as offerings of burgers, ribs, and steaks. And, if you have any room left, the desserts will not disappoint. My personal favorite is the creme brulee - super creamy and not too sweet. The inescapable bill comes with chocolate-dipped maraschino cherries - you pay and leave with a good taste in your mouth!

When we left for the last leg of our drive home, there was no question about whether or not we would be back to the Radisson in Saskatoon. We will be there again in the summer of 2012.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are nice; ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gvwatts .
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

What a pleasure to read your comments on the hotel, I am so honored to work with such wonderful people that care so much for our guests,

If I can be of any assistance with your travel plans for next summer please do not hesitate to contact me direct at the Radisson.

Have a wonderful summer and travel safe.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

In the course of a year I get to stay in various hotels in North America and Europe. Normally I choose 3.5 to 4 star hotels and by far, the best of these is the Radisson Saskatoon.

Two reasons:
1) Getting a "corner queen" room. It's the same price as a regular room but it's like a suite with a great view! I love the unique floor plan - so refreshingly different from your run-of-the-mill rectangular rooms.
2) The Aroma restaurant. I've dined all over Saskatoon and really, there's no need to to go anywhere else. A deliciously unique menu - I like the "Beef Not-Pot Pie" or the "Padded Bra". For an appetizer, have the pork crackle.

Everything else is up to the usual Radisson standards.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2011

Thank you so much for sharing your comments and for your support of the hotel.

We are very lucky to have an amazing hotel with wonderful people that each day create a service culture focused on making memories for our guests. If I can assist in the future do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Have a wonderful summer and travel safe

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We visit Saskatoon a few times a year, and have pretty much stayed at all the major hotels in the area over the years. The last few times we've stayed at the Radisson, and I gotta say it's definately my favourite.

There are several advantages to staying here. It's only a block away from the great downtown shopping Saskatoon has to offer. It has a pool and waterslide, which is fun for the kids. It has underground parking, which is a nice touch. The hotel is very nicely renovated. I love the Sleep Number beds, which allow you to adjust the firmness of you're mattress to suite you.

The only disadvantage I would say is the price to stay here. The normal rate is somewhere between $150-$200 a night. I've gotten lucky twice on Hotwire.com and gotten the Radisson for $100 a night. That website is a gamble though, as it doesn't tell you the name of the hotel until after it's booked and can't be cancelled. If you're not fussy on getting a specific hotel and don't mind getting whatever 3* hotel it gives you in Saskatoon, then you can get a really good deal.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank brade270
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words and comments. If I can be of assistance in the future, please contact me direct at the hotel.

Have a wonderful summer, travel safe.