“Great hotel.”

Radisson Hotel Saskatoon
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed here for one night in an executive suite. When we checked, we were early, the room was not ready but we were pleasantly surprised to be presented with one voucher each for a free drink at the bar whilst we waited, a very nice gesture. We got to the suite to find it was beautifully prepared and clean. That night we ate at the hotel restaurant and selected from a wide ranging menu. All 4 meals were superbly cooked and presented. There were two couples sharing the suite and it was our turn for the sofa bed which turned out to be far more comfortable than previous ones. After a peaceful night's sleep we had complimentary breakfast which was , again, beautifully prepared and presented. Our waitress was charming and could not do enough to please us. A most enjoyable stay, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Patrick G
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for the review and the very kind words. I always share reviews with the team at the hotel, and this will be a perfect way to start the week after this August long weekend.

Safe travels.

Patty

Write a ReviewReviews (1,097)

Reviewed 4 August 2012

I found myself in Saskatoon under difficult circumstances (family illness) and wanted a quiet, comfortable place to call home for a lengthy, emotionally demanding trip. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised! The atmosphere, service, staff...every aspect of the hotel and its amenities far surpassed my expectations. Each guest of the hotel is of equal importance and all are made to feel special. Every staff member went well above and beyond any prior experience I have encountered in a hotel, travel apartment, etc.This was no small feat - I have travelled for personal and business for 28 years throughout North America, the Caribbean and Europe and have never received the level of personal attention and service as I did at the Radisson. Over the past 10 years I have also stayed at 3 competing hotels in downtown Saskatoon and none have come close to the experience I received at this hotel. The staff truly do take you in as part of their "family" and do their utmost to consider the happiness and satisfaction of all guests. Staff's attention to detail and sincerity is remarkable. Needless to say, personal discretion is maintained and held as a priority by ALL staff members. The hotel's General Manager took the time to get to know me and plays an active, vital role in the running of the entire operation. With respect to value for money - best choice I ever made.
In general, staying at the Radisson in Saskatoon made a very difficult personal trip a wonderful, homey experience. Yay Radisson!

Room Tip: Face the river - spectacular view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JeffPB
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Dear Jeff,

I am so happy that we could do our part to make a very rough time for you and your family a little less stressful. Family illnesses hit us all hard and to be able to find comfort during this time is essential.
We are proud to be your home away from home and look forward to welcoming you back.
Travel safe and all our best wishes.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

I stayed in one of the business class rooms on Aug 2. I was amazed to hear that the renovations were a few years old, the guest rooms were very clean and well maintained. I would have guessed the renos were less than a year old. It is clear that the staff really take pride in presenting and outstanding product. I was traveling with perishable goods and no request was too big. A fridge was in my room when I checked in and there was no problem checking a bag for the freezer. The staff were extremely friendly with a 'can do' attitude. Aroma, the restaurant, did not disappoint. The meals were well portioned and the taste was exquisite. I would highly recommend the Radisson to any traveller.

Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Anita Z
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Radisson.

I am so lucky to work with an exceptional team that really take pride in what they do. I will share your kind words with them and from the team here to you thank you for choosing us during your trip, travel safe and all the best!

Reviewed 3 August 2012

New wife and I stayed in the Presidential Suite on our wedding night and it was worth every penny. It was under $300, and the 19th floor panoramic view made it more than worth it. Big bathroom, big windows, big bed... fantastic stay!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan H
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Congratulations to you both and on behalf of the entire team here, we wish you years of happiness.

Please call me next year when you celebrate your 1 year anniversary, we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Well this is not one of them. Don't get me wrong, even for an experienced traveler this hotel is nice and comfortable enough; it's almost like they welcome you but don't want you to feel so comfortable that you'd want to stay for a month or two.

There is one habit as a traveler which the front desk staff has refused to accommodate two of the four times I've stayed here. Yes, I'm lazy and when I have a 5am flight I like to get up as late as possible so I like to check out the night before to save some time. I've done this at hotels all over the world, small, large expensive, economical. "We don't do that here" said Mr. Struck at the front desk when I explained that I have been able to do this at Radissons in the States, Spain, Portugal, France and Sweden.

While I"m on bad news, if you are part of a Corporation looking to secure a corporate rate with this hotel, the "we don't do that here" carries over to this arena; the hotel rates quoted in the agreement VS the rate charged will be different (higher) MOST of the time. Unlike most hotels which charge the quoted rate the vast majority of the time unless FULLY booked at the time of reservation, this Radisson will only honor the quoted rate if the requested room is bellow a certain percentage booked. The explanation from management was similar to Mr. Struck's, I was told they don't "undersell their product". Imagine being quoted a sale price, say at an automotive dealership, and when you arrive to purchase the vehicle, they tell you that because they've sold X quantity since calling the price has gone up!

To be clear, and to put it in perspective, the hotel is comfortable, the restaurant has above average food as hotel restaurants go, it's pleasant, with ample parking, the rooms are roomy and comfortable with some amenities and most with fantastic views, especial on the upper floors. It's just that considering the cost, (with parking it nears $200/night with tax) and with a little more effort in making the focus on the customer a higher priority than hotel rules and profit this could be a GREAT property.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views...in general.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ValpJ

You have definitely given us some very valuable feedback. I am however shocked by some of the comments as everything that you have commented on is all very easily looked after. I will follow up and use this review as a very valuable tool to ensure we are all working towards the same results at the hotel. I am very grateful that you brought this to my attention. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in person and I invite you to contact me direct at the hotel.

Travel safe.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We arrived at the hotel after a long day travelling on motorcycles, hot and sweaty. My wife went to check in and found the reception staff to be very friendly, efficient and welcoming, as an English motorcyclist we are used to being treated with contempt when you arrive anywhere by bike, not here, first class treatment on arrival. We had booked a suite but found it to be too small for4 adults and lots of luggage. Back to reception. The only room available was the executive suite, for an extra 50 bucks it was ours. We agreed to this, then to be told the room was not ready, not to worry they give us vouchers for free drinks at the bar while we wait.
When we get the room Wow.. Great views, lots of space, very clean, brilliant. The whole hotel is spotless, classy and professional. We ate in the bar area as the resteraunt was fully booked, this did not detract from what was a great meal, superbly presented and brought to the table by friendly efficient staff.
Breakfast was a complimentary affair, although it turned out to be a veritable feast, again superbly presented, it was out of this world.
As part of our 3 month road trip we have now stayed in over 30 hotels, this is far and away the best experience of them all. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Geoff W
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

It was wonderful to read your review and share it with the team at the hotel, they cheered!

Thank you for being so kind, interestingly enough many of the staff remember your group and asked me to pass on that it was our pleasure having you in the hotel. What an amazing thing to have a guest leave a lasting positive impression with the people that work at the hotel. Thank you for brightening their days the way you did.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and had a safe journey home.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

In town for a family event, stayed here w/ adjoining rooms. Hotel staff were very good - prompt, efficient and friendly service. The rooms seem recently updated, to their credit, however some attention to detail is lacking. We noticed the wallpaper didn't line up (if you're going to pick a patterned wallpaper...), the carpets didn't extend under the AC units, leaving some obvious gaps where floor showed through, paint in the bathrooms was lifting from the door/frame, and the window latch was broken so street noise was heard on the Saturday night with the last-call-crowd below. Ordinarily, those kind of attention to detail issues would make one second guess other attention matters, like cleanliness, but the rooms were all very clean, and the one day we happened back on housekeeping, it was noted the level of care with which she attended the room (before she knew we were there). The room updates work well, but the few little oversights betray the age of the building.

Would like to see clearer signage for the stairs and in the corridors, got turned around a few times taking the stairs and ended up in the service area for the convention centre. Also, any hotel that sits atop a parkade and charges for the parking really baffles... seems a little like double-dipping.

Overall, the Radisson performed above expectations, and with some minor improvements would certainly be one of the best hotels we've had the pleasure of staying with.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cypherson
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thank you for the review.

I am so lucky to have such an amazing team to work with. I really appreciate the recognition of the room attendant and how clean the room was, the team cheered when I shared this with them at their morning meeting.

The wallpaper, believe it or not is hung the way the designer intended it to appear, I as well questioned this when the first room was complete. I guess that design and style are very personal according to taste.

As for the carpet around the air conditioning unit, the unit was replaced this year along with 20 others, we are just waiting on carpet so that we can correct this as I know it is noticeable.

Thank you so much once again for your very valuable review.

Have an outstanding summer and travel safe.