“Amazing Stay!”

Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Regina, Canada
“Amazing Stay!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I recently had an amazing stay at the Radisson Hotel Saskatoon. From check-in to check-out every staff member I encountered was kind, friendly, helpful, and passionate about customer service. They made me feel at home and like they were excited to have me stay with them. The hotel itself is beautiful and well-maintained. I had a clean, comfortable, and modern room with fantastic views. I had a fantastic sleep in a quiet room with an extremely comfortable bed. I stopped down from breakfast in Aroma in the morning and had a fabulous meal as always. I recommend the eggs benedict. Best I've ever had anywhere!
If you have never stayed at the Radisson Saskatoon you are definitely missing out on something. Give it a try on your next trip to Saskatoon as I'm sure you won't be disappointed!
Thanks for taking such good care of me Radisson staff!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review for the Radisson!. Your kind words have made my day and I will be sure to share with the entire team.
Travel safe and we hope to see you again soon.
Patty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2014

been at the Rad now for a extended lenght of time and the service has been great, the staff make u feel right at home, this has been a great stay in Saskatoon. The rooms are always cleaned on time and house keeping is great. The food is always good with a good range of menu's try the home favorite Saskatoon Pickerel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for the post Terry. It is our pleasure to be your home away from home and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Travel Safe!
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I travel for work and spend many nights in different hotels. The Raddision Saskatoon was by far my most enjoyable stay. The Staff are very friendly and made me feel like part of the family. Every time I walk in they are always smiling and excited to greet you. The were always willing to help and always asked how my stay was and if there was anything they could do to improve it. The rooms are always clean and the bed are extremely comfortable. The Aroma restaurant located in the hotel has great food. The aroma staff are extremely happy and from the first moment they meet you they treat you like and old friend. The hotel is located down town and walking distance to some very great restaurants. It is the perfect blend for any traveller to still feel like they are at home. Thanks Raddison for everything it, you made being away from home that much easier!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words Carlos. I am so lucky to work with an amazing group of people and they are so committed to ensuring our guests enjoy their stay at the hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
Never hesitate to contact me direct if I can assist in the future!
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I chose the Radisson mostly for the location. Close to the river and Broadway bridge, plus close proximity to the Midtown and all the other pubs and restaurants downtown Saskatoon has to offer. We stayed from March 7 to March 9 and brought our small dog along. There are good and bad aspects to this hotel. As mentioned, location is great and the service we received from start to finish was amazing. We arrived well before the 3rd check in time and we knew our room wouldn't be ready yet, but the Front Desk still gave us our underground parking pass and let us get settled in that regard. The service we received, from initial phone reservation (Karen) to easy check in process thanks to the professional and efficient Front Desk staff to the servers in the bar and our room service delivery guy to the cleaning staff, was fantastic. The downfall of this hotel is the hotel itself. The elevators are painfully slow, the rooms are tiny, renovations were done but it looks like there was some cutting of corners in some spots (our toilet wasn't fully secured to the floor, it rocked to the right and the left, so you had to be very still on it haha), the walls are so paper thin I could hear a suitcase being unzipped, doors SLAM, very basic amenities in the rooms themselves (no mini fridge... maybe not a standard amenity but have had one in every other room I've stayed in) and we showered in ankle deep water as it seems our tub drain was clogged. The rooms however were mostly clean and comfy, our "river view" from the 4th floor left a bit to be desired but was still pretty at night seeing the Bes lit up and lights on the river bank. All in all this was an average stay but for the rate ($169 a night) we might just try the Parktown or the Hilton next time.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank bethkm
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for the hotel. I work with an exceptional group of associates that are dedicated to looking after our guests, they take pride in what they do and clearly it shows with the service and cleanliness you mentioned, I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
The renovations to the rooms were done in 2009 and we are now planning to renovate again as time does fly by and we are committed to maintaining the hotel's condition. I will be sure to work with our staff to ensure we are reporting and repairing any deficiencies immediately so that our guests do not have a negative experience.
Thank you again for the very valuable feedback.
Travel Safe!
Regina
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stay at the Radisson Hotel often - every 3 months. I really love the location as it is close to where I have my business meetings. The rooms are wonderful - I like the Corner Queens. Beautiful windows and views. The staff are very helpful - room service is amazing.

I emailed the manager before my last visit though as one flaw is the fitness centre. I love my daily workouts and this fitness centre needs immediate attention or it may change where I stay when I come to Saskatoon. I have to walk to the pool area and under the waterslide - getting soaked on my way to the fitness centre while almost slipping on the wet floors. Once inside the fitness centre, even with them trying to improve breathing quality - being next to the pool will never solve the problem of the humidity as well as breathing in all that chlorine while working out. My asthma which rarely acts up has full blown issues after trying to use this fitness centre. I love working out for an hour with cardio and about 30 with weights. I barely can make it through a workout in this fitness centre.

I know that changing where the fitness centre is located is a large task but one that I think is necessary to make this hotel up to par with other hotels.

I'd hate to see myself have to reconsider where to stay when in Saskatoon, but for something that is part of my life, I may have to make this change. I will be sad to say goodbye to great service, rates and rooms!

Room Tip: Ask for Corner Room if you like windows and lighting! 19th floor rooms have a skylight which was ama...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SaskAdventurer
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for the kind words and feedback, as you mentioned the people here really are exceptional and they will be so pleased you commented on them. I am working with our owners as we discussed to relocate the fitness room, hopefully by the time your travels bring you back to the hotel I will have some good news as we definitely what to still be your home away from home when you come to the city.
White City
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We have stayed her a few times and have always enjoyed this hotel. Very clean rooms with great views. We have used gift certificates in the past as well as this time. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Our daughter loves the pool and you can't beat the heated underground parking for $15. It was over -50 when we stayed this past weekend. Will definitley be staying again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jaime S
Thank you so much for the kind review. I am so happy to see your enjoyed your time at the hotel. The pool is a wonderful place to share some laughs with family and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can assist in the future, feel free to contact me at the hotel.
Hudson Bay, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My family and I always stay at this location while visiting Saskatoon for appointments, events, or quick get-a-ways. However, our last stay was not so great. On the morning of our departure (we arrived late the previous evening) I discovered our shower wall was literally covered in long dark hair (not ours!) when I was about to shower--we had not used the shower yet. I'm a pretty understanding person, however, other people's hair is a little much plus there was enough that it wasn't easy to miss if a person was cleaning the shower wall. My husband spoke to the manager downstairs. She quickly called to apologize and said someone would be up shortly to clean our bathroom. After waiting 30 minutes without anyone coming, I went to the pool to watch our kids while my husband went to our room to get ready--assuming someone would likely be arriving or just finishing cleaning. After another 45 mins we headed up to our room because we had to leave the city soon. Nobody showed up to clean our bathroom. My husband cleaned the wall himself because he needed to shower and couldn't wait any longer. As we were leaving I went to speak to the manger at the front desk but she was not there. The employee I spoke with was already made aware of the situation. I expressed how nobody showed up to clean our bathroom or even inquire about what was wrong. He was quick to offer half off our stay but I did not find that satisfying. I really just wanted acknowledgement towards the problem. I left there feeling like I was just a complainer who likely just wanted a discount. How can a business correct errors that are not even looked at? I even took a photo to show but they were not interested in seeing it when I offered. Is it just easier to shut the customer up by offering a discount than correcting the problem? I was very disappointed in the service we received, especially since
we are loyal customers who stay and often eat at this hotel repeatedly.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Kdjj
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
I am so sorry that I let you down. I do recall meeting your husband that night by the pool and I had asked to have this looked after after I called you in the room but obviously it was not. Please know this is not the norm for the hotel, I work with an incredible group of associates that are committed and passionate about customer service and doing their jobs to the best of their ability, but sadly human error can occur on occasion. I certainly do not want you to feel that we do not care and please know we will use this as a training scenario in the future to coach our team to always anticipate and follow up on requests. Lesson learned as the General Manager, I must always follow up as well as people can at times get side tracked and miss on the recovery. Thank you for the valuable feedback and I do hope we will be lucky enough for a second chance to welcome you back in the future.