“Very good business hotel”

Radisson Hotel Saskatoon
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Calgary
“Very good business hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

My first trip ever to Saskatoon and my business put me up at the Radisson in the downtown core.

PROS:

-My corner room on the 15th floor had a lovely unobstructed view overlooking the river and was very quiet.
-The bed is VERY comfortable and the room is relatively small but well laid out and clean.
-Excellent service staff
-A better than usual hotel restaurant, at least for my low to mid-range hotel experiences on my business travels. I am unaccustomed to being put up at the Ritz.
-Excellent location pretty much right on the river in the core of downtown Saskatoon.

CONS:

-As is typical with many Radisson Hotels, this is a large and sprawling conference centre establishment. Great for conferences, not so great if you are looking for the intimate and personal feel of a boutique hotel. Don't count on the staff at the front desk to be greeting you by name.

-during my stay, there was an abundance of conferences happening (or at least one very large one) and the lobby and restaurant were consistently noisy and packed. Perhaps as a result of this, there were considerable difficulties with the elevator and waits were lengthy. One morning during my four day stay, I along with another guest waited for 12 minutes for an elevator on the fifteenth floor (that's a long time). It didn't come. We opted to take the stairs as we were both late. Did the stairs take us to the lobby? No. They led on the main floor to a door that said "fire exit only alarm will sound." So backtracked we did to the conference centre level. Did it come out on the conference centre? Yes but, into the staff kitchen. This is ridiculous. Why can't there be a normal set of stairs that opens to the expected public areas? Tonight, more problems with the elevator. It consistently timed out.

-As with all hotels, I wish they would also include a plain old cheap kettle in the room. Like many people these days I am a tea drinker. I travel with my own tea, and using the 'coffee makers' to boil water invariably results in tea that tastes like coffee. Not good.

-For my 5'1" frame, the sink in the bathroom is curiously high. Not too much counter space in the bathroom either, which on the whole does NOT have the most practical design.

-Why is it that most low-mid range hotels have THE MOST HIDEOUSLY CARPET EVER?

-The trek to the fitness centre is long and impersonal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review, the kind words about the hotel but more for the very valuable feedback. I am so sorry for the delay with the elevators, the hotel was full with a conference and we had many delegates in each rooms so there was definitely a lot of traffic for the elevators. But 12 minutes is far too long and I will follow up with our service provider. Guest feedback is a gift and we always use it to see the hotel through the eyes of our customers to improve our service and our product.
Patty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Campbell River, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed at this property for one night while attending a meeting in Saskatoon. The hotel is fantastic and the staff are friendly. The beds are so comfortable and the rooms extremely clean. This was my first stay at this hotel and they certainly exceeded my expectations. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend to anyone considering staying here!

Room Tip: The higher floors have great views!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words, we are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back.
Summer in Saskatoon is amazing with the Meewasin Trail right outside our front doors, perfect for relaxing walk after a long day at work.
Travel safe!
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

A well managed and run hotel. Staff are friendly and eager to service at the highest level of performance. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all YUM! Definitely, "the best pizza in the prairiies". Our corporation has made it our home in Saskatoon. Comfortable and clean accommodations. Don't miss Wednesday Night Pizza spectacular in the lounge!

Room Tip: Ask for river view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words George, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel to be your home away from home.
Take care and travel safe!
Swift Current, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I always have an excellent stay. Location is awesome and you can't beat the comfy beds and friendly staff. Favorite meal is the Padded Bra and their breakfast is great too. Only complaint would be that there's not a convenience store presently in the hotel but other than that I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed February 2014
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words and the vote of confidence in the team at the hotel, I will be sure to share with them, this will make them so proud.
We are all disappointed to see the gift shop close as we were the last full service hotel to have a full gift shop. I am looking to find someone else to lease the space but unfortunately not having much luck. I have however added 3 additional vending machines to stock the most common items our guests are looking for.
Thank you again for the review, travel safe!
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights for a work function! Our room had an amazing view of the city, and it was very clean. The bed was one of the comfiest I have ever slept in.
The service was outstanding! From the moment we checked in, they were very friendly and gave us great directions for places to check out. We ordered room service a few times, and they were very quick at getting the food/drinks to us. As well the housekeeping was very friendly and efficient. My favorite part about our stay was the bartender Jamie on Saturday night, she was awesome, she makes the best Old Fashioned we have ever had! We were too late to order food, so she sent us to this amazing 24hr restaurant called Megs, it was a great recommendation! We also visited with one of the cooks when he was off work, I believe his name was Davith (I spelled it wrong), he was the friendliest guy. AMAZING staff, amazing room! Everything was great! Thank you for the great stay :)

Room Tip: Room 1612 had an amazing view of the city at night!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you so much for the amazing review and kind words. Jamie and Davith along with the rest of the team are exception and I am so honored to work with them all. I will be sure to share with my teammates.
We look forward to welcoming you back and if you ever need assistance please contact me direct.
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I recently had an amazing stay at the Radisson Hotel Saskatoon. From check-in to check-out every staff member I encountered was kind, friendly, helpful, and passionate about customer service. They made me feel at home and like they were excited to have me stay with them. The hotel itself is beautiful and well-maintained. I had a clean, comfortable, and modern room with fantastic views. I had a fantastic sleep in a quiet room with an extremely comfortable bed. I stopped down from breakfast in Aroma in the morning and had a fabulous meal as always. I recommend the eggs benedict. Best I've ever had anywhere!
If you have never stayed at the Radisson Saskatoon you are definitely missing out on something. Give it a try on your next trip to Saskatoon as I'm sure you won't be disappointed!
Thanks for taking such good care of me Radisson staff!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review for the Radisson!. Your kind words have made my day and I will be sure to share with the entire team.
Travel safe and we hope to see you again soon.
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

been at the Rad now for a extended lenght of time and the service has been great, the staff make u feel right at home, this has been a great stay in Saskatoon. The rooms are always cleaned on time and house keeping is great. The food is always good with a good range of menu's try the home favorite Saskatoon Pickerel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the post Terry. It is our pleasure to be your home away from home and we look forward to welcoming you back!