“Good Location”

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Good Location”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We usually stay at the Radisson due to it's location. Because we stay so often, we get upgraded to the top floors where the views are great. The hotel needs to work on service however. Once, after many delayed flights, I got in at 2:00 a.m. in the morning and the young clerk told me I'd have to go back down to the underground car park to put the ticket on my dash. Really? Not only could that be unsafe, but it wasn't very helpful. I told him I'd take the ticket. There was another young man there at that very unbusy time who could have done that small favour for me.
I'm also a vegetarian. I know in this part of the world, that's not as common but why not have the vegetarian menu in the rooms. It was only after six stays did the young woman who delivered my vegi pizza say, "Oh, we actually have a vegetarian menu, do you want one?"
Last two gripes. Coffee in restaurant is very unspectacular. Why not have a great blend for us weary travellers. Radisson special blend.
How about movies in-room? Sometimes I'm tired and would just like to snuggle into the great beds (btw) and watch something reasonably current.
Overall, it wouldn't take much to make this a much better experience. Beds are great, staff is generally pleasant and helpful so I'll still stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tumbleweed
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for the review as well as the very valuable feedback. You are absolutely right regarding the parking pass and the veggitarian menu, 2 very simple fixes that could have been avoided. This is a wonderful review for me to share with my team so they understand and deliver the experience we promise our guests. I am truly grateful that you took the time to share with me as we learn from all feedback, that is critical.
Travel safe and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Patty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2014

stayed at the Radisson in the month of April 2014 while traveling for business. The location of the hotel was excellent being in the downtown area and also with the river nearby. I went for a evening walk in the park.

The receptionist (both at the check in and check out),were friendly. I didn't experience any other service, so wouldn't comment on it.

The entrance looks grand, the room was small compared to the other hotels that I have stayed at. The good thing was the coffee maker was not placed in the washroom. The bathroom had a old fashioned tub (don't get me wrong, I would have preferred a shower compartment, and they could have made use of the extra space). Overall, It looked cramped for space.

The room and washroom were clean with more than enough towels.

There was no complimentary breakfast which was a put off.(specially after paying almost $200).

Recommendation: Alright place to stay. A bit expensive, I would say.

Room Tip: Overall OK. No complimentary breakfast.
1 Thank AjithMathew
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words about the hotel and service and equally for the very valuable feedback. We really do appreciate seeing the hotel through the eyes of our guests.
For the future we have several different rooms types to select from and all of our King rooms have the shower only feature as we have guests as well that prefer the tub only so we have tried to find a balance.
If you have a chance to visit our web site we have many packages, such as the Bed and Breakfast packages as well as the Saskatoon Experience package that offer some amazing values to help with the travel budget. Once again, thank you for the feedback.
Travel safe and enjoy the upcoming summer, after the long winter we are all excited to see the sun.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Had a "stay cation" to get away for a night... Hot tub not working, no room service menu, (had to request one and robes) no in room movies very poor room service menu not a lot of selection.

Good location that's about it. The hall to the pool /spa smelled very musty was very unappealing, elevator was very slow to the 3rd floor... Light would go off no elevator would not arrive after several tries to call an elevator. No gift shop? Spa services? Limited parking very tight for full size vehicle .

Won't return very disappointed

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank littlesweetdee
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review, we truly do appreciate all feedback.
I am so sorry your staycation was a disappointment and honestly shocked, as we have so much more to offer then the perception we left you with. I would love to speak to you in person and invite you to contact me direct for additional information so that I can follow up.
Melfort, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed. Booked online, didn't receive the room we booked and had to pay more than what we would have had to pay if we had just walked in that day. Said they gave us free parking but really the online booking said we were supposed to get free parking. Got a phone call a MIDNIGHT from staff about misplacing my room service receipt waking up my two little kids. House keeping left their dirty rags on my desk with my food...used to be my favourite hotel.. Not so much after this... Very disappointed. The rooms are clean though. Pool is nice.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Acidfly
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
I am so sorry for the disappointment, although I appreciate your comments about the clean room and nice pool area, I am very concerned that we have lost your trust and the right to be your favorite hotel in Saskatoon. I do hope you will contact me direct at the hotel so I can investigate the rate discrepancy and correct any billing error that occurred as well as get additional details about the late night call to your guest room from room service. Please accept my sincere apology. I hope we can speak in person.
Travel safe!
Calgary
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My first trip ever to Saskatoon and my business put me up at the Radisson in the downtown core.

PROS:

-My corner room on the 15th floor had a lovely unobstructed view overlooking the river and was very quiet.
-The bed is VERY comfortable and the room is relatively small but well laid out and clean.
-Excellent service staff
-A better than usual hotel restaurant, at least for my low to mid-range hotel experiences on my business travels. I am unaccustomed to being put up at the Ritz.
-Excellent location pretty much right on the river in the core of downtown Saskatoon.

CONS:

-As is typical with many Radisson Hotels, this is a large and sprawling conference centre establishment. Great for conferences, not so great if you are looking for the intimate and personal feel of a boutique hotel. Don't count on the staff at the front desk to be greeting you by name.

-during my stay, there was an abundance of conferences happening (or at least one very large one) and the lobby and restaurant were consistently noisy and packed. Perhaps as a result of this, there were considerable difficulties with the elevator and waits were lengthy. One morning during my four day stay, I along with another guest waited for 12 minutes for an elevator on the fifteenth floor (that's a long time). It didn't come. We opted to take the stairs as we were both late. Did the stairs take us to the lobby? No. They led on the main floor to a door that said "fire exit only alarm will sound." So backtracked we did to the conference centre level. Did it come out on the conference centre? Yes but, into the staff kitchen. This is ridiculous. Why can't there be a normal set of stairs that opens to the expected public areas? Tonight, more problems with the elevator. It consistently timed out.

-As with all hotels, I wish they would also include a plain old cheap kettle in the room. Like many people these days I am a tea drinker. I travel with my own tea, and using the 'coffee makers' to boil water invariably results in tea that tastes like coffee. Not good.

-For my 5'1" frame, the sink in the bathroom is curiously high. Not too much counter space in the bathroom either, which on the whole does NOT have the most practical design.

-Why is it that most low-mid range hotels have THE MOST HIDEOUSLY CARPET EVER?

-The trek to the fitness centre is long and impersonal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review, the kind words about the hotel but more for the very valuable feedback. I am so sorry for the delay with the elevators, the hotel was full with a conference and we had many delegates in each rooms so there was definitely a lot of traffic for the elevators. But 12 minutes is far too long and I will follow up with our service provider. Guest feedback is a gift and we always use it to see the hotel through the eyes of our customers to improve our service and our product.
Travel Safe!
Campbell River, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed at this property for one night while attending a meeting in Saskatoon. The hotel is fantastic and the staff are friendly. The beds are so comfortable and the rooms extremely clean. This was my first stay at this hotel and they certainly exceeded my expectations. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend to anyone considering staying here!

Room Tip: The higher floors have great views!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words, we are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back.
Summer in Saskatoon is amazing with the Meewasin Trail right outside our front doors, perfect for relaxing walk after a long day at work.
Travel safe!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2014

A well managed and run hotel. Staff are friendly and eager to service at the highest level of performance. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all YUM! Definitely, "the best pizza in the prairiies". Our corporation has made it our home in Saskatoon. Comfortable and clean accommodations. Don't miss Wednesday Night Pizza spectacular in the lounge!

Room Tip: Ask for river view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words George, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel to be your home away from home.
Take care and travel safe!