“Disappointed”

Radisson Hotel Saskatoon
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We go to Saskatoon quite often and stayed a few times at the Hilton, we wanted to try something new then we stayed at the Radisson.

Unfortunately I didnt really like our stay at the Radisson compare on what we use to have at the Hilton.
Beds are comfy, washroom is okay, but there is no fridge on the room (whoever I ask for one and they brought us an old and very small fridge), we had a view of nothing from the room, there was only like 5 channels working on the tv and there was only one elevator working so most of time we had to take the stairs or wait 20minutes to go up and down...
Lobby area isnt too nice, as there is only 2 couches, so if we need to sit and wait for the elevators or anything else, there isnt really a place to sit...

Parking also was terrible, as the parking is way too small as the hotel was super busy ... we had to keep driving around for a long time to find a place to park.

Pool area and restaurant at the hotel were nice.
Location is good, but for the price I would definitely recommend stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: For what you pay....I would definitely recommend stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Dizzy951
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for the kind words and 4 stars for service and cleanliness as well as the very valuable feedback. I am sorry you found the parking lot difficult to move around in, there are three layers to the lot and with larger vehicles there are some corners that require the driver to slow down and turn sharply. The building was built in the 80’s and perhaps the original builder assumed cars would get smaller in the future. We keep the lot well lite and clearly marked to assist with navigating the turns. I apologies for the delays with elevator service, I recall a date in June that we have two elevators down for a couple hours one evening and we called in our service provider and had both back in service the same day. Unfortunately as in any business things can go wrong and break down. We have very clear policies and direction in place to have issues corrected as soon as possible to not impact the guest stay. I am sorry if we failed you on this occasion.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Saskatoon

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were in town so my husband can compete in the race run so we opted to stay close by.
First off we checked prices online, but he decided to go in and book as we had our little guy with us getting fussy in the car. The online price was cheaper then at the counter, when he questioned it they said all the standard rooms were booked up.
After we got to the room I checked online and could still book the room for a cheaper price.
Our son is just over a year and crawling. Now I hate him crawling on a hotel floor, but what can you do he refuses to be held. And we've stayed at hotels where he's crawled around before and stayed clean. Not here, after 10 minutes his knees were black from the filthy carpet. Under the ac unit there are wrappers and beer bottle caps.
We had to ask 2 times for a playpen to be delivered (it arrived around 8pm) so he missed his afternoon nap.
We so asked at the front desk for the bathroom door to be fixed when we got back to the room maintenance was just finishing up he left a screw and oily marks on our towel in the bathroom which fine well get a clean towel but there was also a sharp screw left on the carpet luckily I found it before my very curious son decided to put it in his mouth.
The front desk staff was very friendly at least.
The hotel is way over priced and there isn't even a continental breakfast included, we've stayed at hotels for 2/3 the cost that had clean floors and had a continental breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank SmallFamm
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

I was shocked when I read your comments regarding cleanliness as this is definitely not what I am accustom to reading. I will follow up today as I can identify the room you were in by the delivery logs. My sincerest apologies for this and the late delivery of the play pen. Thank you for the comments regarding the front office team, the people here are exceptional and we value all guest comments. Feedback allows us to grow and improve and we are grateful for all opportunities identified.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I must say that this hotel is or is about the best you can find in saskatoon, its clean very updated and over all its just plain about the best place to stay if your staying at a hotel and not at home.We drove up to the cher concert and stayed overnight at this hotel and in the morning i kinda just wanted to say a bit longer. if you pick this hotel to say at well you only got the the best that saskatoon can offer . Did i mention that the service was great and the people were well let see if i can describe the people hmmmmm fantastic i will not stay any where eles but here.

Room Tip: they are all good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you so much for the 5 Star review and very kind words regarding the service and the hotel. I have the pleasure of working with exception people and they are truly the greatest strength we have. I will be sure to share with my colleagues as I know they will be thrilled to read we are your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

On short notice, we decided that we would have an evening on the town. I took my boyfriend there for his birthday and was impressed with the service both at the front desk and room service. Definitely would go back again! We look forward to seeing you again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for the 5 Star review, I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed at the Radisson for 3 nights from June 26-29. No issues to complain about. Room was clean, bed was comfy and the air conditioning worked great. The size of the room was average for North American hotels. The hotel is located next to the river and only blocks away from shopping, restaurants and the movies.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a 4 Star review. We really do appreciate the kind words and feedback.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Back in February, I stayed here for the first time while my son played in a hockey tournament. It was an excellent stay, and when I received a guest satisfaction survey a few days later, I was very complimentary. I stated that the only thing that could have made it better was if there had been a fridge in the room, but it certainly didn't deter from our weekend. I was pleasantly surprised when, just a few hours later I received an e-mail from the manager assuring me that on my next visit, there would be a fridge in the room! Talk about listening to your customers! This past weekend, I returned to Saskatoon for a girls weekend. I loved the warm welcome at reception from Jared, and although to some people it might seem like a small thing, I love that I was called by my name and treated like a valued customer. This time there was a fridge in the room! Everything was perfect the entire weekend. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and it is very quiet. Our room was right across from the elevators, so I thought we might hear all the comings and goings, but we didn't hear a thing. This was also an exceptionally busy weekend in the city, with all hotels sold out, so I was concerned about parking, but we never had an issue with that either. We had drinks in the lounge, ate twice in the fabulous restaurant, and everywhere we went we were treated like valued guests. I truly appreciate that, and I know that from now on, when in Saskatoon, I will be staying at the Radisson.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have travelled a lot on business and always stay at the Radisson in Saskatoon because it feels like I am going home. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Rarely us there a concern, but if there is the concern is quickly remedied

• Stayed: May 2014
pschweighardt, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Shelly P.
Thank you so much for the 5 Star review and your continued support of the hotel and kind words.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.
Have a great summer.