“Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Winnipeg, Canada
“Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel for its location when I am traveling for business. It's a clean and comfy hotel as well. It's a little dated, but a elegant hotel for its time. The steak house within is very good as well. I always try and stay here when I can and the staff are always fantastic.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GMDale, General Manager at Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Hello restless2travel, thank you for making us your home away from home when you are visiting Saskatoon. We appreciate you taking the time to connect with us and we are very grateful for your support. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Melville, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

very pleased with my stay of 4 nights, great hospitality, lounge, dining room and restaurant food was great as well as the servers, thought the restaurant was a bit pricey but overall was a great atmosphere and very helpful and polite workers, close to where I was training so could walk down the block and my van was kept warm and secure in the parkade while I enjoyed my stay,,thumbs up, great job everyone

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greetings Nancy k, and thank you for your great review. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated as we are continually striving for excellence in customer service. We look forward to connecting with you again at the Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon.
Winnipeg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We normally stay with family when visiting Saskatoon, however, this was not possible for the first part of our visit so we opted to spend a few days at the Sheraton. We arrived about 9 p.m. on a Friday evening. We had to park in a very small area outside the front entrance. Check in was relatively quick. We were given directions to the underground parkade, however, it was full, so I had to park on the outside lot, a considerable distance away from the hotel entrance; it meant going around to the front of the hotel by way of the alley that one takes to get to either the underground parkade or outside lot. Note that the parkade has a 6’ height limit so forget it for large pickups, etc. After walking back to the hotel front entrance, I met my wife and we went up to our room. We had a river-facing room on the Club floor so card access is required. The room (712) was an ‘AAA Club Lounge’ room, and the description on the confirmation email stated a room size of “23 sq m / 250 sq ft to 39 sq m / 415 sq ft”. I am not sure whether we had thought we were going to get the 39 sq m / 415 sq ft room but clearly, this room was on the small side. One very odd thing we found upon entering the room was a large column between the bed and the bathroom; it looks structural, however, we were very surprised that it blocked the way. I can tell you that getting up during the night to use the bathroom and then returning to bed was a bit tricky to avoid running into the column. The bed was a king, quite comfortable but with only soft pillows; there is no pillow menu. There is a computer chair, work desk with outlets, Ethernet connection for complimentary high-speed Internet access (Wi-Fi is also included), TV, dresser, end tables, lounge chair and Ottoman and a coffee bar on top of a mini-bar. Curiously, we were not given the key to the mini-bar (had to ask for it the following day). The bathroom is quite small with only a walk-in shower; my spouse was very disappointed with the lack of a tub. Amenities are very good quality and plentiful. A hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and a laptop safe are also included. The safe is located in a somewhat small closet just outside the bathroom. Hangars are supplied just not enough. A Club Lounge room also comes with access to the Club Lounge (aptly named) on the 8th floor. Complimentary continental breakfast is provided, coffee all day and complimentary hors d’oeuvres are served during the evening (with a cash bar). The breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of items; our only issue was that the hot food items were only barely warm. Within the Lounge room is also a computer and printer so airline check-ins and printing of boarding passes can also be done. We used the Lounge for supper on the Sunday night and the selection of hors d'oeuvres was excellent. I had lunch with some family members in the Windows restaurant and the meal was very good. We did not do much the first day, just relaxed with family and my spouse shopped. There is a very good steakhouse in the hotel called Carver’s; we dined there on the Saturday (see my review also on this site). The rest of our stay involved a trip out of town on the Sunday and check out Monday. The only really serious issue we encountered was the noise from wedding receptions that were held on the Saturday and Sunday nights of our stay. In addition, on the Sunday night, there were very noisy wedding guests partying in the room next to ours. Hotel management did deal with the problem but it really spoiled what was otherwise a pretty good stay; our account was adjusted for the inconvenience. We cannot comment on any of hotel’s amenities, bars or pool areas as we did not use them. All in all it was a good stay. We would probably stay here again but only if the room on the Club floor (7th) was well away from the elevators and the 8th floor reception room. Make sure you check in early to get underground parking, especially during winter.

Room Tip: For the Club Lounge rooms, get one that is on the north side of the floor to avoid noise from the el...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank pegcruiser
Dear pegcruiser, thank you for taking the time to connect with us about your stay. I am sorry that you were not informed about our 24 hour complimentary valet service, as they would have been happy to park your vehicle for you. We also have different room types, some of them have bathtubs and others are only showers. When reserving a room with in house reservations you can request different room types based on the various amenities each has to offer. Thank you for your review and we look forward to connecting with you again.
London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Sheraton for several days as it's best feature was it's close proximity to Midtown Plaza Mall, where I would be training a team. While the rooms were clean and the attached restaurants had delicious food (impressive in-room dining menu and Starbucks lattes in the lobby!) the shower in my room would not get hot. I was advised to let it run for several minutes, but even after 15 minutes it was lukewarm at best. My first morning, after a chilly shower I let the front desk know and they told me a tech would go look into it that day. I returned back to my hotel that evening and the issue had not been resolved, nor had a tech actually shown up apparently. I was not offered another room, nor any accommodating services. I had to request another room on my floor to shower in the following morning, however this shower was marginally better, and the guest service representative appeared put out by this request to boot. However, I was assured that the issue would be resolved that evening while I was at work. I returned at 10pm that evening and even after letting it run another 15 mins, no hot water. I gave up at this point, called down to the front desk, expressed my frustration and asked for at least a complimentary breakfast before my early flight back that morning, of which they obliged. But I have to say that no effort was made on the part if the hotel staff to ensure I was a satisfied patron, and it is this experience that I will remember. Cold and a little grubby, but at least I ate.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mberilli, I am sorry to hear about your experience while you stayed with us. I apologize that this situation was not rectified sooner, depending on our occupancy we may not have been able to relocate you but a maintenance associate should have come to look into it. I am glad that you enjoyed some of the many outlets we have to offer. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.