“Excellant except for paying to park.”

Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon Hotel
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
“Excellant except for paying to park.”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The updated rooms are very nice. In fact It was my best hotel sleep ever. The new rooms are very modern.

My beef is with the parking. I was asked if I needed a parking ticket. Of course I did, as would 99% of the guests. $15 per day on top of an already very pricey room is highway robbery. You have a hotel, provide the guests with free parking. We got underground, but it is a very small garage, so there's a good chance you'll park outside, where vandalism could easily occur. There is nothing about the parking worth $15. Parking is a "to be expected", not an upcharge. Because of this I highly doubt we will ever be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
GMDale, General Manager at Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Farmer1974, I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with regards to our parking fee. We do have different types of rooms, some of these include parking as well as other benefits, however because of our location downtown we are bound to charge for parking as do the competitors surrounding us.

I am glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your sleep on the Sweet Sleeper Beds. These are extremely comfortable, and help to make our guests relax while staying away from home.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Got home today and a few hours after paying my correct bill I was emailed a revised bill for in room refreshment charges!!!! We did NOT access anything in room (they use an old school key and lock system so there is no way to accidently access fridge).
It was a nice stay but ruins a good trip when you come home to face this. It seems to be a problem at this hotel and you would think after a $700+ weekend they would not have to try and scam you on the extra charges you didn't actually make.
Will make me reconsider staying here again.

Room Tip: If you have kids upgrade to club as reg rooms are WAY too small for more than 2 people.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
GMDale, General Manager at Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Apilotnurse, thank you for posting your review after your recent stay with us. I was very sorry to see your comments about a charge being incorrectly applied to your bill after your departure. It is unfortunate that was you final experience with us and I can appreciate how it negatively impacted your overall stay.

I would request you please contact me at daleg@sheratonsaskatoon.com or 306-667-0170 and I will be happy to correct our error immediately.

Regards,

Dale Grant
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We spent Boxing Day at the Sheraton. Loved the "new look" of the lobby and hotel rooms. Staff were all very friendly, service was outstanding.
We spent the day at the pool, water sliding. Tons of fun.....great for families with young children to have the kiddie pool. Bed was super comfy, room was spotless. Great location overlooking Meewasin Skating rink.

NKB

Room Tip: River view is lovely.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Greetings NKB2014, I am glad you like our newly renovated product! Our water park is one of the best in Saskatoon, and is great for everyone, especially those who love to water-slide! Thank you for taking the time to write us. We are very grateful for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon!
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My favorite place to stay in Saskatoon is the Sheraton Cavalier and has been for many years for both business and pleasure. Staff are awesome and they keep the facility modern. My recent stay I was once again wowed when I got upgraded to a suite at no additional cost. Staff, facility, food are all great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Tara K, thank you for letting us know we are your favorite hotel in Saskatoon whether it is business or pleasure. We cater to all types of travellers; our accomodating staff are available to help guests in need and always strive for excellence. Thank you for taking the time to connect with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sasaktoon.
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here in August, and had a really great experience. The hotel is recently renovated, with very nice modern finishings in the common areas. Our check-in was quick, with very friendly and helpful service.

Our room itself was gorgeous - very clean and nicely decorated. We loved the big shower and bathroom setup. The ceiling height was amazing, and gave a sense of grandeur of a building its age. The room was a little tight, but not much can be done in an older building.

We will absolutely stay here again - our new favourite in Saskatoon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Greetings Markp30, I am glad to hear how much you liked our newly renovated product, in both our public spaces and guest rooms. Thank you for taking the time to share with us your great experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon in the future!
canada
Reviewed 25 December 2013

My daughter and I shared a nice, newly renovated room for two nights. Very stylishly decorated. We also lucked into a beautiful view of the river and Bessborough hotel. One thing I will say is that it is fortunate we are petite girls. If we had any girth to us, it would be a challenge to fit into the room. We had one king bed, but there is not much else can fit in that room. The space was clean --- my main concern. I must say it is not cheap to stay here. For a nice, but certainly not luxury hotel, it is $250 by the time you pay taxes, parking etc. We pay less than that in Maui for a beach front, two bedroom, luxury condo. Seriously??? This is Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Not exactly a vacation mecca. Most people are there for a reason - business, family etc. Lower the price and they might attract some people looking to explore the city. Maybe --- in warmer temperatures.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bkjjk
Dear bkjjk, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and the beautiful view that can be seen from the River view rooms. Due to demand in Saskatoon currently, rates all over the city have gone up to remain competitive in the market. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Western Canada
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stay here 15+ times per year on business and have stayed at Sheratons all over North America and Europe. Staff are great, perfect downtown location, most of rooms have now been updated, the club lounge is as good any anywhere globally. The underground heated parkade is best - the above ground outdoor parking around back is ok. Prices are definitely among the more expensive in Saskatoon. Fitness room is good. The waterpark is the best hotel waterpark I've ever seen in any hotel anywhere - great for kids. You can't go wrong here!

Room Tip: As for a river view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hello FamilyTravellers2008, I am pleased to hear how much you enjoy our property. Thank you for all the kind words, we truly have an amazing staff that try to make everyone’s stay special. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our great water park; it is one of the best in the city. We look forward to connecting with you soon!