Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Delta Hotels Bessborough(Saskatoon)
US$96
US$98
US$92
Agoda.com
All reviewsfront desktcu placebreakfast buffetnice hotellobby areacomfortable roomhotel staffhot tubbusiness tripjacuzzi suitefridge and microwavepleasant staythe riverconvenient locationunderground parkingparking lotstarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Checking in can be tricky --I found myself half on and half off the street during rush hour as I attempted to drive up to the Hotel Entrance. There is only room for two cars if they park adjacent to one another in the center, otherwise 6 can park in the semi-circular driveway. Better signage about parking rules would help. You have to drive around the block to gain access if coming of Idelwyld. Parking is a bit of a pain. Choice of a surface lot next door which does not work too well at 35 below. Your are charged $15 for this pleasant experience. The underground parking is a long block away. They do have Valet parking but it is not visible right away. Otherwise it is an acceptable place to stay with decent rooms and service. If you are looking for the Ritz; this isn't it , but it is a step up from most the hotels outside the downtown core.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Hello John, Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. We value your business and your feedback! I do appreciate your comments regarding parking and access and agree our valet parking service (no additional charge) is by far the best experience for our guests and I hope we will have the opportunity to provide this on a future stay. I also wanted to mention that we are continuing our room renvoations in 2014 and hope you will have a chance to experience our new look on your next visit. Thank you again!

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Really good choice while visiting Saskatoon.

I was here in the winter so I appreciated the proximity to the mall, the downtown attractions, convention centre, and nightlife.

Other things making this place special are the superb staff who are incredibly helpful and friendly, and they will go out of their way to help you.

I LOVED the bed firmness adjuster!!!!!!!!

The only thing lacking was a bit of sustainability here; there are no mugs and glasses in the rooms, only several one-use disposable cups individually wrapped in plastic :P

• Stayed: December 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and in particular your kind comments regarding our team members. They are indeed committed to providing a very warma and genuine experience for our guests! I noted your comment regarding the cups and glassware and indeed these environmentally friendly cups are the new Hilton Garden Inn brand standard. However we would be more tnan pleased to provide china and glassware in the future. Thank you again and we look forward to being of service on your next visit to Saskatoon!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed here four nights for business and wasn't disappointed with the this HGI property. As a HHonors gold member I had access to a high floor room which gave me a great view of downtown Saskatoon (it looked cold out there). Their Garden Inn lounge area on the first floor offered a nice ambience with the fireplace and view of the street. Having a Starbucks right there in the lobby was a plus.

The restaurant staff were very friendly. Food-wise it was okay. The fitness room was very small but equipped well enough.

Overall I had a good stay at this property.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! As a valued HHonors member we appreciate your feeddback! I am pleased you enjoyed our amenities and service. I did want to let you know that we are planning an expansion to our fitness centre in 2014. Thank you and we look forward to being of continued service in Saskatoon!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I found this Hotel to be very clean, the staff were outstanding and most helpful, right from my arrival, to the cleaning staff, room service was great, timely, and checking out was fast and efficient.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Clarissa, Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope we will have the opportunity to be of service again in the near future. Thanks again!

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We are at the Hilton right now. We had a few bumps just making the reservation. My husband phoned once to make the reservation. He never received a confirmation so he phoned in and checked if he actually had a reservation. He was told no he diid not so he made another reservation which we did get a confirmation. When we arrived today we had two reservations. They did make it right for us as they should have since it was their screw up. Our room was as advertised and clean however we were here to attend a banquet. We were one of the last 12 tables to fill our plates and they had run out most of the food. We ate 1 hour past our scheduled time and there was no food. We were hungry and not happy. This is totally unacceptable. I was going to give this hotel a great review but I can't because a professional catering department would have had enough food.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Hello and thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues in locating your first reservation but am glad to hear this was appropriately handled at check in. Please accept our sincere apologies for the shortage of some of the food at the banquet you attended. You are absolutely correct - this is unacceptable. I would appreciate it if you could contact me directly to discuss and we would like to offer some compensation. I can be reached by email at lynn.flury@hilton.com. Thank you again.