“Enjoyable Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Regina, Canada
“Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 4 nights while on a business trip in November. Overall, I had a very good stay - the rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable, and the staff were all very friendly. The front desk staff were kind enough to provide me with a late check out on my last day. The hotel was also a great venue for the conference that I attended - there are plenty of meeting rooms and the catered food was quite good.

I do agree with other reviewers about improvements needed to the temporary parking spaces available for check in. I had a lot of luggage with me, as I was setting up a poster presentation the next day, so I needed to take 3 trips to bring all of my stuff up to the hotel room. I had to leave my car parked outside by the entry way of the hotel, and I was very lucky that there was only one other car parked out front so there was room. There is a charge for parking, but it is significantly reduced compared to what was being charged by the Midtown Plaza - I believe that it was $15/day. It was really nice to park underground, although it would be even nicer if there was access to the underground parking lot through the hotel so that you don't have to go outside at all to reach your car.

My one other complaint is about the noise between rooms. I could hear absolutely everything that the person in the room next to me was doing - including every single word between her and a visitor, and her cough which kept me up at night. I would have expected better sound proofing between rooms. This is the main reason why I gave the hotel a 4 star rating rather than 5 stars.

Otherwise, I did enjoy my stay and would definitely consider returning to the hotel again, especially if I am attending meetings in the downtown area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Hello Carolyn, Thank you for the review of our hotel. We value your business and your feedback! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay although have certainly noted your comments regarding parking etc. I do hope you will take advantage of our valet parking on your next visit. I apologize as well that we did not provide assistance with unloading your vehicle. Again, thank you and I hope we will have the opportunity to be of service again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I had a great stay at this Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel is clean and was a very quiet night stay. The staff are very helpful and very friendly. Thank you so much for such a great night away from home. I hope to stay again sometime real soon.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Cindy, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to being of continued service! Please don't hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance. Thank you again!
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This was a nice hotel in a great location, but for a HIlton I expected better. The rooms were nice, but a little dated although they had a good bathroom area and nice hairdryer. The pillows were flat and small and there was no choice of bedding so we were either too hot or too cold. However, we appreciated the great staff and valet parking which was especially valuable during a winter storm with very low temperatures.

It was cold and icy and the front entrance area was extremely slippery on the tile. They had some carpeting out, but I was surprised that some very slick tiled areas were still exposed and I thought they were dangerous.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello and thank you for reviewing our hotel. We value your business and your feedback! We will be sure to address your concerns and appreciate you bringing these to our attention. I am pleased to let you know we are continuing our room renovatons in 2014. I am glad you enjoyed our location, our service and our valet parking! Thank you again and I hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again in the near future.
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Checking in can be tricky --I found myself half on and half off the street during rush hour as I attempted to drive up to the Hotel Entrance. There is only room for two cars if they park adjacent to one another in the center, otherwise 6 can park in the semi-circular driveway. Better signage about parking rules would help. You have to drive around the block to gain access if coming of Idelwyld. Parking is a bit of a pain. Choice of a surface lot next door which does not work too well at 35 below. Your are charged $15 for this pleasant experience. The underground parking is a long block away. They do have Valet parking but it is not visible right away. Otherwise it is an acceptable place to stay with decent rooms and service. If you are looking for the Ritz; this isn't it , but it is a step up from most the hotels outside the downtown core.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Hello John, Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. We value your business and your feedback! I do appreciate your comments regarding parking and access and agree our valet parking service (no additional charge) is by far the best experience for our guests and I hope we will have the opportunity to provide this on a future stay. I also wanted to mention that we are continuing our room renvoations in 2014 and hope you will have a chance to experience our new look on your next visit. Thank you again!
Vancouver
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Really good choice while visiting Saskatoon.

I was here in the winter so I appreciated the proximity to the mall, the downtown attractions, convention centre, and nightlife.

Other things making this place special are the superb staff who are incredibly helpful and friendly, and they will go out of their way to help you.

I LOVED the bed firmness adjuster!!!!!!!!

The only thing lacking was a bit of sustainability here; there are no mugs and glasses in the rooms, only several one-use disposable cups individually wrapped in plastic :P

• Stayed December 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and in particular your kind comments regarding our team members. They are indeed committed to providing a very warma and genuine experience for our guests! I noted your comment regarding the cups and glassware and indeed these environmentally friendly cups are the new Hilton Garden Inn brand standard. However we would be more tnan pleased to provide china and glassware in the future. Thank you again and we look forward to being of service on your next visit to Saskatoon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here four nights for business and wasn't disappointed with the this HGI property. As a HHonors gold member I had access to a high floor room which gave me a great view of downtown Saskatoon (it looked cold out there). Their Garden Inn lounge area on the first floor offered a nice ambience with the fireplace and view of the street. Having a Starbucks right there in the lobby was a plus.

The restaurant staff were very friendly. Food-wise it was okay. The fitness room was very small but equipped well enough.

Overall I had a good stay at this property.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! As a valued HHonors member we appreciate your feeddback! I am pleased you enjoyed our amenities and service. I did want to let you know that we are planning an expansion to our fitness centre in 2014. Thank you and we look forward to being of continued service in Saskatoon!
Whitewood, Canada
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I found this Hotel to be very clean, the staff were outstanding and most helpful, right from my arrival, to the cleaning staff, room service was great, timely, and checking out was fast and efficient.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Clarissa, Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope we will have the opportunity to be of service again in the near future. Thanks again!