“Helpful staff, clean, good location, pool a problem.”

Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel 3 nights and were quite pleased with most things. Staff helpful, food was quite good. Pillows could be softer. Only problem was the set of stairs part-way in the pool, totally submerged, marked with a dark blue stripe in the bottom and a rope with buoys on the shallow side. When swimming in large part of pool the first time I banged my knee quite hard. Should be signs indicating submerged stairs or a rope on the deep side to stop swimmers from banging into them.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your business and your feedback and we will certainly have a look at how we can improve this situation! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay otherwise and we look forward to being of service in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact me, and thank you again!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This hotel is among my favourite hotels. A very nice sitting area with comfortable chairs with a fire place next to the main entrance, if you feel like working outside the room or read quietly a book. Also a Starbucks right in the lobby next to the sitting area. All hotels should have a sitting area like that one. The staff is friendly. I also really like have a nice coffee machine in the room. They have one of those machines that brew coffee with a pud (Keurig in all rooms). I've also always had excellent night sleep onto their comfortable beds. I think they are pillow top beds (new renovated rooms). You can also find outlets in the room to recharge your electronics. No need to move the night stands next to the bed to find an outlet. I think that this hotel needs to be discovered. I've never tried their restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. Located on higher floors
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank DDM246

Hello and thank you for your lovely feedback! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to continuing to be of service in Saskatoon. Please feel free to contact me if I may provide any assistance. Thank you again!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I recently stayed here for only one night! I love the location right across from the downtown mall! The staff were very helpful and friendly and covered all the need to know topics including the adjustable beds (softer-firmer) Parking was 15 dollars and some cents this included the price reduction had we not stayed at the hotel so I was pretty happy about that. The hotel was also very clean (im a germ freak) I also orded in room dining (breakfast) it was quick hot and sooo yummy. The business center that is free!! was also pretty awesome if you wanted to use it for facebook or needed to print anything off and with a mini starbucks right inside the hotel lobby. Would recommend to anyone and stay there again anytime!

Room Tip: Comes with a fridge and microwave and keurig.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Hello Andrea, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us! We look forward to being of service again - please don't hesitate to contact me if I may provide any assistance. Thanks again!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Hotel is average at best, front desk staff were helpful. Room was very loud and could hear every door close, and all activity in other rooms and hall. Maybe some sound deadeners on the doors would help? Also, took cleaning staff forever to get all the rooms clean.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Hello Curtis, Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We value your feedback! I apologize for the issues with noise and for the delay in cleaning your room. We are in the process of adjusting all the door closures to reduce the door latches, and I also wanted to let you know that our guest room renovations will continue this year. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to earn your loyalty in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance. Thank you again.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Hotel easy to get to, Valet parking if wanted, very clean lobby and rooms. Staff friendly and helpful, Breakfast buffet ok but didnt know that omlette or waffle could be made until after picked up food as person doing this not there at time, Seems like someone should say something when you sit down and they ask what you are having. Food at buffet cold, but variety good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Gary, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value your business and your feedback. I appreciate your comments regarding the buffet breakfast as we can take steps to improve this! I am pleased you enjoyed our locaton and our team members, and we hope to be of service again in the near future. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance! Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very nice stay here. Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay downtown Saskatoon. Really enjoyed the pool and hot tub here. The best part about this hotels location was how easy it was to walk the streets and get food and beverages right out the front doors. It was also very close to the Odeon theatre which was a huge plus.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Hello Pete, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to being of service again in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance. Thank you again!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 4 nights while on a business trip in November. Overall, I had a very good stay - the rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable, and the staff were all very friendly. The front desk staff were kind enough to provide me with a late check out on my last day. The hotel was also a great venue for the conference that I attended - there are plenty of meeting rooms and the catered food was quite good.

I do agree with other reviewers about improvements needed to the temporary parking spaces available for check in. I had a lot of luggage with me, as I was setting up a poster presentation the next day, so I needed to take 3 trips to bring all of my stuff up to the hotel room. I had to leave my car parked outside by the entry way of the hotel, and I was very lucky that there was only one other car parked out front so there was room. There is a charge for parking, but it is significantly reduced compared to what was being charged by the Midtown Plaza - I believe that it was $15/day. It was really nice to park underground, although it would be even nicer if there was access to the underground parking lot through the hotel so that you don't have to go outside at all to reach your car.

My one other complaint is about the noise between rooms. I could hear absolutely everything that the person in the room next to me was doing - including every single word between her and a visitor, and her cough which kept me up at night. I would have expected better sound proofing between rooms. This is the main reason why I gave the hotel a 4 star rating rather than 5 stars.

Otherwise, I did enjoy my stay and would definitely consider returning to the hotel again, especially if I am attending meetings in the downtown area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hello Carolyn, Thank you for the review of our hotel. We value your business and your feedback! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay although have certainly noted your comments regarding parking etc. I do hope you will take advantage of our valet parking on your next visit. I apologize as well that we did not provide assistance with unloading your vehicle. Again, thank you and I hope we will have the opportunity to be of service again in the near future.