“Saskatoon Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbia, United States
“Saskatoon Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

An excellent place to stay, supported by a wonderful and very professional and personable staff! It is a pleasure to be remembered by staff after a quite long absence. The cleanliness of the facility and the professionalism of the staff make an excellent place to stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to continuing to be your hotel of choice in Saskatoon! Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel was very well located, even though it was a bit off of the downtown core. The room was spacious and clean, and in a very quiet area. Had smoke free rooms, always a bonus. Did not have the opportunity to test run the restaurant as I was visiting family in the area but the menu certainly looked inviting.

Room Tip: Look online if possible to see room layout and always pick a non smoking room even if you do smoke...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
perry s, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear guest:

Thank you so much for making the Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown your hotel of choice during your stay in the Saskatoon area.

Our team is quite thrilled with your excellent feedback and review of our hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Perry Singh, CCSM
Director of Rooms
Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel was nice, our room was great and the staff were awesome. However I cannot believe we had to pay 45.00 for parking after paying 180.00+ for our room. I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Canada and the US and this is the first time I have ever had to pay for parking. Ridiculous. Will not be back for this reason

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tway39
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We value your business and your feedback. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our team and our hotel in general and I do hope we advised you at time of reservation regarding our charges for parking. I also wanted to ensure you knew that we offered valet parking at no additional charge. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance in the future. Thank you again.
Estevan, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I had called and booked the executive suit for my birthday, when we got there to check in they had no record of us booking the room. I had never received an email confirmation either. The guy at the front desk was very nice however and got us a different suit that was a little bit smaller but was still okay with us. He also told us he would comp our easter brunch at the restaurant in the hotel. We were very happy with this and thought it was a nice gesture. However, the next morning when we went down to eat, we waited at the front of the restaurant to be seated, a server came over and my boyfriend said "Hi, how are you today". She didn't smile, or say hi, all she said was "Reservation?" in an extremely snotty tone! I explained to her that we did not have a reservation because the guy at the front desk said to use our coupons and it would be covered, he said nothing about making a reservation. The sever told us "No, you cant use that, its for breakfast and its brunch now." I told her again that the guy at the front desk told us that they were for brunch, than she said "Well than your coupon won't cover the total cost and you'll still have to pay, and we probably don't even have a table for you". A different server ended up coming and and told her it was no problem and that there were tables still available. He got us seated and was very kind, but by that point i had lost my appetite and she ruined my morning. I have never been talked to so rudely by a server before, it really disgusted me and made me question going back. We always stay at the Hilton Garden inn hotel when we come to Saskatoon, but next time i think i will choice somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynn S
Hello and thank you for reviewing our hotel. We value your business and your feedback! Clearly your experience is not what we strive to deliver! I do hope you will provide us an opportunity to earn your loyalty in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance. Thank you again for your feedback!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

All in all people in saskatoon were unfriendly and bitter here! (Except for the lady at Starbucks!). The valet staff was also really friendly. The front desk were nice The angry people did not make this place any better. The pool groat was FILTHY and the hot tub could only fit a few people. The toilet in our room the handle was broken! The room was clean but with the recent Reno I felt that it should have been cleaner. The sheets smelled TERRIBLE! Like very old!!! Yuck! The bed boasted a king bed but I know it was a queen. the fridge and microwave are a nice touch.We went to the restaurant and the waitress was decent. We ordered the taco and the portion was so small! Not worth 14$. The part that makes me most unhappy was that there was charges on our bill! A futon (uh where are we going to put that?????) and they overcharged us for some other items! It's a small town not worth 200$ a night!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank GoodEatz_11
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Hello, I am sorry to hear of your experiences with our hotel and our City. I did want to let you know we are planning a renovation in our pool area in the next few months. However I am pleased to hear that the service of most of our team members met your expectation. We appreciate your business and your feedback and as always we use it to improve the experience of our guests in the future.
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here for three days and enjoyed the stay. The room are nicely renovated and the beds are comfortable. The staff are friendly and we had no issues at all. The parking outside the hotel works well also. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and our recent renovations. Our next project will be to renovate our pool and expand our fitness centre. Thanks again, and I hope we will have the opportunity to be of service again in the near future!
The Pas, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I previously gave this hotel a 3, based on the AC not working. One year later the AC still would not work. After leaving the room for 4 hours, it only dropped the temp from 70 to 67. Given that they clearly aren't interested in solving the AC problems, I would have given this hotel a 2, but the great friendly service at the front desk made up for it a bit. Rooms are nice other than the AC.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest:

I certainly appreciate your delightful feedback about our service and apologize of the HVAC issues that reoccurred on your return stay. The appropriate follow up has been done with our building manager to investigate and address the issue.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Perry Singh, CCSM