“Average hotel, but excellent location”

Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fayetteville, Georgia, United States
“Average hotel, but excellent location”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Check-in was easy and front desk was polite and efficient. I did not like having to pay for parking, but that's common in downtown areas.
The room was clean, but very dated and basic. I stayed on the top floor and one night there was a wild party in the large suite (Vice Regal Suite). Loud music and drunks in the hall did not make for a pleasant evening and the staff was slow to react.
My A/C went out one night but they quickly switched me to a different room. It, too, was a very basic room.
What saves this hotel is the location. It is close to some great restaurants and pubs. The shopping looked very ghetto to me, but maybe there is something to be found for the savvy shopper.

Room Tip: Higher floors are my preference especially rooms on the corner which I had in this hotel.
Green Features: You can choose to have your towels washed or not. I think this is standard so I did not see anything that stood out.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Hello Mark, Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I apologize for the noise and AC issues you encountered. Clearly this is not the experience we strive to provide our valuable guests! I am pleased to let you know we are in the process of renovating our guest rooms and I hope you will have an opportunity to enjoy our new look on your next visit. We are also introducing a new concept in our Garden Grille. Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Turkish first
Edmonton
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Check in had to be done right at 3:00 PM,we arrived an hour early and were send away until 3:00 PM. It took them a couple of try to get our room cards done properly so the door would open. We rented a suite which was run down and the carpet was filthy. I think this gem is past her prime.
They also charge for parking which is a joke in downtown Saskatoon? Really?

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travelingdude43
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. We have completed renovations to half of our guest rooms and are working towards completion in the new year. I do hope you will take the opportunity to experience our new look on your next visit. Unfortunately we do charge for parking which I apologize if not been communicated in advance.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if i may be of any assistance as we hope to have an opportunity to earn your loyalty in the future. Thank you again!
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel has by far exceeded my expectations. My most recent visit occurred in June, I've stayed at this hotel numerous times but my most recent visit has been by far the most positive. The staff are exceptionally caring & always willing to lend a hand. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody. I will certainly be back soon.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hello and thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am so delighted you enjoyed the service of our team members. They are committed to providing excellent service and always appreciate the feedback for their efforts! We look forward to being of service again in the near future. Thanks again!
Stony Mountain, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Bathroom door could not be closed! We were in a "King Room", this is one of the most expensive rooms in this hotel. Totally not impressed with Hilton Garden Inns or Saskatoon! I am sure there are better places to stay! What hotel does not offer free parking for their guests!
Because of the weather forecast we requested to park under their entrance awning( something which every other hotel I have ever stayed at while travelling on Motorcycles has allowed) We were told "Sorry, you have to park on the street!" In the morning we looked at our bill and found we were charged $30.00 for parking fees! The parking issue was resolved, however, I will never stay at another "Hilton" Inn!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your business and your feedback! I do apologize we were unable to provide parking in our carport. Unfortunately we do have limited space available and if business levels are high, unfortunately we cannot guarantee this. I do hope our team members let you know that we can offer underground parking in our adjacent parking lot. I hope you will allow us an opportunity to earn your loyalty for future visits to Saskatoon or to any of our family of hotels. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to follow up further. Thank you again!
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have stayed here a couple times recently and overall I would say it was good. I had a one bedroom suite and it was very comfortable and spacious. Only odd thing is a suite as big as this, charging well over $200/night and they give you a tiny 26" TV?? The Holiday Inn Express a couple blocks away is a lot less money and has 47" TV's. If you want to watch, bring binoculars! The exercise room is very well equipped and theres a nice pool area. Staff was friendly as well. Ate in the lounge one night and it was very good, had equally good room service another. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Seals_guy
Hello and thank you for your kind review of our hotel! I am delighted you enjoyed your experience and will return on a future visit to Saskatoon. I am pleased to let you know that we are in the process of renovating our guest rooms and replacing all TV's with 42" - many which have been completed. I hope we have the opportunity to be of service again and please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance.
Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hotel is located close to the mall, numerous stores and restaurants. Ground level signage could be better, you have to be along way away to see the sign on the top of the building. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Rod, and thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance!
Deatsville, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The cleanliness of this hotel and the professionalism of the staff are the primary reasons for my frequent stays here. The night staff, particularly Vince, is most helpful. If you find yourself in Saskatoon, this is the place to stay. Fast bank of elevators and several nice suites are a nice surprise. Directly across the street from the downtown mall and close to several great resturants makes this a convenient place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Roger, Thank you so much for your kind review. We value your business and look forward to being of continued service! As always, please don't hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance. Thank you again!