“Affordable suites and good breakfast”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Calgary, Canada
“Affordable suites and good breakfast”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We picked this hotel as a suite allowed us to fit 3 adults, 1 child and an infant (in a playpen) into one room. The room was a bit shabby, and noisy, and the bathtub dripped. But the beds were comfy enough, and the breakfast exceeded my expectations. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. For $170/night (including taxes and fees) to sleep 3 adults it was good value for money.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Lloydminster Alberta
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights and my bedroom at home is bigger, there is no room to move around so you basically sit on bed and watch tv, when I took a shower in the morning the smoke detector went off. The time I stayed at this hotel it was quiet and it had a good quality conitental breakfest. I feel this hotel is overpriced for the amieties and size of room you get.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Port Royal
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Well a very nice and packed hotel it was, its location very near to the Airport make it more a trouble then a blessing .In coming and Ongoing Planes,peoples,cars and Youth. Forgive me , I am not that much Social Person , I prefer quiet environment more . Overall it was a good place for Businessmen no doubt , Nice quick services , Efficient backup for every thing.
But for less active and rather dreamy tourists like Couples ,professional tired souls , that place to live is not a good experience , I after some time move to a new place and got a Nice new company of some Descent Lads who were there to enjoy a less noisy ,but purposeful Vacations
That is the worthy addition in Saskatoon hotels; Colonial Square Inn & Suites
for the help of new tourists the link is https://www.colonialsquareinn.com/

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank SmothermanPortRoyal
Coaldale, Canada
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Had a good stay in a king room. Room was clean and comfortable. Lobby as usual at Christmas was very pretty. Breakfast was good. Staff were professional. Give it a try.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Edmonton
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I am a young professional and had just been offered a job in Saskatoon and needed to scout out accommodations in advance of the start date. I had stayed at a Country Inn before in Calgary, and was impressed, so I decided to try the Country Inn in Saskatoon.

Problems began as soon as I attempted to check-in. Normally this process should take five minutes at the most. I requested to pay for my room in advance and leave a cash deposit, because I knew that the authorization would exceed my credit card limit (for reasons that are entirely irrelevant). The clerk looked at me like I was a deviant. She told me she had to get the manager who was on the telephone in the other room.

I waited as the clerk proceeded to take two telephone reservations. I stood there and couldn't help but hear the manager engage in a clearly personal conversation, as evidenced by the familiar tone and the occasional bursts of laughter. When the manager finally appeared after several minutes of happy chatting, she told me I would need to pay for the room up front and leave a cash deposit. This is precisely what I wanted to do when I walked into the place a full ten minutes before. I paid for the room up front, and left a $160 cash deposit (which in my view is excessive for this class of hotel).

When I finally got to my room, it was ordinary but appeared to be clean. I spent a pleasant enough night: the windows opened for fresh air, and my room was quiet because it was located on the North of the hotel away from the very busy Circle Drive.

When I attempted to check-out the next morning, however, things deteriorated rapidly. I was fully expecting the return of my full deposit on my departure without fuss or incident, as I did not incur any incidental expenses. This was not to be. I was informed by the desk clerk that she had been instructed by the manager to "check the room" before my deposit was returned to me. I was flabbergasted. The clerk then got out from behind the front desk, and made good on her word. She left me standing alone in the lobby while she climbed the stairs to the second floor to make sure that I had not... what? Taken a towel with me for the road? Left the toilet seat up? Took an extra pouch of cheap coffee? I can't possibly imagine, given that my $160 far exceeds the combined amount of all the items in the room (e.g., cut-rate 27 inch t.v., telephone, alarm clock, some towels, and that's pretty much it). After several humiliating minutes, the clerk returned, but for some reason was still not prepared to return my deposit (maybe she had forgotten to take a key card and had been unable to obtain access to my room). The clerk then asked a chambermaid - who happened to be in the lobby at the time - to go back up and "check my room". That was the last straw. I demanded my deposit back in no uncertain terms. The clerk begrudgingly thrust the envelop of cash into my hands and shouted at my back as I left the hotel "I don't have to take this kind of treatment!".

Never again will I return to this hotel, which by the actions of the staff indicates that it is geared towards a much, much lower class of people than typically frequent Country Inn & Suites. I can honestly say I have never been treated worse by a hotel staff in my life.

Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank flyer_frequent_1981
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 7 October 2010

This inn has seen better days. It's poorly located, cramped inside, outdated, and a Motel 6-wannabe. AND IT'S LOUD ALL NIGHT.

At the price I paid ($150), I can't believe I can't do better elsewhere.

Awful

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Gordon113
Reviewed 6 October 2010

We Were excited to stay here from past experiences at other hotels in this chain. Boy were we wrong!

Our suite was seriously outdated. When I pulled back the matress to check for bedbugs the head end of the boxspring and cover was filthy and covered in hairs!!! We could not stay there. We called another hotel and promptly left saying we were staying somewhere else. Horrible!!!

• Stayed September 2010