“Relaxing Stay”

Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Relaxing Stay”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I went to a concert in Saskatoon and only needed one night to stay. I enjoyed that they had 3PM check in & 12PM check out the next day. This gave us time to relax before going out. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel was very quite. They provide a hot breakfast in the morning. Great selection of foods but like any breakfast you need to be up early to enjoy the hot items as they were all gone. They have unlimited coffee, fruit & cookies at the front for guest to enjoy at all hours. You could tell that the hotel was older, but the renovations they did and the upgrades they had were very pleasant. Made me feel very comfortable. Although this isn't a fancy hotel, it was a very nice stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to find time to relax. We look forward to your future stays with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Camrose, Canada
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed here August 12 for 1 night with my mom and we both enjoyed this hotel. Loved the fresh cookies at check-in and the wide variety of food selection for breakfast & getting to make your own waffles. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and the hotel was easy to find. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to Saskatoon.
Naicam, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stay at this hotel often for work and have found it to be a decent hotel but for some reason it is getting noisier lately. Recent visits have had lots of late night activity and the doors bang really loud as people enter and exit their rooms. The beds are comfortable and the room is clean but often the bathrooms are less than sparkling including hair in my tub this visit. The garbage cans could also have used a good scrubbing. Like many hotels they no longer put bags in the cans which I appreciate for environmental reasons but they didn't appear to have been washed out and were grungy in the bottoms. The breakfast is always good and I always use the fitness room and appreciate the nice treadmill.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the stairwells to avoid being woken by the heavy doors banging and people m...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for spending your time to share your concerns with me. I apologize for the experience you had with the noise level and the cleanliness in your room. I have addressed your concerns with our team so that a similar situation does not happen again and we will be able to exceed your expectations on your next visit.
Alberta
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We booked this through Royal Bank points, so I can't attest to the value. However, this was a decent hotel in a great location. It is located just off of Circle Drive, so it's easy to get in and out of the city from here, or to another location within the city. It is set back a little from Circle Drive, so it was fairly quiet. We only spent one night, but it was very comfortable, the room was clean, and the bed was fine. A little harder than I'm used to, but it wasn't too hard. The breakfast was good, with make your own waffles, yogurt, eggs, etc. Because we were only staying for a short time, I didn't even check to see if this hotel had a pool or hot tub. I don't remember seeing one.

There were apples that we could have at any time, and the coffee was always on. The front desk staff was very pleasant. There was a Denny's within walking distance, although we didn't use it. I had no problem with this hotel, and would book it again if we were going through Saskatoon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, staff and location. We hope to see you again soon!
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I've stayed here a few times. IT's your basic hotel. Things are a bit dated but my room was clean. Hotel can be a bit noisy depending on who's staying there so the construction quality is that of a Super 8 (wood frame with a bit of insulation most likely). Staff has always been friendly and helpful. You're also a 2 min walk from the 24hr Denny's. That's a bonus. They also let me park my car in the lot on one of the trips. That was swell. It is a bit pricey ($150/night) but most hotels are in Toontown now.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room on the East side if you have to unload a lot of gear. Most of these room...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Beds were uncomfortable and pillows gross. The bathroom had hair in floor and the comforter had stains all over it. Sheets ha holes in them. I'd pay the extra and stay in a BW or something better. Can't believe it had such high reviews.

• Stayed August 2013
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
I apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience. I have addressed this with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
CREIGHTON
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We arrived at noon and Shelly was able to get us into our room right away - I had to start prepping for a medical procedure the next day, so was very happy to get the room so quickly. She offered us a choice of ground, 2nd or 3rd floor - we always stay on the 2nd or 3rd, but I asked if she would show us the ground floor room - which she very nicely did, and we took it. They also checked later on in the day to see if there was anything we needed.
The carpets in the room could use a change, but overall I really like this hotel - the breakfasts are very good too.
Just a note - during rush hour it takes quite a while to get to the hotel from Circle Drive as there is just so much traffic.

Room Tip: We always book a suite as it isn't very much more than a standard room - we like to be able to h...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! It's nice to know that Shelly and some of her associates, made your stay as enjoyable as possible.