Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK
Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stay was good staff was very friendly
Slept very well only complaint was the room was outdated needs a painting and new carpet price was a bit high for room conditions I am a maintenance manager at a hotel now and see all things
But all and all it was a nice stay

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
JanOlson9, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and we're happy to stay that renovations are starting soon! In a few weeks we will be installing new desks, dressers, tables and cabinets in all guest roomswith more items to follow!

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Just did a quick night stay here in March but have stayed here MANY times before... Seems to be going downhill fast. Looks dingy throughout, big black stain on our carpet and breakfast was not too satisfying. Staff was very friendly but unfortunately the poor quality overshadowed. Probably going to find a new "go to"

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our renovations will begin shortly which I believe will address all of your concerns that you have. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This hotel is run down especially for the price like really 189.00 for a room at seniors rate like really you think seniors are able to afford that. The room was not clean room so out dated just a disgusting place to stay almost rather stay at a truck stop. The front desk staff were the worst I have ever dealt with they are so stuck up and throw attitude when you asked for directions somewhere. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS DUMP AND WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO STAY THERE.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lynn k
JanOlson9, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm very sorry that this was the impression you left the hotel with. We have started renovations but still have some work to do. Your comments regarding the staff will be addressed right away.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed here many times over the years. Rooms are clean and sort of updated... brass headboards circa 1980? Old lamp no wall decor Bathrooms need upgrading!! We had a room with 2 beds... very small. There was black mold on the windows. It is more like a 2 star compared to the brand new best western!! Which is cheaper to stay at!! Very disappointed in room for the price. Oh ya took picures to support the story..

• Stayed: January 2014
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your room. We are working on our renovations now. Still to come is the guest room and lobby furniture, artwork and guest room lighting. We hope you will return and see the changes we've made.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I Have stayed at this location many times. I have had many good experiences at this hotel in the past. My last stay makes me wonder what has happened too this hotel. Fist off I booked my room's a year in advance. When we called too conform a couple months before they said that we had cancelled our rooms. We told them that they were incorrect we did not cancel our rooms, but yet it did happen. We tried too rebook our rooms, but they were full for one night. We were worried we had no place too stay the one night, they did come through and we did have our room for that night, but not with out some stress.
Then one one night in our stay i came back too the room late, and the bed was not made. The bottom sheet was half on. The top sheet was folded on the bed. the comforter was on the floor. the pillows were had no cases. sub par i would say.

The most upsetting thing in this hole experience was when we went too pay. We negotiate the rate a year in advance, we stay for a full week. and we have been staying here for years. when we went too pay our bill the first two nights were $121 (the rate we negotiated) then third night was $180, and the the fourth was $198, and the fifth was $188 and the sixth was $144. I was out raged. They told us it was based on capacity levels of all hotels in Saskatoon. when you book your stay you never know how much your going too pay. This is an out rage. It is an unethical practice, that should be regulated by the hotel commission. I do not know how they can get away with running there business this way. I travel a lot for business, and have never experienced such a travesty.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 831darrenf
JanOlson9, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for posting a review. I apologize for the mixup with the rooms. We do our best to provide our guests the best service possible, which I why we were able to accommodate your rooms in the end. To clarify how the pricing works, when a reservation is made the price stays the same. In this case with the reservations being made at a later date the price had increased. I'm glad that in the end we were able to correct the mistake for you.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I had booked us 2 different nights 1 before and 1 after our trip using the Stay and Park promotion. I was told I would be able to use my points to lower the cost of our 2nd night but when I went to do this at check out the front desk girl said it was impossible as this had to be done over the internet. I informed her we had phoned in previous times and able to use points, but she had no intention and was the most unfriendly front desk person I have encountered. Not even an inquiry of how our stay was when I first approached the desk, just a question of if we were leaving the bill on my cc and here is the final invoice. We have used this hotel various times in the past but no longer, there are other hotels thru Club Carlson in Saskatoon. Also the breakfast food was cheap looking and tasting, the hotel is doing some renos which is good, but feel the standards have dropped from past visits.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bmtravel63
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I would like to apologize for the unfriendly person you experienced at check out and the incorrect information you were given. Just to clear things up, you can call us directly to make your reservation using your Club Carlson points but this has to be done before you stay and can't be applied at checkout. We hope you'll give us another chance to meet or exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel this week on business. Thank god it was only one night. The sidewalk was covered in ice and dirt. There was a boil water advisory on the door. It was dirty and run down from the outside of the front door and got worse. The elevator is beaten up. the carpets in the hall are completely worn out . I got to my room and it was really musty. Everything was really worn and repairs were very shoddy. Broken lamps, worn out furniture. This was the worst hotel I have stayed at in years. An the best was that it wasn't cheap at $150.00 per night the value was terrible. Do not think of staying here.

Room Tip: choose any other hotel but this one
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
JanOlson9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saskatoon, SK, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Each item you mentioned will be followed up with the appropriate departments and I assure you we are working to make sure they are improved on.