Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$122
US$116
US$98
US$92
Agoda.com
All reviewsthird floorlots of varietyrooms are cleanairportupgrades
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2008

I first came to the heritage when I started working in Saskatoon. Yes it is a little outdated but the staff makes up for that. For 4 months I stayed here 5 days a week and now I am here 3 days a week. The staff always greets me by my name, they try to accomodate me in every way possible even giving me a room with a sleep timer on the tv. The manager will make an attempt everytime im here to come and have a conversation with me, they truly make me feel important. I have never had or seen a miserable staff member and I have stayed here for the past 15 months. A real hats off to the staff here they truly do their best to make me feel at home, and I call this my second home. So I think I will gladly put up with the outdated rooms to have the service the staff provides here. There is not many hotels that have such a friendly staff, so hats off to them.

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank bkit
Reviewed 12 December 2007

November 2007
We stayed two nights at the Heritage Inn for a large conference in town. Booking late, we did not have alot of hotels to choose from and the $85.00 price listed here, and we confirmed that price when booking over the phone, seemed like a good find. "Heritage" is a good name for this hotel, it needs some major upgrading for sure. It has been many years that we have stayed in rooms that still use keys and with no safety locks or chains on the doors. You have to lug your luggage DOWN 3 or 4 stairs to get to the elevators to go UP to your room. The rooms are small and very dark and are decorated in the ole 70's orange/brown theme. The bathrooms have no vanities and are also small and old. The toilet ran constantly after flushing and we had to remove the lid each time to re-attach a rubber fitting that had ripped out of place. Our room had a wardrobe cupboard rather than a closet. There are no convenience fridges in the room and we checked the ice machines on three floors and none were working. One thing that really turned us off is, when we arrived in the afternoon the cleaning ladies were still cleaning rooms and there about 7 dirty room service food trays littering the floors in the hallway on the way to our room. The ladies packed up their cleaning carts and left the trays on the floor untill the next day. We had to weave in and out of the trays to proceed down the hallway to the elevator. Yuk! Isnt this a fire code violation? Upon checking out we were charged $110.00/night for our room rather than the $85.00, the reason given was that is the price only if you book online-however we confirmed the cheaper price when we booked by phone. After responding we would have never agreed to stay here at the higher price we were given the reduced price as was confirmed when we booked. The rooms were clean enough and we did not see any of the water bugs reported in earlier reviews. The staff did their best to make us happy and the young waitress in the attached restraunt was very efficient and polite. We would probably not stay here again opting for a newer or updated motel.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bizsuit
Reviewed 23 October 2007

We stayed here for one night, Staff was very nice and hotel was easy to find. The room was tiny, and so was the pool area. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank April T
Reviewed 3 April 2007

My family and I decided to visit Saskatoon for the annual Exhibition to end our summer vacation. We always preferred to stay at this hotel on previous visits because we found the services this hotel provided to be excellent, and the price was perfect for budget minded people who wanted to stay in a descent room. On this particular stay, the service was terrible, and the hotel itself seemed to be more unkept than usual. We went to the restaurant, which had been a favorite place to eat when we stayed in the city, but this time the food mediocre. The jets in the hot tub were not working at all, and the pool premises were unclean. We brushed this aside because we don't expect the HILTON for the price we were paying, but we had never before seen this type of accomodation standard from this particular hotel. We went to bed ina queen suite on the 6th floor, in a corner room. Things in the room seemed fine....until morning. The room was filled with about 200 waterbugs all over the bathroom and the floor in both sides of the room. We promptly packed up and went to the front desk where the agent asked if I was in room 618. I said, "no, I was in room 632" and to that she responded," Well the bugs are harmless, it is just that time of year. I will tell my manager about this,and he can get back to you." She proceeded to charge my credit card for the 1 night of our stay, and upon inquiring about when this charge would be reversed, I was turned away and ignored at every turn. We went down the street to the Sandman hotel where we got an immediate early check in, and gift basket from the front desk agent with sympathies to our plight, and overall EXCELLENT and very attentive, friendly service. I would NO LONGER ever recommend the Heritage Inn in Saskatoon to ANYONE. I used to recommend it to everyone, and now I think it is a TERRIBLE choice. 2 thumbs WAY DOWN.

Stayed: August 2006
3  Thank daycaremom
Reviewed 30 October 2006

I booked this hotel because of the rates and wanted to try something out since I usually stay at the Ramada. First of all I was very welcomed into the hotel upon arrival and was checked into a nice room, however when I got to the room I was tired and layed down for a nap, there was construction going on behind the hotel and there was noise from the beeping of the machines backing up, which was not the hotels fault but they should have put me on the other side if they had known about the constuction. When I awoke from my nap things seemed ok, however after showering I noticed some marks appearing on my body, wasnt to concerned until I began itching like crazy during the day, I was sure that there must have been something inside of the room that I was allergic to so I confronted the front desk, they immediately put me into a different room, however before moving I went to the new room to check it out, when I did there was vomit on the back of the door that the housekeepers should have seen, but did not. After this I returned to the front desk and explained the situation and was moved then to a suite. The suite was a two room suite nothing major but it was nice. After being out during the day, I had a nap again however when I awoke this time my feet were soooo sore that I could not hardly stand, my itching was more intense then ever and the marks were worse, I went to the doctor at a walk in clinic and was told that I had a rash but they did not know what it was. I returned then to the front desk and showed the markings on my arms and they could see the marks on my face as well that had began to appear, I explained that I needed to check out and was immediately compensated for my troubles, I drove home not knowing what I had, and went immediately to the hospital to find out I had "hives" which the doctor explained that could have come from the laundry detergent that the hotel uses. All in all this hotel was fair to me and I find it nice to explain my situation, the staff in the restaurant always served me immediately, and bosted a delicious breakfast, which I believe was called the lumberjack if I remember correctly, and a personal thank you to Mr. Heiht at the front desk for his wonderful understanding throughout the situation. And a message to all that write reviews in the trip advisor, just remember one thing that people are human and everyone is entiled to a bad day at work, did you mention it to someone when you are there at the hotel, as sometimes we as humans can be rude when a situation it bad, but a smile and a friendly reminder to someone that you are dealing with can be alot better for you in the long run. Lets all try it sometime.......
Thank you again Mr. Heiht and I appreciate your loyalty to me the customer.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled solo