“Sooner or later you need to upgrade”

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Had a quick one night business trip and stayed here as it was where my meeting was, and it was close to the airport, The staff were friendly and helpful and yes, it is close to the airport, But, the decor and room amenities are very dated and old, They need to replace the furniture, paint, upgrade the place and give it a modern over hall,

That being said, the food was reasonable and the staff are very friendly, It should be a little bit less expensive due to the dated nature of the place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Dear Guest:
I would like to thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay. We value the opinion of all our customers and strive for complete customer satisfaction.
In the next few months, we will be starting the second phase of renovations, which will include a complete upgrade of our remaining guest rooms and common areas. We have upgraded the top two floors, with plans to complete the whole hotel in the next year. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and that our staff was friendly during your visit. I would like to welcome you back on your next visit to Saskatoon, and present you with all the upgrades and renovations that we are in the process of doing.

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

If this hotel were charging $49 a night, I wouldn't do this review. But for $120, this just isn't worth it. This is a very old hotel, but lacks the charm that many old hotels hold onto. AC is the smallest unit you can buy and turned off so the guest has 2 hours before they're comfortable. Ice machine didn't work. Sink has 20 or so cracks in it and plenty of beer bottle chinks in the Formica. No white fluffy towels here, just grey thin ones. Sheets are grey and threadbare too and the mattresses sag big time. Unless you see this hotel under $50, don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank garymeth5

Dear Guest,
I was distressed to read your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are in the process of a major upgrade and are making many changes to offer our guests value and comfort.
These upgraded rooms offer renovated washrooms, new flooring, new furnishings, pillow top mattresses, new linens and many other upgrades.
I apologize that your stay was not up to expectations and would hope that if you are in the area again, you will choose to stay so that I may invite you see the changes we are making.
Mike Ulene

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We booked our stay on line it cost us &148.00 for a room with two queen beds. When we checked in I up graded to a King room and ti cost an extra $57.00 so now we are over $200.00. Got on to the elevator and we already had reservations, elevator was well used and was missing some panels. Our room was on the sixth floor, walked in and walked out......room was old like from a 1960 movie old miss matched furniture, bed was not up graded, small old TV, paint chipping off window box air conditioner.
Went back to front desk to advise them we would not be staying here, they were very good at the desk. Had me call Hotels.com from the front desk they refunded my money and we found an other hotel that met my standards for $40.00 less.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Guest,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Client satisfaction is very important to us and I am glad that our front desk was able assist you.
I have renovated many of the rooms on the top floors of the hotel with the remaining rooms and common areas scheduled for a major renovation beginning this summer. I have installed new elevator systems but am waiting until room renovations are complete to replace the interior elevator panels.
I would like to offer you a reduced rate and a complimentary upgrade on your next visit to Saskatoon so that we may show you all the improvements being made.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

We stayed here for one night well attending a wedding in Saskatoon, our room was small but suited our needs for the night, we were suppose to get a room on the 5th floor but the lady gave us a room on the 2nd floor I didn't question it as she let us check in early and this gave us time to get ready for the wedding. We checked out the lounge which was nice and cozy, breakfest at the restaurant in the morning was very good. We would stay here again if we were in Saskatoon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate that you took a moment to post your review. Our staff does their best to accommodate guest requests and it was our pleasure to welcome you for your early check in. It was great that you had a chance to enjoy the food and service in our restaurant and lounge and I will be sure to share your positive comments with my staff. They are always thrilled to know their efforts are recognized. Thank you for sharing.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Saskatoon.
Sincerely

Reviewed 10 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Kari E
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We want to thank you for making our weekend a great success. (We won the tournament!!) You accomodated us the entire weekend, working around terrible road conditions, changing ice times and bus breakdown.

The meals were excellent and the the service was impeccable. The fact that you served breakfast to us an hour before the restaurant opened on Sunday truly shows your commitment to excellence.

The parents on our team were very impressed and commented that they will definitley stay at your hotel for future tournaments in Saskatoon and will definitley recommend you to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments from your most recent stay with us. We strive to provide a clean room and outstanding service at a fair price. Our team at The Heritage Inn would also like to congratulate your hockey team for winning the tournament!
I have passed your positive feedback on to all our staff. It is always appreciated to know that their hard work has been recognized and it really made their day.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Saskatoon.
General Manager - Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre - Saskatoon

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I stayed here on March 15th because of bad weather, and because it was fairly priced in the expensive Saskatoon hotel market.
We didn't have high expectations because the cost was low, yet we were still extremely disappointed by the room and the service.

Our room had old extension cords running across and under beds. Our TV wasn't working so when a maintenance worker came to fix it and we asked about finding a plug in our room that was grounded we were told we would have to use the outlet next to the A/C and turn off the heat and turn on the A/C for that outlet to work.

The room was adequately cleaned until we pulled down the covers and found someone else's hair in the bed.

I contacted the front desk who first told me they could not discount my room because I booked online. They offered me an upgrade, when they took me to show me the upgrade option there was someone else in the room and the non-smoking floor smelled strongly of fresh cigarette smoke so I could not stay there, and opted to stay in my room.

Due to it being late at night management was not on staff so they spoke with management and loudly fought for me to get a discount... of $15 off of a $140 room... and a complementary $8 breakfast. No apology or contact from management, even though I requested contact.

When I went for breakfast the next morning I found out there was a boil water advisory in Saskatoon which we were never informed of. We were told a sign was posted but I was at the main desk for quite a while when I was complaining and saw nothing. When I spoke to a manager about this in the morning she told me that I should have heard it on the radio or seen the sign, and rudely asked me if I expected her to call everyone of her guests and warn them. I asked to have upper management contact me, gave my phone number, paid for my room and left. I have yet to hear from them. I just booked three more stays in Saskatoon and gladly paid more for other hotels.

I recommend you do not stay here, you will encounter problems and management is not willing to help.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dana L

Dear Guest:
I would like to apologize for how this situation was handled by our staff and the unfortunate circumstances that occurred. I am glad that I had an opportunity to speak directly with you, shortly after your stay, to ensure that I was able to address all your concerns personally. I was disturbed to hear the condition of your room and the treatment that you received. Once again, I would like to assure you that we have strict cleaning standards and under no circumstances is it acceptable to have a guest room that does not meet our customers’ expectations. Our guests are our number one priority, and we take pride in giving superior customer service. I have had a complete review of our policies and procedures with Front Desk Staff, Housekeeping and Maintenance.
Once again, my true apologies, and if you find yourself back in the Saskatoon area, I would appreciate the opportunity to have you back as our guest and ensure that your stay exceeds expectations.