“Stayed here twice and it's good”

Colonial Square Inn & Suites
Ranked #30 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this motel a couple times over the years and both times have had a very good experience, especially for the price. We stayed here in April this year and were treated to a very clean, comfortable ad quiet room. You have to understand that the price of accommodations in Saskatoon are very overpriced. So this motel is very good for the price range. I also don\t include a review of the restaurant or bar because this is a motel review. The location of this motel is great too. Right on 8th and lots of good places to eat and drink close by.

Overall, i would definitely stay here again and plan to in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I was shocked to find I was not puttting the Europeanns into a motel but an apartment and could not cancel out as I booked for a week.
I am in business but this shocked and embarrased me showing this cheap side to Saskatoon. We normally respect visitors but that was lnot the case here
I had a bad feeling about the whole incident
Would I use the Motel again definitely not
Norman Wallace

Room Tip: This amazed me to find the motel when I booked the guests in was an apartment a mile away. I was e...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank normanwallace
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This was one of the worst hotel stays of my life. Poor custo er service, dirty room, and no regulation on smoking in the rooms despite the no smoking policy. For the money you can do much much better in Saskatoon. Pick again and save yourself the trouble

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Gerard S
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Had to stay in the city for a three day seminar that was held in the south end , the colonial was great , close to my meetings ,right on 8th street , close to restaurants , shopping , and entertainment . The hotel is clean , staff is friendly and helpful and the rate is the best you will find in town $115 a night . I will be back. Thank you

Room Tip: Outside entrances are available
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Colonial in Saskatoon on March 2nd for a night. We checked in around 5pm and ordered food from the attached Peter D's restaurant. I lived in Saskatoon for many years and knew it wasn't the best food in the city, but figured if they stayed open all these years, they must have improved - but it was just terrible - do not eat there. We're not picky eaters at all, but it bordered on inedible.

The room was reasonably clean, the sheets could have used a garbage can (just used too many times), overall was 'meh'.

The next morning at 11:01am (checkout was 11:00am) we received a phone call reminding us of the check-out. I am a professional person and kindly requested 12:30pm, which is nothing unreasonable as the hotel was mostly vacant - and I know for a fact from friends and previous experience, this hotel does not fill up during the week. I immediately received a very rude "NO", followed by my shock, I paused, and then was told "I'll give you until 11:30am". So my fiance and I hurried to get out of the room, and I went to the front desk. The front desk agent didn't ask me how my stay was, just took my card, said nothing and charged the room, and gave me the reciept and I waiting and then finally said "uhhhh is this it?", and given just a "yup".

Everybody has a bad day, but the level of rudeness and customer service was not acceptable.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CraigM3
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We booked 5 rooms for ourselves and our children's families while attending a funeral in Saskatoon. The rates were reasonable and we were not charged extra for our families who had children. The rooms are the usual rectangular motel style with a king bed and a pull out sofa. They were in reasonably good condition although it has been several years since they were renovated.

We had a ground floor unit which gave us both interior and exterior entrances, which we very much liked. The bed was comfortable and we were able to open the exterior window to allow airfow while we slept. The TV was a bit of a challenge to turn fully off with the remote (the screen stayed on after the picture was gone) which necessitated pressing the button on the TV itself. Our families with small children thought the rooms were good as they had open space for the children to play. We were treated courteously by all staff we encountered.

There is a restaurant called "Peter D's" attached to the motel which served good food at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: A ground floor room will give you exterior access to your room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed in S'Toon this past weekend and we were very disappointed in our stay. First, we stayed two nights and when they came in to clean the room on the Saturday afternoon...they only partially cleaned it. They forgot to take out the garbage and they left all the cans, pizza boxes in the room. Furthermore, they began vacuuming in the hallway at 7AM and began knocking on doors at 8AM for room service. They obviously don't look to see who is staying more than more night. The motel itself needs serious remodelling. The only, and I mean only, advantage of this motel is the location on 8th Street. As travellers that regularily to travel to S'Toon, we will avoid ever staying here again. The front desk staff also added a $200 noise violation charge to our room at check-out. They also taxed this violation $10GST, $10 PST for a total of $220. There were several adult hockey teams in the motel during the weekend. Our team received two warning about noise(one via phone and one via a visit from a security guard). We were never at any point told that they were going to charge us for being to loud. It should be added that after the warnings, we did quiet down. At no point was there any confrontation between security and the members of the teams. The manager was not there in the morning to answer to this addition to the bill. A rude employee was there to deliver the news. She simply said take it up with the manager but he wasn't there to discuss the charges. All in all, we won't return and not sure why anyone would...you might have a phantom charge on your bill.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends