“Been Staying Here for Years”

Colonial Square Inn & Suites
Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Regina, Canada
“Been Staying Here for Years”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have been staying at the Colonial Square for years. I travel with lots of equipment and like to be able to back my van up to my room door to unload. The owners have made recent upgrades including new carpeting. The location is great, close to restaurants and shopping on 8th Street and on Broadway Avenue. The University of Saskatchewan is nearby. There are two restaurants connected to the building along with two bars/lounges and a liquor store. It's a good, basic, few frills, reliable, affordable motor hotel located in a safe neighbourhood.

Room Tip: Ground floor on the back side is the place you want to be. The rooms face a quiet residential street...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Saskatoon
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We booked this for my 87 year old dad and 3 daughters because our mother was in a Universty Hospital. When we booked in we find out it was an apartment about 6 blocks away. Then we find out it was on 2nd floor and there was no elevator. My dad has COPD and is 87 They tell us it is only 5 steps twice. Ok so there was 4 sets of about 7 steps. I almost had to carry him and his oxygen to the suite. I knew we could not get him back up again. So I had to take my Dad home to Prince Albert my sisters stayed to look after mom in the hospital Then tonight a mouse ran across the room front desk said sorry we have no place to put you. And then she said there have been no other complaints REALLY. Never again!! Please save yourself the headache and go elsewhere

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Deb S
Waqar Y, General Manager at Colonial Square Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
We regret that you did not enjoy your experience at the Colonial Square Inn & Suites. Please note that our staff are trained to inform all guests of the location of our long-term stay executive suites. It is also indicated on our website. If our staff failed to do so, then we apologize. We were not informed in advance of the serious medical condition of your father, so we could not make provisions to accommodate him, which was unfortunate. We were surprised to hear the other complaint about your stay, which only arose after you asked to break the lease on your executive suite. Our exterminators found no evidence of pests in your suite.
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We had a decent room, was clean & staff was freindly. They gave us a room at the back, so we did not hear the traffic noise from the busy front street. All in all , we were satisfied with the room & general vacinity. Restaurant , Liquor store & other amenities almost on the same lot.

Room Tip: A room at the back(North side) is preferable, as the front street is a main thoroughfare & can b...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
VADNAIS HEIGHTS
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We were very impressed with the motel. The room was extra clean and the lady at the desk was helpful in making sure our room would work for my wife who has chemical sensitivity to many cleaning products. The motel is in a good location to many restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JOAN K
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The hotel was very bright and very clean. But the fat woman at front desk was very rude and unprofessional, she doesn't care about guests and never smile. Anyway I will highly recommend this hotel to my friends. Good and safe location for affordable price.

• Stayed August 2013
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Nice surprise, clean, reasonable rates, soft beds, nice hospitality basket in bathroom, fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, really nice. TV was very limited channels, and the restaurant was closed , the hotel was going through some renovations, but they accommodated our early arrival and gave us a room so we could get to our venue on time. Good central location on 8th Street in Saskatoon. Many thanks to Hotels .com for a good booking room rate that the hotel honored. We liked this hotel. and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and really liked it but there are first floor room for people who can...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sabre652016
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The rooms were clean, beds were okay, most of the the staff friendly. What makes me give a poor rating is over night my windshield was smashed by a patron of the pub attached to the building. This isn't the fault of the hotel, but I would have felt better had we been given a bit of a discount or a coupon to invite me back to compensate for the $300 deductible that I had to pay to repair my windshield. The morning desk clerk said that this has happened before and the assistant manager looked at the security camera, but it was out of range.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple