“Friendly and comfortable”

Colonial Square Inn & Suites
Ranked #30 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Our room was nice and the bed was comfortable. There is a pub attached to this hotel and it seemed like a popular place for people to go to. It made for parking at night a little hard to come by. We always found parking but not usually near our room.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pub area.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BethWL

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I look forward to going to Saskatoon because I know I will be staying a first class hotel with great rates. The staff are always cordial, friendly and professional, makes me feel appreciated, respected and important. The rooms are spacious with direct entrance from both outside parking and indoor lobby access. The location is great because of the conveniences around the hotel, gas, food, restaurants, shopping, businesses, banks, lounges. Yet the hotel is small enough giving a feeling of intimacy. I continue to recommend this hotel to others. I began using this hotel on business trips, but I enjoy this hotel very much that I now use it on personal visits.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Duane F
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Been staying at the Colonial for the past 4 yrs. The staff are accommodating and friendly.Great location to shopping, restaurants, etc. Would recommend this hotel to all travelling to Saskatoon .The rooms are very spacious and clean.The ground floor rooms have access to the outside making it easy to get to your car , especially on those cold mornings when your car needs that extra time to warm up.Also,the Colonial has suites( they call them) but they are more like apartments.Very modern with all the comforts of home.If you plan to stay in Saskatoon for a long period of time I would highly recommend these suites , you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Love this place for allowing pets! It's very close to the University of Saskatchewan and vet facilities! Great staff! Great location! Very comfortable rooms! Pricing is just right! Love the cozy atmosphere, I really can't say much more except it's just like home!

Room Tip: Love this Colonial Inn as I had to go to Saskatoon to take my dog to the vet! I know of no other pla...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 777Pandy
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed here on a Sunday in oct/13. Upon arriving at 1 in the afternoon we checked in then went to the gas bar, a guy walked from the bar of the hotel to our truck and asked my husband for money and a cigarette then we went to our room which was on ground floor close to the front desk with an outside entrance and here was an obviously drunk or stoned individual screaming at the air and making to sense. Very scary when he is outside by the door of your room in broad daylight on a Sunday. Worries me about a Friday or a Saturday night. Felt quite unsafe and if my husband would not have been with me I would have left for a nicer place.

The room itself was okay nothing great. In saskatoon it is sad but you pay dearly for a less than average room. The room cost us &120.00 plus taxes for a Plain double room with little amenities and bad clientele. Would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 52TERRI
Waqar Y, Manager at Colonial Square Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay with us. We value all comments and/or suggestions to provide greater service to our guests.
We regret that you had an unsatisfactory experience at our hotel. We fully acknowledge that your experience was unacceptable and wish to emphasize that this is not the clientele we welcome to our hotel and restaurants. Our frequent clientele consists of business, vacation and family travellers, as well as guests with medical appointments, students and educators coming to the University of Saskatchewan, etc. We would welcome an opportunity to serve you in a future visit to Saskatoon. Please contact me directly to make arrangements.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

When we were looking on-line for budget Hotels in Saskatoon we came across some excellent reviews on this establishment. We booked one night on our way from Sherwood Park (AB) to Kelvington (SK), and were pleasantly surprised of the hospitality of the front desk, plus the total cozy atmosphere of this hotel! Everything is clean and fresh and we had a perfect sleep on the wonderful beds! It was nice to have dinner in the same complex without braving the -30c temperatures that we travelled in! We intend to stay here next time we visit Saskatoon!

Room Tip: Room 215 is a good choice and very quiet!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

When ever I'm in Saskatoon for business or family reasons, I make the Colonial my home for the duration of my stay. Great location. Great value. Friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable rooms. Always a great night's sleep. I recommend The Colonial to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business