“Dive - Yes”
Review of Ramada Saskatoon

Ramada Saskatoon
Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 27 May 2007

It was quite a while since I had stayed here...................Has this place gone down hill or what.

Definition of Dive = Ramada Hotel & Golf Dome

All young employees that don't know too much about customer service. It looks like all the riff raff stay here or whatever other word you want to use. Dirty to say the least. We had used a conference room and could not believe that we paid for this room. What would it take to put a coat of paint on and liven up the room a bit. I felt like I was in grandmother's basement about 30 years ago. Everything and I mean everything is ripped, torn, dirty and outdated. There was one window in the conference room you honestly could not even look out of. It was absolutely filthy.

They need to do some major renovations and then I think they have lost their customers. The sad thing is the place actually looked busy ? I guess if you are used to staying in filth and your o.k. with at..............have at er!

Never again.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank okop

Reviewed 11 March 2007

Stayed at this hotel March 10 and 11, 2007 with a soccer tournament. Room condition was very poor, it looked like someone had put holes in the walls and they had been patched that morning. Drywall patch still wet. Very dirty and had mold areas in the bathroom. Beds extremely old small and totally uncomfortable. Bedding looked like it hadnt been changed? Very noisy no sound insulation. Beware of the bar across the street when the people come out at closing, was up from 01:30 -03:00 both nights. Parking lot at night was full and it didnt feel very safe to park out on the street. Lighting was poor in the parking lot as it was. Entrance to hotel was like an ashtray with all the cigarette butts to walk thru when we arrived. There are better choices of hotels in Saskatoon and I would only recommend this hotel in a pinch. Barely passable.

• Stayed: March 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 July 2005

This hotel was possibly the worst one we seasoned travellers have ever stayed at! The beds were in awful shape. The bathroom was very dirty. The Golf Dome was closed (one of the reasons we chose this hotel). There was no parking available in the lot and the area was not very safe to leave your car on the street.

There was a wedding being held downstairs so we had to listen to very loud country music from 7 PM to 2 AM! There were children running up and down the halls from 7 PM to 2 AM. When we complained about the noise, we were told security would handle it. An hour later when the noise had not changed, we complained again and asked for another room. We were told there was nothing else available and there was nothing they could do. When we checked out and complained yet again, the front desk staff were very rude to us. All we were offered was 5% off our room rate but only after we refused to pay the full amount!

Save your money and go to another hotel!

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled on business
7  Thank blc612
Reviewed 21 June 2005

I stayed at this hotel for a travel convention with about 60 other delegates. From the moment we arrived, the hospitality was overwhelming. Every staff member I encountered during my staff addressed me by name from the desk staff to the restaurant server to the bartender who remembered what each of us had to drink daily.

Some of the rooms were a little run down on the lower floors but for a small cost, one could upgrade to the business class floor where all the rooms are recently refurbished. I had wireless internet access throughout the hotel and wired in my room. Unfortunately a storm had all but destroyed their golf dome just before we arrived but they assured me it will be back before I return to visit with my family this summer.

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled on business
4  Thank greatdancer
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 29 November 2004

The beds are small doubles, hard, springs sticking up, sheets and blankets didn't fit, rooms not the least bit sound proof, ran out of hot water real fast, black mold around tub tiles, heater didn't work and when maintenance opened it up it had about half an inch of dust and dirt caked in it - disgusting.
I must say though that all the staff that I came across were very friendly and helpful and the restaurant had very good food.
I would never go back there though.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 14 February 2004

I would not go quite as far as saying it is terrible, I've stayed in worse when I was caught in one of Saskatchewan's famous snow storms.
For your money the Holiday Inn Express is a far better choice.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Medicine Hat, Alberta
Reviewed 17 October 2003

We pulled into the Remada Hotel late on a Friday evening. Our room was VERY dirty, there was pee on the toilet seat, one of the beds was broken, there was lipstick on some glasses, and the one wall appeared that something had run down it in several spots. We were only staying there because we were attending a wedding that was being held there, otherwise we would have been staying somewhere else. We will not stay at a Remanda Hotel anywhere again!

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member