“Met all my expectations and more!”

Super 8 Saskatoon Near Saskatoon Airport
Super 8 Saskatoon Near Saskatoon Airport
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
“Met all my expectations and more!”
Reviewed 17 March 2009

I made a breif trip to Saskatoon and decided to treat myself to a jacuzzi suite. I was a bit leery as the price was $30-$70 cheaper than my usual hotel with a similar suite. But not only was the room less expensive, it was very nicely decorated. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only downfall was a smokey smell when I first entered the room, but I didn't notice it after a few minutes. I visit Saskatoon often and always stay at the same hotel if I need a room for early/late flights but after this weekend I have a new favorite. It was everything I needed and was good value.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank psalm121

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Coaldale, Canada
Reviewed 3 October 2008

This hotel is located on a busy street, so noise can be a problem. They have just finished renovating. Previous reviewer is correct, the breakfast area is in the lobby. But there are plenty of restaurants in the area to go to. The rooms were ok. Ladies the sink area is VERY small but outside the toilet/ bath area. Staff is very nice. Ok for the price....Everything in Saskatoon is overpriced.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Small sink
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nwtraveler16
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2008

I stayed here for one night while on a recent business trip to Saskatoon. I booked my trip late and most other Saskatoon hotels that I would have preferred to stay at were fully occupied, so down the list I went, then further down, until I landed at the Super 8.

The motel is conveniently located midway between the airport and downtown, in an auto-oriented commercial area.

Some things in this motel were quite unattractive. The breakfast tables are set-up between the check-in desk and the front door of the motel, resulting in an exposed, uncomfortable arrangement. The motel went smoke-free as of February 2008, but the smell of old smoke is lurking everywhere in the hallways and the room. The walls in my room desperately needed a fresh coat of paint, and the carpet had several ugly stains and needed a deep-clean or full replacement. The old-style dark floral bed-covers were also depressing.

On the positive side, the wireless internet is free and worked flawlessly, and the bathroom in my room, while tiny, was recently re-modelled and attractively finished. Front-desk service was friendly and attentive.

Not a place that I would recommend, but in a pinch, I suppose you could do worse.

• Liked — Free wireless internet.
  • Disliked — Dirty carpet and walls.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Infiniti
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2008

The location of this hotel is close to a lot of restaurants, Home Depot, and 5 minute drive to airport. My reservation was same day and I paid 108$Cdn + tax. The price was slightly lower than other hotels in the area, other hotels (Days Inn & Heritage Inn) quoted around $135 for the same night.

The room was clean and apparently the hotel just went smoke-free. The bedding I received still smelled like smoke though. Everything in my room worked well. Breakfast was included in the rate and they had a continental breakfast (muffins, bagels, toast, milk, juice etc.).
I also had free wireless internet in my room.

Satisfactory hotel.

• Liked — Breakfast included in rate
  • Disliked — Smoke smell in the room and bedding
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled solo