“Great Stay”

Best Western Blairmore
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We found the rooms to be clean, the staff friendly, and the location perfect. It was easy to get to and close to a number of shopping and eating establishments. The hotel has a great layout, tons of parking, and the pool is perfect for everyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CherB84
bwpblairmore, General Manager at Best Western Blairmore, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a great review! We are always happy to hear that have made our guests stay a great one. Your comments are very much appreciated.

We hope to see you again,

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We stayed here for a concert. Check in was quick and efficient. The rooms were perfect and clean. No noise from other guests. The breakfast has lots of warm foods such as sausages, hashbrowns, fried eggs and then regular cold foods as well. Good coffee.
I really like it that they have a wall full of condiments for your use, such as toothbrushes, coffee and any other product you might have forgotten to pack. Since we travel often we didn;t use this feature, but what a great way to free up your front desk staff to deal with real matters and make your guests feel at home. Too bad there is no bar or store close by but this is a new area so hopefully this will come.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaretha S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review! Your wonderful review is very much appreciated and was a pleasure to read. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us!

We look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed 30 January 2013

I stayed here for 1 night for business, and I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised! Best Westerns are generally pretty good, but the staff here are fantastic! Genuinely very nice and helpful people that just want to make sure your stay is excellent. I received a courtesy call to double check if the room was to my satisfaction, and when I was stranded trying to get to the airport due to a lack of cabs in the city, the maintenance manager drove me to the airport. Super nice people, I would recommend going there just because of them.

The hotel is obviously quite new as well, and everything was in great shape. Loved the bathroom toiletries from Bath & Body Works too! Beds were super comfortable as well, I had a great sleep.

Even the continental breakfast was pretty yummy in the morning (tasty potatoes and a waffle maker!)

This place is a bit of a distance from downtown, but still priced high enough to be downtown. That would be my only issue. However, if you are renting a car, this is no issue in Saskatoon.

Would definitely stay there again next time I'm in Saskatoon.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tanimal4

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words! We were all very happy to read your review and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We try very hard to deliver the very best customer service that we can!

We look forward to serving you again,

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I just spent a night at this Best Western after a day of snowshoeing and birdwatching at Pike Lake. The 3 young people with me (age 6,9 and 12) loved the hotel and especially the pool and water slide. The room was clean spacious and the microwave and mini fridge were very handy. Supper was at the nearby DQ which was brand new and excellent cuisine in the kids mind. The staff at the front desk, at the pool and cleaning the rooms were all friendly warm and smiling.I even got help with a toy and a screwdiver from the front desk late at night. I felt perfectly safe with the kids around the hotel at all times. The breakfast was hot with omeletes and delicious waffles. I think the youngest said it best when she said "I don't want to go home yet."

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank chickadee57

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a wonderful review! We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments about our staff are very much appreciated.

We hope to be a part of your future travel plans!

Reviewed 25 January 2013

The hotel is very clean and the cusotmer service is also very good. The location is in a new area that is completly developed yet as ther is no resturants close by unless you like fast food. There is a walmart super center, Tim Hortons and a sub place in the strip mall near by however you need to drive back into the city for a sit down resturant. The hot tub at the hot is not very clean but if you are there for buisness you may not have time for a swim. The rooms are very clean and have a small fridge, microwave and a kreuig coffee machine. The offer Military rates that are very decent and are very friendly. I would definatly stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank LORIANNE P
bwpblairmore, General Manager at Best Western Blairmore, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a great review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for letting us know about an issue with the hot tub. All kinds of feedback are appreciated as it helps us improve the issue quickly!

We look forward to serving you again,

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in Saskatoon for work in October/November 2012. The hotel was nice, the room was clean, the breakfast was very good and the complimentary toiletries near the front desk were a thoughtful touch. However, there was something on the wall in my room that I had to wonder about. It was a white fixture and appeared to be a motion sensor-type thing, but I would really like the hotel to comment on what exactly it is as no motion-activated light came on during my stay. It's an unnerving feeling to have something fixed to the wall and pointed at the bed area. I don't want to assume anything, but I have to admit it was something I was concerned about. I would love to hear from the hotel about what this is before I book with them again. Thanks very much.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jodster123

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review!

The device you are asking about is a type of motion sensor that detects change in heat signatures to verify if someone is in the room or not. We are moving towards using these type of sensors to control lighting and heating in our rooms and are currently testing them. There is one in the bathroom that will monitor movement for the lights to go on and off and one in the main area to trigger the heating and cooling system.

Our goal is to manage the lights and heating/cooling primarily this way to ensure maximum energy savings and to do what we can for our environment.

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions! Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I've stayed here on several occasions, the latest was for five days when my grandfather passed away. The previous stay, my wife found a camera (not ours) under the bed when she checked the room before we were leaving to see if we'd forgotten anything. Although this led to doubts about the cleanliness and thoroughness of the staff, we decided to give it another try. The facility itself is very nice.
We were less than impressed with the service during our latest stay. I have a 4-month old daughter. The guys replacing the cable service woke her up by entering our room on more than once occassion. The front desk phoned to ask when we were checking out, although they should have known we were staying longer. Again, waking the baby. Then, they phoned again. The hot tub left a black streak on my back when I got out. One day, when we requested that the room be cleaned at 1 pm we were told that it couldn't be done because the cleaning staff would be gone by then. What? All in all a very unsatisfactory experience. They did knock off $50 from the total I owed, but that wasn't nearly enough.
This place needs to step up their service. I won't be a repeat customer and it's a shame because the building and the rooms are very nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tater35
bwpblairmore, General Manager at Best Western Blairmore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that our mandatory cable upgrade interfered with your stay. Unfortunately this upgrade was of an urgent matter and I can see there was some missed communication regarding the time of your check out. I wish that this could have gone smoother for you.

We were able to rectify the hot tub issues quickly. Thank you for helping bring any issues to our attention. The more feedback we get the quicker and better we can make our improvements. As you mentioned after staying with us on several occasions I hope you understand that a mistake was made and we do apologize.

Thank you for your compliments on our rooms, and we hope you will give us another chance to show you fantastic service and cleanliness we are proud off.

Always feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss anything further about this or any previous stay.