“Decent hotel”

Sandman Hotel Saskatoon
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The hotel was slightly dated in decor but comfortable and clean. Fitness facilities were small and didn't have a lot of equipment (2 treadmills, a bike, and a bowflex) but it was better than nothing. The shower had good water pressure and in-house cosmetics like shampoo and conditioner were of good quality. The hotel is attached to a Denny's restaurant which was amazing!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

I would hate to run a hotel, seems like a tough business especially after reading all these reviews. I liked my stay here, I found the hotel very appealing, my room was excellent and the Denny's was great, spent allot time eating there because it was so convenient. To top it off, Sharkies is a great sports bar with some fine ladies working the floor, adding to the visual appeal of the hotel for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Despite the last few reviews, I enjoyed my stay here. I haven't heard any construction or anything out of the ordinary for the hotel. Attached to a restaurant with such a great view, how can you go wrong?

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 25 May 2013

This was far better than what I was expecting after reading some of the other reviews. I found it to be a clean, comfortable and friendly place. I like that all floors above the main level are secured (you need to swipe your room card in the elevators). Good internet connection, and good TV service. The building looks nice and well maintained. I enjoyed this much more than the Ramada where I stayed for the last 2 weeks and am booked in here again for the next week. I never had a chance to check out the fitness facility or restaurant due to lack of time. I have been in 2 rooms here so far (both on the second floor) and they were both good.

Room Tip: Any rooms above the main floor have secured access from the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Worst experience ever. My company ALWAYS makes my reso's. I walk in and say my name and I have a room. However, not at the Sandman. I was denied my room even though my company had booked and paid for the room 3 weeks in advance. As I have been working out of the country for the last 10 years,I have recently returned and opened up a Canadian bank account and have not yet received my credit cards. The hotel flat-out denied me a room without me putting down a $1000.00 deposit on top of the rooms already being paid by my company.
The rooms were filthy, the TV was broken, the guys doing the renos left the hallways a mess, the jacuzzi was broken and to top it off, the hotel was about 35 degrees everywhere except the lobby.
Back in the day, this was a great hotel. Now it's just too far gone. The little renos are just not going to change the perception of the customer. I travel once a month, every month for 3 days at a time. At $160 a night, my company will pay the extra $40 so I can stay downtown at the Sheraton from now on.

Room Tip: Stay at the Travelodge one block over on the corner of Idylwyld and Circle.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We checked in to the sandman Saskatoon after needing a bed passing through to manitoba. Everything seemed good at the first until we were woke up an hour after falling asleep to the feeling of something crawling on us. Yup there were bed bugs in both of our beds. Our room was comped but that is all that they offered. They never contacted us after to check in.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Ryan J
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Hotel staff park in parking lot so there is no parking for guests to stay the damage deposit is not shown any where on web site very expensive for a family to stay 2 nights Regina is almost 100 dollars cheaper a night the pool could not be used and the room was very hot went to turn on the air but the knob was broke off and did not work and the bed spread was burnt from cigarettes and the curtains had burn holes in them and to top it off we were woken up by someone using a table saw down the hallway told the front desk they could of cared less as long as they got your money they did not want to correct the situation

• Stayed: May 2013