“Reviews Are Accurate”

Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Edmonton, Canada
“Reviews Are Accurate”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We selected the hotel because it took pets and had a pool for the kids. Mistake... The pool had stuff floating in it, We had to ask for the sheets to be changed on the beds as they were badly stained (as were the bed spreads and the carpet), The new sheets had holes in them but by then I gave up. The toilet plugged one evening and I too was just given a plunger to deal with the situation myself. To top it off, on the day of checkout, we got a knock at the door at 9 am from the cleaning staff asking when we would be checking out. I have never had that happen before. Isn't the fact that we were checking out that day a reason NOT to worry about cleaning the room until after we leave? Since checkout was not until noon we were looking forward to a bit of a sleep in. I would not stay here again even after they renovate, they do not seem to care about the comfort of the guests.

Room Tip: Parking was closer to the door at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Beverley G, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems encountered during your stay. Your comments are valued and certainly are not in keeping with the standards of consistency we pride ourselves. We have addressed and have taken action for immediate rectification.

My apologies again, and it is our wish you will afford The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon another opportunity to host your future hotel stays to ensure your experience is one of comfort & quality.
We are also excited to showcase our newly renovated guestrooms!

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband stayed at the Saskatoon Sandman last week, and woke up at four am with bed bug bites. His arms and legs were swollen and red. He showered for an hour, then went downstairs to tell the front desk clerk, and she accused him of bringing the bed bugs with him. Then she gave him bug spray. He sprayed all his clothing and luggage,and then slept in the chair, since the front desk clerk would not give him a new room. He did ask the for the manager to contact him, and when she did, she was very apologetic for how he was treated by the night clerk. She said she would give him a nice room upgrade next time he comes there, but honestly, there are plenty of hotels in Saskatoon with pleasant staff, so why risk another stay at the Sandman?

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank anotherParamedicGirl
Beverley G, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems encountered during your visit.

Guest comments are taken very seriously and promptly addressed. In reviewing the comments, an inspection of the guestroom provided no evidence of bedbugs. As a preventative measure, a professional company was called in to assess your concerns.

As per our telephone discussion, I was pleased that you stated that you will extend The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon another opportunity to host your future accommodation requirements.

Best regards,
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Due to a reservation mishap with the Travelodge, I was forced to stay at the Sandman hotel for one night on business. I was grateful that they had a room available at the last minute, but quickly regretted my decision to stay there and wished that I would have stayed somewhere else.

My room was on the first floor and was in desperate need of renovations. I understand that the hotel is in the process of going through renovations (evidenced by the noise). The room was small, noisy, with a very spotty wireless internet connection.

Although service was friendly, the check in and check out process was very slow. There was one person working the front desk at check in, and he took about 20 minutes to check in only 3 people.

I would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at this location before, and were very happy. The condition of the property seems to be deteriorating. I booked online, and there was no mention of any renovations, so imagine our surprise when awoken to work in the room directly across from us. The showers see off the smoke detectors, the grout needs scrubbing and the room was just not properly cleaned. The beds are also past their prime. The ladder into the hottub is missing rungs, making it difficult to get in and out of. Topped off with lackluster service at the onside restaurant (dirty dishes, freezer burnt ice cream). I will say that the service of the hotel staff was friendly and fast. We only stayed at this hotel because we has business in the conference rooms. There are much nicer places to stay in Saskatoon for the same price.

• Stayed June 2013
Horley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We have just left the Sandman hotel, Saskatoon after staying here for 2 months. Our room was lovely, and the bed was so comfortable I would have liked to have taken it with me, our room was very clean and as I was there so long got to know my cleaner Lisa who was very helpful and helped me no matter what my request, a big thank you Lisa, the staff from the general manager to the maintenance guys were all very friendly and helpful. and made my days there so much easier.
Reception staff always had a smile and I have to say their customer service was excellent, i hope to keep in contact with some of them, yes there is building work going on(which will cheer some people who commentated that it needed updating) but even though they worked close to us they did not disturb us, the only time I was disturbed was by some guests who left their kids in their room while they went off drinking in another room, which I hasted to add the security at the hotel soon stopped!
We would defiantly stay here again and would like to say a big thank you to everyone who made us very welcome.
A little tip there is a lovely patio area where you can sit and it is a real sun trap!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Certainly not a modern facility and showing its age. Facility was clean and quiet. Conveniently located with restaurants near by. Was pretty much as expected in this class of hotel. Small exercise room.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The hotel was slightly dated in decor but comfortable and clean. Fitness facilities were small and didn't have a lot of equipment (2 treadmills, a bike, and a bowflex) but it was better than nothing. The shower had good water pressure and in-house cosmetics like shampoo and conditioner were of good quality. The hotel is attached to a Denny's restaurant which was amazing!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business