Sandman Hotel Saskatoon
US$114
US$103
Courtyard
US$116
All reviewsdenny's attachedbar attachedshuttle serviceshort stayenjoyed my stayup to datean upgradenice roomexcellent stayreginamicrowavepethospital
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The rooms were quite dated. The TV was resting on a chest of drawers that were scratched and worn, the mirror in the bathroom was patched at the corners with paint that did not match the mirror edging at all. The bed linens were of a low class motel type. Do not stay in the wing near the pool unless you want to listen to kids running up and down all evening. The Denny's that was attached was ok, the front desk staff were friendly but I would look to another hotel like Days Inn or something else in the area. Price was pretty high for the room considering what little you get.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor, the sound proofing in the rooms is poor, I could hear people walking in the room above all evening.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PAFWinnipeg
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The hotel is several minutes away from the airport but at least ten minutes away from downtown. There is little to do in the area. So expect to drive or pay a lot for a cab to explore downtown.
Walking in the hotel I knew it wouldn't be a Hilton-style kind of experience. The lobby was okay but was under renovation. The concierges were pretty nice and the room was clean. The bed was cozy so I am not complaining. The hotel is pretty green for its conservation measures, which I appreciate, but the water flow was too slow to the point it discouraged bathing.

The pool and whirlpool were fine, I used it twice during my stay there.
Denny's is attached to the hotel, the food is alright. But for sports, beer, and cute waitresses, go next door to the Shark Club instead.
The hotel runs a complimentary airport shuttle, let the concierge know the night before so they can tell the driver when to expect you. To save time at checkout, an express checkout option is available.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a fridge. Ask for one if that is something you want.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Rooms were dated and in need of renovation. Smelled musty, probably was a smoking room at some point. Old fixtures and bedding. High price for this location and quality of rooms. For less money I've stayed at 4 star hotels in downtown Toronto. Check in and check out were slow and clumsy. Unusual method of signing for very large deposit, then refunding the difference on check out. Not as convenient or fast as virtually EVERY other hotel in the world which simply swipes your card on check in and the invoice is under your door in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank advisetrip
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last two months while attending concerts in Saskatoon. This hotel is an option for me to use with my credit card points.

It is a good location for both the Credit Union Center and TCU Place. From here you still need to drive to the venues but its easy to get to from the highway and close to the venues. Tony Roma's is close and there are a lot of Tim Horton's, Subways near by. Denny's is also attached to the hotel.

The staff was very friendly. When I checked in the hotel reception called a few minutes after I checked in to see if my room was okay.

The hotel is average. The room was clean and spacious. The lights flicker and in the main room the lighting wasn't very adequate. The fan in the bathroom is very loud. There isn't complimentary breakfast here.

I would stay here again based on the location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

At an inconvenient time, I called to get an airport shuttle, and in 5 minutes the actual manager showed up to drive me to the hotel. She was amazingly nice, and very professional and courteous. The hotel itself is average - the rooms are clean; not brand new but still had everything you would need. Attached, is a Denny's restaurant and a bar/lounge. This area - I have to say - smelled like a port-a-potty (although the actual hotel did not), and the whole place is under renovations, so I would hope they would remedy the aroma. Room service was directly to Denny's. It was fast and cheap compared to most hotels (I mean - it is Denny's).
The location is very convenient to the airport. There is airconditioning in the rooms if needed. It's only $10 to bring your pet (which I didn't - but that's great).

Honestly, for the price - you can't go wrong. Why pay an extra $50 to stay up the road in a slightly fancier hotel unless you're in it for the long run.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo